Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm

A Modest Proposal: Intelligent Systems needs to stop throwing away all the good characters they create.

Grodus from The Thousand Year Door is one of my favorite video game villains ever. He has made some brief cameos recently but other than that he hasn't appeared again despite being totally hardcore and awesome.

Then we have Francis, Bombette, Rawk Hawk, Doopliss, Vivian and the Crystal King. I like all those characters. Why were they just thrown away?

The creators of Paper Mario need to stop chucking all their good characters in the trash after only one game.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 6:36 pm

That's because IS wants each game to be unique with it's own story and characters.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 11:27 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
A Modest Proposal: Intelligent Systems needs to stop throwing away all the good characters they create.

Grodus from The Thousand Year Door is one of my favorite video game villains ever. He has made some brief cameos recently but other than that he hasn't appeared again despite being totally hardcore and awesome.

Then we have Francis, Bombette, Rawk Hawk, Doopliss, Vivian and the Crystal King. I like all those characters. Why were they just thrown away?

The creators of Paper Mario need to stop chucking all their good characters in the trash after only one game.

Blame Nintendo, not Intelligent Systems...I loved Grodus too, not to mention Rawk Hawk, Vivian ( heck, all the party members from the first 2 Paper Mario games, but Vivian is my favorite ), Dimentio and Lord Crump. But the issue doesn't just affect Paper Mario...look at Wart, Tatanga, Fawful, Cackletta, the Shroobs and Kylie Koopa. Heck, even E. Gadd gets left out sometimes. Why does Bowser always have to be the big bad of the core Mario games? Why can't we fight Dimentio or Wart in a main Mario? Why cram lame generic enemies and re-skins into Mario Kart over characters like Kooper or Grodus? Hell, most of the characters from the Mario RPGs ( not to mention Wart & Tatanga ) never even get trophies in Smash ffs...

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 11:58 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Blame Nintendo, not Intelligent Systems...I loved Grodus too, not to mention Rawk Hawk, Vivian ( heck, all the party members from the first 2 Paper Mario games, but Vivian is my favorite ), Dimentio and Lord Crump. But the issue doesn't just affect Paper Mario...look at Wart, Tatanga, Fawful, Cackletta, the Shroobs and Kylie Koopa. Heck, even E. Gadd gets left out sometimes. Why does Bowser always have to be the big bad of the core Mario games? Why can't we fight Dimentio or Wart in a main Mario? Why cram lame generic enemies and re-skins into Mario Kart over characters like Kooper or Grodus? Hell, most of the characters from the Mario RPGs ( not to mention Wart & Tatanga ) never even get trophies in Smash ffs...

Technically Wart appeared in more than one game, though SMB2 USA was modified version of Doki Doki.
Not all games saw a NA release.

Mainline Mario titles follow tradition, and the ones that deviated created a huge outcry which reached back to Japan.
It's the reason why Sunshine is the most hated Mario game of all time.

Hell putting Link, Villager and Isabelle into Mario Kart 8 has proven to be more controversial than Nintendo expected.

The first two Paper Mario games biggest complaints were the other characters detracting from Mario.

When it comes to Smash Sakurai makes all the decisions.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 3:56 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

I sometimes think that Bowser Jr. shuld break away from Bowser and become a totally different villain. He'd change his name and turn the Mushroom Kingdom into a cyberpunk dystopia.

I, however, am glad that Dimentio is never coming back. That guy was too evil to live.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/