Nintendo + Universal Studios Parks = Nintendoland?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 10:05 am

Early this morning in Kyoto, Japan... During the quarterly report to shareholders, Nintendo announced they inked a deal with Universal Studios to bring Nintendo themed attractions to Universal Studio Parks based on Nintendo's most popular franchises...!

Real life Mario Kart anyone?

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=252384

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 2:12 pm

I saw an article about that on IGN. I can already see them doing a Donkey Kong mine cart roller coaster, a Mario Kart race track and a Zelda archery range.....and a Pokemon Center. I'm also already worried we'll be hearing "exclusive to Universal Parks" with Amiibo....

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 6:19 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
I saw an article about that on IGN. I can already see them doing a Donkey Kong mine cart roller coaster, a Mario Kart race track and a Zelda archery range.....and a Pokemon Center. I'm also already worried we'll be hearing "exclusive to Universal Parks" with Amiibo....

You obviously have an Amiibo obsession...!

Nintendo and The Pokemon Company International (TCPi) sell exclusive merchandise in their stores, which you cannot find in normal retail chains.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2015, 7:34 pm

I've been wanting this ever since playing Mario 3's Giant Land as a kid.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 10:41 pm

Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Sonic, Pokémon, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Xenoblade etc. Nintendo has a huge collection of IP's with endless possibilities.

While Disney is taking forever on Star Wars and whatever that other one was that had people in blue cat fursuits. Universal has expanded Harry Potter, created Transformers, returned King Kong, and is now bringing what could possibly be plumbers, a hero of time, and pocket monsters to catch!

If there is another super-sized property for Universal Studios besides LOTR, it's definitely Nintendo!

Now the question is where will it go, three places have been speculated about.
Toon Lagoon at Islands of Adventure, home to IP's that NOBODY remembers.
Marvel Super Hero Island also at IoA, Disney now owns Marvel I don't think Universal would allow rights east of the Mississippi to slip, Star Wars was enough.
My most wanted for demolition would be KidZone in Universal Studios, also with IP's that not many remember. It's home to the worst thing at Universal, Barney the pedosaur!! !
It is also possible they could pull a Harry Potter and make it across both parks, warp pipes?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 11:21 pm

Sonic is Sega not Nintendo...

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 1:16 am

Rights to use Sonic are now Nintendo's, Sonic is not out of the realm of possibilities.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 1:42 pm

AntDog wrote:
Rights to use Sonic are now Nintendo's, Sonic is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Actually, Nintendo has only a license to use Sonic for Smash Bros and the Smash Amiibo.

Sega still retains full control of Sonic.