Xenoblade Chronicles X, the suffering doesn't stop

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

SpaceRanger
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2015, 4:29 pm

Since the announcement of a limited edition, I am checking all major game retail sites like 20x a day to see if we can finally make the orders...I am looking forward to that game so much.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 8:32 am

Very excited for this one too, although I'm a little concerned about the combat being too repetitive. Still, considering the massive world, the awesome monsters and the exploration this might be the game that I'm most excited to play this year.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 8:37 pm

$89.99

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 4:25 am

Just out of simple curiosity... wasnt this game already released, or something? Or is there something different about the game now that warrants such excitement?

It's not at all a game I'd touch (nor is any JRPG), but I keep hearing about this in various places.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 7:55 am

Misery wrote:
wasnt this game already released, or something?

the original Xenoblade Chronicles was released on Wii as Japan-only. Nintendo themselves said it will not be coming to the US. this of course made anybody who wanted it illegally download it.

Nintendo flopped (as Nintendo does) and releases it in the US eventually. but of course it didn't sell well because everybody who wanted it already illegally downloaded it.

then later, an updated version of the game came out as a *New* 3DS exclusive.

as far as "everybody" doing illegal downloads, i am not sure if that is entirely true as importing was always an option. but i know for games like Mother 3 that has still never been released outside of japan, the illegal downloads are common.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 12:51 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
Misery wrote:
wasnt this game already released, or something?

the original Xenoblade Chronicles was released on Wii as Japan-only. Nintendo themselves said it will not be coming to the US. this of course made anybody who wanted it illegally download it.

Nintendo flopped (as Nintendo does) and releases it in the US eventually. but of course it didn't sell well because everybody who wanted it already illegally downloaded it.

then later, an updated version of the game came out as a *New* 3DS exclusive.

as far as "everybody" doing illegal downloads, i am not sure if that is entirely true as importing was always an option. but i know for games like Mother 3 that has still never been released outside of japan, the illegal downloads are common.

Actually Nintendo showed the Xenoblade Chronicles to the American retailers and none were willing to stock it, because they didn't think it would sell.
So they all told Nintendo to keep walking.
Gamestop then offered to help shoulder the costs of the American release in exchange for the exclusive right to sell the Wii version.

@Misery
Xenoblade Chronicles X has only been released in Japan, EU and NA are getting it in December.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 2:20 pm

This the NA disc art via Twitter.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 10:18 pm

i have a theory that i find interesting that i want to share:

spoilers wrote:
story of Xenoblade Chronicles: the world Shulk and friends live in is in a constant loop. by defeating Zanza, they end that loop and allow their world to develop. my theory is that planet Mira is in fact the developed world that Shulk and friends were fighting for.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 4:01 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
i have a theory that i find interesting that i want to share:

spoilers wrote:
story of Xenoblade Chronicles: the world Shulk and friends live in is in a constant loop. by defeating Zanza, they end that loop and allow their world to develop. my theory is that planet Mira is in fact the developed world that Shulk and friends were fighting for.

That is debunked as Monolithsoft says their is no continuation of the story in the first game.
Earth is destroyed in opening cutscene too.