What's The BEST video game you've ever played?

Page 3 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Nocturnus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2015, 2:11 pm

You can not compare apples and oranges, it is s an impossible question, haha.

Measuring Final Fantasy to Fallout, comparing The Witcher to Shin Megami Tensei would be comparisons that are worlds apart but they are equally great games with individual merit.

Derolis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Oct 2015, 2:21 pm

Agreed. I've never been one for fanboy arguments, I generally just enjoy what I play, and talk about the merits it has and occasionally bring up the negatives of games I play as well. The act of hating a game only because another game you play is considered "better" has never really made much sense to me.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 2:24 pm

8O THANK YOU! Finally, someone who thinks how I think!
By the way, who's your favourite FFVI character [I like Terra, Celes, and Locke best] and have you ever played IV, VII, IX, or X?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Derolis

27 Oct 2015, 2:35 pm

Hard not to like the "Main" characters of FFVI, but Edgar and Sabin have always been my favorites, gotta like the bros. :P

Derolis

27 Oct 2015, 2:37 pm

Sorry to double post, but I forgot to answer your second question. I've played just about every Final Fantasy I could get my hands on, and I've always had a pretty big soft spot for Vivi from FF9, that game had fantastic character design.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 2:38 pm

I like them a lot as well, but their theme always ends up stuck in my head. Aw...Vivi! :heart:
By the way, do you recognize my avatar?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Derolis

27 Oct 2015, 2:44 pm

Of course, Rinoa from FF8.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 2:49 pm

Oh, not again! That's the second time my avatar was thought to be Rinoa! :o Want to guess again? :)

Derolis

27 Oct 2015, 2:54 pm

I guess my second guess would be Tifa, but the blue strap on the side instantly makes me think of Rinoa.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 3:00 pm

??? Blue strap? Where?
Here's the full picture: Image

Derolis

27 Oct 2015, 3:08 pm

Hmm, Rinoa seems to have much more "baby-like" facial features after reminding myself what she looks like. http://orig07.deviantart.net/2913/f/200 ... ectre0.jpg

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 3:13 pm

Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris are my favourite FFVII characters. I even play the piano and take karate lessons like Tifa, and made a costume of her Advent Children outfit for Halloween last year.

Derolis

27 Oct 2015, 4:09 pm

That's awesome, I have an old Piano that I've been itching to learn how to play. Might be a course I take at some point. Martial arts have always been interesting, and I'd like to learn to defend myself if the need arises. Advent Children was great, I've only watched the Japanese release though.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 5:05 pm

Yes, yes, yes! I only ever watch Advent Children [the blue-ray canon version] in Japanese! I simply CANNOT stand the English version. I like you more with each post you make! :D Do you think we could be friends?
I can play Cloud's Theme, part of Tifa's Theme, Aeris' Theme, and You're Not Alone on the piano, and I'm a blue belt in Karate. Oh, and I live in Canada too.

ASPickle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Oct 2015, 5:11 pm

Pac-Man. Without it, you probably wouldn't have the others to play. :lol:

Derolis

27 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm

Yeah, sure, add me, I don't have any friends on here yet, I only made one recently.