Favorite Video Game System of all time?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 9:04 am

What's your favorite video game system of all time and why?

For me I would say the Playstation 2. I still play it. Yes, I am aware the PS4 is out but I still like my PS2. I find the newer systems hard on my eyes plus I love a lot of the PS2 games. Plus I can get great games for about $5 as opposed to like $50 for a game for a newer system. Some game I really like:
Dance Dance Revolution Supernova
DDR Max 2
The Game of Life (PS1)
Tetris Worlds

Also love the Nintendo 3DS (without the 3D). My favorite game is Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 9:24 am

SNES & Gamecube tied. Too hard to pick between them....

SNES has so many amazing clasics like Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy VI ( I don't care if it was released as III, it's VI ), Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Kirby Super Star and my all time favorite game EarthBound.

Gamecube was the first console I ever bought myself, and the games, man...Eternal Darkness, Chibi-Robo, Pikmin, the only 2 console Pokemon RPGs, Melee...ah, memories. Still have to finish Pikmin 2....

The Xbox 360 & Xbox One are close to me too....as are the Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS and 3DS. But SNES & GCN are my faves.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2015, 11:34 am

PS1 and PS2: reliable hardware & software (for cds anyway), good controllers, and big game libraries.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 12:09 am

NES, easily. Almost all of my favorite console games are on here.

I mean, just... so many. And they tended to be very creative and original. Alot of rather screwy games, but they were screwy in a good way. And since the graphical capabilities were limited, developers were FORCED to focus on the actual gameplay. That, sadly, has reversed with recent stuff, where the graphics are amazing, but the gameplay is just fantastically terrible.

Least favorite is the PS2. I hate it. So much. I hear that the mythical original models are very hardy and dont fail easily. I have never seen one. I had later models, mostly slimlines, which were made of junk, tragedy, and sadness. I went through ten of the little nightmares. TEN.

I have since sold off.... well, more like EXORCISED.... it's foul presence, along with every game I ever owned for it.

Ugh. Just.... ugh. I dont miss it for a second.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 10:13 am

^^I have a mostly good experience with PS2's; I have watched multiple PS3s and X360's collapse while my PS2 slim still functions well.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 1:08 am

I have quite a few PS2 games now and not a console =)

As for favorite, I usually say NES or Dreamcast (hard to choose one over the other), but when I really think about it, I am awfully fond of the Game Boy Color and the GBA...not to mention, I can literally play them almost anywhere.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 10:41 am

I have a strong preference for the handheld ones. The first Gameboy was pretty heavy (especially for prelonged gaming), Gameboy Pocket, like the original, was only in b/w. I really liked the GBA because it gave color to the games, and I could play the old games on it as well.
I like the DS and 3DS but I long for simply getting a new handheld, putting in batteries and start playing. No setting up profile and adjust settings and updates and stuff like that. I liked being able to buy a physical game and play it. I'm not happy about the turn gaming has taken. I liked it the way it was.

So I don't know whether to choose GBA or DS.

If you only meant consoles, I'd have to say NES, then SNES, N64, Gamecube and PS 1 on shared second.
I haven't played Wii and PS2 much, and haven't even tried PS3 and 4, nor Wii U (yet)

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

The SNES and the N64.

Helge
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm

PS1 atleast for the memories of games like RR, RR Revelution, RE1&2, FF7&8, Silent Hill, Gran Turismo 1&2 and ofcause Metal Gear Solid. And mostly because that took gaming to another lever. Before ps1 the games i played looked too unrealistic. First time i tried Playstion, i were hooked. Tried Ridge Racer, and it were the first game that made me lean to the sides, when i were turning around corners :lol:

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 5:53 pm

Close call between the Wii and the Xbox 360 they are backwards compatible with their predecessors allowing me to play my favorites on both.

JJabb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Aug 2015, 7:11 pm

I have to say PS2 is probably the best console and Nintendo DS for portables. Considering I can play Castlevania on both or King of Fighters of the PS2. Also, Shadow of the Colossus!! Man, how can you not like that game!?

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2015, 6:03 am

The Famicom/NES. When you look at the things that were accomplished on that system considering the technical limitations at the time, it blows your mind.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2015, 8:55 am

It is hard to forget the GBC; i still have mine, although the games' memory batteries are dead, so i can't save anything anymore...

however, i mainly prefer the PC; it's modular, upgradable, the games are cheap (ish, on steam sales), and i can connect controllers to console emulators if i really want to (which is almost never, i prefer the precision i get with keybord/mouse)

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2015, 1:21 am

WII because it was the first console my family had owned. I also like Game Cube because it was the first console I ever really played, and my first two games were Super Monkey Ball and Super Smash Bros. Melee. But back to the wii, I really loved playing baseball and tennis on Wii sports, rekking people with Toon link in Brawl on wifi battles, and My mind was blown when it came to Wii sports resort and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 and 2011. Sadly one night after Was done playing Brawl, my uncle decided to watch some netflix. The next morning, I wanted to play some more Brawl, but the Optical Reader broke and got stuck so it couldn't move and scan anymore....

xAppleYT
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Sep 2015, 3:44 am

I don't even know if this counts, but PC. I know they are pricey to get a decent one, but really, for everything I usually play (minecraft, trove, euro truck simulator 2, free to play games in general), it's PC. I have a Wii at home (yeah, remember those things, from, like, 2006-2008? :P), but I don't play on it much (very rarely). If I can, I like playing on Xbox's too, but I've NEVER touched a PlayStation in my life :P

I'm a geeky Minecraft player, I also play a few steam games aswell :P

Glad to help :D

Anyways, sub to me on youtube by clicking here! :D

#Grapple!

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2015, 7:25 am

SNES and N64, this ignoring any technical factor and judging only by which consoles made me have more fun.