Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 12:55 pm

Enjoyed some of MH4U and am wanting to possibly pick up Generations this summer possibly.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 2:07 pm

I just picked up MH4U myself, and I've been a fan of the series for a long time, but I dunno how much I'll actually play it this time around.

My problem: The series always forces multiplayer onto you sooner or later. Alot of content cannot be done solo. In the past, this was fine, friends of mine played it alot, but now all they want to do is play Fallout, over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over. Which has gotten bad enough that lately I just avoid everyone, but that's a whole other topic...

But yeah, it does kinda force that, and I'm not too fond of playing with randoms (if the 3DS version even supports that). Particularly in a game where communication is necessary. So I havent played it yet.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 2:52 pm

Misery wrote:
Which has gotten bad enough that lately I just avoid everyone, but that's a whole other topic..

What are playing lately? I have been staying up late lately, I just haven't been on steam so.

I can do some Minecraft if you want, I am working on setting up a permanent Minecraft server but I need to be careful with bandwidth cause I have a full time Terraria one.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 3:32 pm

dcj123 wrote:
Misery wrote:
Which has gotten bad enough that lately I just avoid everyone, but that's a whole other topic..

What are playing lately? I have been staying up late lately, I just haven't been on steam so.

I can do some Minecraft if you want, I am working on setting up a permanent Minecraft server but I need to be careful with bandwidth cause I have a full time Terraria one.

As online games go, there's been alot of Splatoon on the Wii U, and I'll be playing Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 a ton, once they fix a certain really nasty balance issue. I'm a huge fan of both games though. Other than those, there really hasnt been too much in the way of interesting/good online games. Though, I think I'm going to dive back into World of Tanks. And I still havent tried out World of Warships. Those arent on Steam though, any of those.

If there's much else that's interesting online, I've not found it recently. I've also been busy doing my contracted game-dev work though, so not as much of the online gaming as I'd be doing otherwise. But I typically still have alot of free time.

Though yes, there's always Minecraft. Cant go wrong with that.

My schedule is actually different now though; I'm awake more during the day than at night. Which has been annoying, but... it was a change that needed to be made.

Sol0
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2016, 8:39 pm

I enjoy Monster Hunter, but I'd hardly say I'm a pro or anything. I played 3 and 4 until I hit G rank. While fun, it becomes a bit tedious even to my liking at that point to keep your character upgraded.

I'm pretty introverted, and don't do well in groups online, so I play almost 100% solo when I get the time, usually in bouts in between playing other games. I wouldn't say multiplayer is required, but you either have to get very good, or spend a lot of time (or both!) to make it far into G Rank. But by then, I usually have well over 100 hours, and have more than gotten my money's worth from the game, so I never feel too salty, aside from not getting to tango with the biggest beasts.

It's an amazing experience and I know it doesn't "click" for everyone, I always encourage anyone that might be interested to give it an honest try, since there's nothing else truly like it. I know it's touted for it's multiplayer experience, but there was really no greater thrill when taking down some of the more "epic" fights in a 1-on-1 (or with cats) brawl for survival. Happy Hunting!

SeReavs
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Mar 2016, 1:48 am

I, too, enjoy hunting monsters as well, and i'm totally psyched for Generations this summer! Been practicing by glancing through past games and seeing how they all evolved over time. Especially those hitboxes. It's going to be mighty fun wrestling with Plessy again.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 10:20 am

It's a good series, but I just can't truly get into it and mostly for the reasons that Misery stated.
The fact that at some point you will be almost forced to play online (something that I do not enjoy doing on my 3DS) and the fact that you have to keep killing the same monsters over and over sometimes to upgrade your gear always makes me stop, specially because the fights are not THAT easy (in a general way it is not a hard game, but some fights do have it's gimmiks and when I end them I DO NOT want to do them again 8 times in a row before moving on) and they also take quite some time to finish.
I like the games and some times I play 4U, but usually my interest starts fading after a few missions.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 2:43 pm

Andrejake wrote:
It's a good series, but I just can't truly get into it and mostly for the reasons that Misery stated.
The fact that at some point you will be almost forced to play online (something that I do not enjoy doing on my 3DS) and the fact that you have to keep killing the same monsters over and over sometimes to upgrade your gear always makes me stop, specially because the fights are not THAT easy (in a general way it is not a hard game, but some fights do have it's gimmiks and when I end them I DO NOT want to do them again 8 times in a row before moving on) and they also take quite some time to finish.
I like the games and some times I play 4U, but usually my interest starts fading after a few missions.

OMG! HUGE Zelda fan! Love your avatar YA! EPIC!

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 5:37 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Andrejake wrote:

Hey, thanks! I'm a big fan of zelda games too! It's my favorite franchise actually. (:

SeReavs
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Mar 2016, 5:40 pm

Andrejake wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:
Andrejake wrote:

Hey, thanks! I'm a big fan of zelda games too! It's my favorite franchise actually. (:

If I may interject, i'm a big fan of Zelda, too. :)

That makes three of us. ;)

Triforce. Heh.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 6:37 pm

SeReavs wrote:
Andrejake wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:
Andrejake wrote:

Triforce. Heh.

LOL! I'll be the triforce of Wisdom Zelda herself. Thank You very much LOL!

SeReavs
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Mar 2016, 6:53 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
SeReavs wrote:
Andrejake wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:
Andrejake wrote:

Triforce. Heh.

LOL! I'll be the triforce of Wisdom Zelda herself. Thank You very much LOL!

Dibs on courage. Had to climb out of my comfort zone way too many times to count at this point. x)

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 6:57 pm

That leaves power to me, but I promise to put it to a good use though. :)

mrrhq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2016, 10:01 pm

I am less of a fan, more of a playa. Ahaha, no but srsly...
I do enjoy MH4U, and can't wait for MH Gen. to come out now. :)

I am HR 230+ and I'd be willing to help anyone in high-rank or G-rank (I use the 3DS), just send me a PM or respond here. I don't use the friends code system, because of a few reasons, so I apologize in advance.

I'm also looking to get S Rank on gathering hall arena quests, and possibly do some event quests as well. I can also power-level anyone up to G2 who wants help with some monsters, I suppose, but honestly, probably only some. Most G3 quests I'd do with 4 players, lol.

Debian is the Universal Operating System.