Last of Us Remastered, PS4 voucher code

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 1:25 am

Okay, so, I bought a PS4 finally, almost entirely just for LittleBigPlanet, and much to my irritation, all that was available at the stores near here were bundle packs that I didnt want.

Which came with games I didnt want, namely GTA 5, and The Last of Us: Remastered.

GTA 5 I can just sell, even though that wont really accomplish much. More irritating though is that Last of Us isnt a physical copy, but instead is in the form of a damn voucher code. Use the code on the PSN Store, and you get to download and keep the game.

I, personally, think the game looks bloody stupid and rather boring, as is the case with many AAA games, so it's completely useless to me. And I dont want to go through the annoying effort that selling it would bring, because it's a stupid voucher card.

So I figured... why not just give it away? But nobody I know has a PS4, because money, so I cant just do it that way.

So, here we are with this topic. I'll simply give the code to anyone that wants it. More specifically, to whoever wants it and posts first here. If that happens, I'll send the code via a PM.

Important note: you MUST reside in the US or Canada to use the code. It wont work anywhere else, it says.

If nobody takes it quick enough, I'll rescind this offer and take it to a different forum.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 6:06 am

Well, i'll buy my PS4 for christmas so if no one that already have the console post here wanting it i would love to have it!
Anyway, don't you like third person shooters? Will you not even try it? I ask because i usually dislike those AAA games too (specially shotters) but i enjoyed The Last of Us and it's tense atmosphere.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 9:30 am

Andrejake wrote:
Well, i'll buy my PS4 for christmas so if no one that already have the console post here wanting it i would love to have it!
Anyway, don't you like third person shooters? Will you not even try it? I ask because i usually dislike those AAA games too (specially shotters) but i enjoyed The Last of Us and it's tense atmosphere.

It's one of those games where simply seeing enough of it tells me that I very definitely wouldnt like it. I dont like shooters to begin with... I used to, but that was back in the days of Doom, when pretty much every FPS (or third-person type, but those were more rare) played pretty similar to Doom overall. Alot of running around like a maniac, dodging a bazillion fireballs and skulls that are on fire for some reason and who knows what else, and there was the constant freedom to either attack from afar, or charge in close, regardless of your surroundings.

These days though, that fast pacing is gone. It's all hiding behind cover... well, hiding in general... and sniping, and other things that just put me to sleep. And from what I hear the game has a good amount of stealth in it, which to me is even worse (and it seems alot of shooters have that element somewhere in them, even if only a bit). Even if I had the patience to do that, I'm typically about as stealthy as a tornado. So I've pretty much entirely given up on the shooter genre as a whole, really.

....that and it's a story-driven game. I've seen far, far too many games with really godawful stories to want that element in gaming anymore. I read LOTS of books, so that's where I'll always go for that. And cutscenes are kinda like TV/movies also, which I hate. Overall, my idea of a game story is something like "Here's this super advanced ship we got from who knows where! There's giant robot spider laser cats flying around attacking the populace! Get in the ship and SHOOT ALL THE THINGS!"

So yeah, it'd be a waste for me to keep it, when someone else could enjoy it instead.

Lightligurua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2014, 9:48 am

I pretty much got a PS4 for Lbp 3 as well and yea Last of Us never interested me, just looked too depressing. I was never a big fan of Uncharted's style to begin with or any other 3rd person shooter.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 10:08 am

I see.
Well, definitely there are a lot of stealth moments (more than i would like too) and the game is heavily story driven, i can't deny.
But i will enjoy playing it again when i buy my PS4 (just four weeks, yay) and play the remastered version.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 10:48 am

Andrejake wrote:
I see.
Well, definitely there are a lot of stealth moments (more than i would like too) and the game is heavily story driven, i can't deny.
But i will enjoy playing it again when i buy my PS4 (just four weeks, yay) and play the remastered version.

Well, if you're definitely going to be buying the console, I can go ahead and send it to you immediately, if you want.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 11:52 am

I definitely will. Until a few weeks ago i was still uncertain between PS4 and WiiU, but since the game that i want the most for the WiiU (The Legend of Zelda) probably will not come out until late 2015/2016 i will get a PS4 this year and the other one next year.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 9:48 am

Allright, I went and sent the code to you via PM.

scubba
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2014, 3:54 pm

Hey it would be awesome to have that game can I maybe get the code

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 4:22 am

scubba wrote:
Hey it would be awesome to have that game can I maybe get the code

Sorry, but it had already been given out before you posted.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 11:00 pm

oh well. I could get the code for $19 but i'd prefer the cd. seems like such a one time play thru game. stupid depression.