Page 3 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2015, 8:47 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:

Is it just me, or is it that the logo for Hatred has an eerily similar style to the upcoming DooM 4 Logo?? :? Might be my DooM fanboyism kicking in, but it's something I wanted to point out.

On-Topic: The game's been added to Wikipedia's list of controversial video games now. :|

Also, to be honest, I don't know how to react to this controversy. Yes, it's a terrible idea from the doggone start, but I feel as though it's pointless to get angry at a bunch of attention seekers spamming the controversy button.

Yes, they intentionally made it similar to the Doom logo. It's a tribute of sorts.

No shocker there. :?

Welp, that's another (controversial) game that uses a spike letter format.

Also, why make it a tribute to a game that's completely different? DooM takes place in the future with you slaughtering demonic creatures with generic guns and hi-tech plasma weaponry, whilst Hatred (watched the trailer) just seems to be a mindless bloodfest murder simulation controversy factory machine of whatever-I-don't-give-any-craps about thing-of-a-majig that has you slaughtering 3D polygons with AI that manages to make me feel sorry for them because of their pleas in the gameplay trailer.

People can call me a coward or a wuss for being offended by this game, but I could freakin' care less because of their bloody attitude towards others.

Regarding the DooM tribute thingy, I think the only reason they did a tribute to DooM (if they even did) is because it had a similar premise, except you killed DEMONS and not people. :|

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 9:00 pm

epiccolton26 wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:

Is it just me, or is it that the logo for Hatred has an eerily similar style to the upcoming DooM 4 Logo?? :? Might be my DooM fanboyism kicking in, but it's something I wanted to point out.

On-Topic: The game's been added to Wikipedia's list of controversial video games now. :|

Also, to be honest, I don't know how to react to this controversy. Yes, it's a terrible idea from the doggone start, but I feel as though it's pointless to get angry at a bunch of attention seekers spamming the controversy button.

Yes, they intentionally made it similar to the Doom logo. It's a tribute of sorts.

Also, why make it a tribute to a game that's completely different? DooM takes place in the future with you slaughtering demonic creatures with generic guns and hi-tech plasma weaponry, whilst Hatred (watched the trailer) just seems to be a mindless bloodfest murder simulation controversy factory machine of whatever-I-don't-give-any-craps about thing-of-a-majig that has you slaughtering 3D polygons with AI that manages to make me feel sorry for them because of their pleas in the gameplay trailer.

People can call me a coward or a wuss for being offended by this game, but I could freakin' care less because of their bloody attitude towards others.

Regarding the DooM tribute thingy, I think the only reason they did a tribute to DooM (if they even did) is because it had a similar premise, except you killed DEMONS and not people. :|

Considering the way those idiots act and do things, I'm going with "copied it because it looked cool, took less time than coming up with something entirely on their own". Honestly if it really DID look original, I'd be very, very surprised at this point.

....also as a fan of Doom myself, it's annoying to see the two games linked whatsoever. Ugh. Yeah, Doom itself is bloody as heck, but at least in that one you are, you know, kinda trying to save the world from being overrun by pure evil. Or at least that's how it goes in the first 2 games... 3 was an insult to the series, and I've no idea just what 4 is going to be like.

As opposed to this game, where "WHOA LOOK, CONTROVERSY!!!1111" is the story.

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2015, 9:09 pm

Misery wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:

Considering the way those idiots act and do things, I'm going with "copied it because it looked cool, took less time than coming up with something entirely on their own". Honestly if it really DID look original, I'd be very, very surprised at this point.

....also as a fan of Doom myself, it's annoying to see the two games linked whatsoever. Ugh. Yeah, Doom itself is bloody as heck, but at least in that one you are, you know, kinda trying to save the world from being overrun by pure evil. Or at least that's how it goes in the first 2 games... 3 was an insult to the series, and I've no idea just what 4 is going to be like.

As opposed to this game, where "WHOA LOOK, CONTROVERSY!!!1111" is the story.

For me, the story is "Uh, we're just gonna let you take the position of some random paranoid schizophrenic genocidal maniac that we've never told you about because uhhh, his name is not important, and we need more controversial things like that. Also, uhhhh, we're gonna have you murder innocent people because you're a paranoid schizophrenic genocidal maniac and we want to cook up some controversy in our microwaves of stupidity--- I mean, microwaves of bizarre game ideas. So yeah, just grab that AK-whatever and start shooting people and blowing up crap that's in your way because... do we need to explain? Either way, play it, uninstall it, and spam our message boxes with hate messages. I'm sure you'd already know by then that's what we want to happen. Have fun feeding us controversy! *le trollface*"

That'd be 'bout it in my book.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 9:11 pm

epiccolton26 wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:

The intent for the tribute is to the controversial nature of Doom's association to the Columbine Massacre where both of the killers had made their own levels and released them online...

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2015, 9:15 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:

The intent for the tribute is to the controversial nature of Doom's association to the Columbine Massacre where both of the killers had made their own levels and released them online...

I see...

Don't know how to react to that, honestly. But it just recalls how much I hate the media for their thought process being "OMG DIS KID DID SUMETHING BADDD!! !! ITS VIDEO GAMES CUZ OUR BULLCRAP REPORTS AND RESEARCH TEAMS SEY SO!! !! !!" :evil:

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 9:23 pm

epiccolton26 wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:

I see...

Don't know how to react to that, honestly. But it just recalls how much I hate the media for their thought process being "OMG DIS KID DID SUMETHING BADDD!! ! ! ITS VIDEO GAMES CUZ OUR BULLCRAP REPORTS AND RESEARCH TEAMS SEY SO!! ! ! ! !" :evil:

Yeah, that started with Columbine... at least as far as mainstream news in concerned. Harris had made Doom levels, one of which was a recreation of Columbine. There was also a video of Harris saying the massacre would be "just like Doom." So, the media called Doom a "Columbine simulator" and other similar names.
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 10:11 pm

I hate to use chanspeak here but...

SAGE!! !! !! No moar bumps plz.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2015, 10:22 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
epiccolton26 wrote:

I see...

Don't know how to react to that, honestly. But it just recalls how much I hate the media for their thought process being "OMG DIS KID DID SUMETHING BADDD!! ! ! ITS VIDEO GAMES CUZ OUR BULLCRAP REPORTS AND RESEARCH TEAMS SEY SO!! ! ! ! !" :evil:

Yeah, that started with Columbine... at least as far as mainstream news in concerned. Harris had made Doom levels, one of which was a recreation of Columbine. There was also a video of Harris saying the massacre would be "just like Doom." So, the media called Doom a "Columbine simulator" and other similar names.
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre

I've heard of the massacre. Freakin' tragic, but I never knew the morons developing Hatred would've tooken reference from a massacre of such controversy.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 11:42 pm

cberg wrote:
I hate to use chanspeak here but...

SAGE!! ! ! ! ! No moar bumps plz.

I don't think "saging" threads works on WP. :P

> Greentexting does though.

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2015, 12:12 am

*incoming chanspeak replies*

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and do that. :twisted:

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 6:02 am

What in the world is saging?

....do I even want to know?

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jan 2015, 3:41 pm

Misery wrote:

This is what saging is according to UrbanDictionary:

Sage:

Word entered to the email field of a *chan (iichan, 4chan, 2chan, etc) message board so that the post is not bumped. It is Japanese for 'to lower.' It is the opposite of 'age' (ah-gay), which means to raise.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 3:51 am

Misery wrote:

I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't know. :P You'd be surprised how much 4chan has influenced internet culture as a whole. Everything from lolcats to memes, and even bronies, all originated from 4chan.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 9:14 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Misery wrote:

I'm actually kind of surprised you didn't know. :P You'd be surprised how much 4chan has influenced internet culture as a whole. Everything from lolcats to memes, and even bronies, all originated from 4chan.

Ahh... I tend to ignore/avoid them these days.

I've a unique hatred for that place.

I'm usually out of date with memes anyway, often only hearing about them after they've been around for 3 months, or something like that.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 6:43 pm

Misery wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Misery wrote:

Ahh... I tend to ignore/avoid them these days.

I've a unique hatred for that place.

I'm usually out of date with memes anyway, often only hearing about them after they've been around for 3 months, or something like that.

I have a love/hate relationship with 4chan. I used to frequent /v/, but nowadays I'm more into /vr/ and /g/. A word of advice, avoid /b/ AT ALL COSTS.

Icyclan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2015, 4:33 pm

Looks interesting. Why can't you shoot kids though?