Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

OUTS1DER
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Mar 2015, 5:20 am

War Thunder is a free to play multiplayer game/simulation of WW2 vehicles.
If you like this kind of games why not make our special team? :D

Borntman
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2015, 7:28 am

Ill join I play Germans mostly and have the following
Fw 190 a1
Bf 109 f1
Pz IV E
PzIII F
Stug III A
With the 109 and Stug fully upgraded.

OUTS1DER
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Mar 2015, 8:10 am

Cool! You can add me, I have the same nickname in WT as here :)

Borntman
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2015, 11:56 am

Just out of curiosity who do you play as?

OUTS1DER
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Mar 2015, 12:01 pm

I play anything. I like to play, I'm not in there for a specific reason or vehicle etc.
I moved over from World of Tanks and I love tanks, but I begun to play also planes and I'm not so bad at flying now.
I'm level 97 though :D
Got 98% of all the vehicles in game, many of them fulled.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 6:37 pm

pc or console?

OUTS1DER
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Mar 2015, 2:16 am

PC.
I don't think there's ANY console player at level 97 yet :D :D :D

Uh sorry, maybe you want to know if you can play with console: it's ok.
Anybody can play as he wants, anyway the battles put pc and console players all together!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 3:44 am

how does it do that?

my problem with the game is i always got put up against higher level players. they always killed all my side from a distance. wiped us out fast. so trying to figure the game out and have that happen, has put me off from playing it. I love ww2 history so the game excited me.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 4:16 am

sly279 wrote:
how does it do that?

my problem with the game is i always got put up against higher level players. they always killed all my side from a distance. wiped us out fast. so trying to figure the game out and have that happen, has put me off from playing it. I love ww2 history so the game excited me.

This one might mean a low player population; it's very common when you have low population to have it so that what players ARE on there are mostly the ones that have stuck with it for awhile, or are the real "enthusiast" type, which means that the AVERAGE skill level of players is actually quite high. The learning curve soars in a nasty way when you get an online game that has that problem.

Not to mention that, even if that bit isnt the case, competitive games are often that way sorta by default. Often a very difficult time for the newest players.

As for me, this one I've not played all that much of yet.... it seems like it might prove to be a bit too much simulation for me. Not sure. World of Tanks I'm familiar with.

OUTS1DER
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Mar 2015, 4:29 am

sly279 wrote:
how does it do that?

Well the game is the same, so there's no problem if data is coming from PS or PC.
Console players are at disadvantage though, because controls are less sharp than keyboard and mouse.

Are you sure you lose too much?
Did you check your stats card?
If you are around 50% victories, then it's ok.
It's strange, because the game actually helps new players.
Of course tier 1 can only meet higher tier vehicles and if you are low level it's statistically more probable that you meet higher level players.

My suggestions:
- stay back respect to the team, and only act as support, so you will learn the game and not die over and over
- don't rush: this is not quake, and your success is in some measure result of tactical thinking
- always have cover nearby if you can, especially if you use light and medium tanks
- always keep your tank angled (30°), not straight, this increases the armor effectiveness
- if you are alone vs many, just get defensive stance, shoot and hide, and if you can try to reconnect with the team
- do NOT go into the center of the map, unless necessary: SURROUNDING IS THE KEYWORD but many just act sheepy and group up into the mid of the map, get surrounded and lose. but you CAN do the difference if you manage to get on a side and disturb the enemy action and keep them busy with you: then the sheeps will manage to take them down thanks to your surrounding action, just stay alive!

Borntman
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm

Pretty much the above especially the importance of flanking the enemy sheeps.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 7:49 pm

no one on my team was talking there was nor organzation. we seemed all new, just ran out one by one after first time. first time we went out in a big group but got shot from a distance. i was one of last ones to run out of respawns.

OUTS1DER
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Mar 2015, 2:05 am

You don't need to follow the group.
Sure it's better to have somebody near in case of help, but if the herd is going to suicide, just take another path and OPEN UP to a side of the map.
That's ESSENTIAL and increases chances of victory a lot.
If only you will be on the side of the map, just stay alive: this will buy a lot of time to your team because the enemy will have to take care of shootings from two sides and will have to rotate tank and turret to not receive damage.
Inevitably, if your team is not of complete ret*ds, they willl manage to shoot enemies down while they face you or the opposite: you will take them down while they turn to your team mates.
The important thing in this case though is STAY ALIVE, each second you stay alive you give more chances of victory by creating this difficult situation to the enemy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2015, 6:15 pm

apparently one can use a mouse and keyboard on ps4 so as to bet more similar to pc players you fight against.

OUTS1DER
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Mar 2015, 4:27 am

sly279 wrote:
apparently one can use a mouse and keyboard on ps4 so as to bet more similar to pc players you fight against.

Ye but my guess is this doesn't usually happen.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2015, 5:48 pm

Sorry I missed this thread by a week or two - big fan of War Thunder, have been playing it since v1.27. Never have as much time to play it as I'd like. Mainly play arcade planes, but occasionally realistic, and occasionally arcade tanks. Probably not really an exceptional player but decent enough. At the moment I'm "only" level 66, progressing (in planes) through T5 in US, T4 in Germany and UK, T3 for Russia and Japan. In any case if anyone wants to squad up I play as "SkullLeader" in the game. Also always love discussing the merits of the various planes, tactics etc. Feel free to PM me here about the game.