Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 12:06 am

So, immagine this: a girl playing Minecraft 360 in creative mode. She opens her inventory and finds a bunch of music discs, and comes across one that looks broken. Out of curiosity, she plays it and feels very creeped out... Sounds like a Creepypasta, right? That actually happened to me, immagine how scared I felt! Here it is in case you haven't heard it:

Creepy, right? 8O Does anyone know exactly why they put that in the game?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 12:09 am

Herobrine did it, they have been trying to remove him since version 1.0.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 5:33 am

It's been in the game a long time.

Quite some time ago, in version 1.4.2, this happened:

And one of the things that appeared along with that was Disc 11, though it didnt actually pop into existence until a bugfix patch had been applied (yay, bugs).

Or at least, that's when it first SHOWED UP. It was actually added in the second pre-release to version 1.0, but wasnt something you could get without cheats. Considering the time that 1.0 happened.... not long after Halloween... my guess is that they'd intended to put that disc in because the release date was so close to Halloween, fulla scary stuff and whatnot, but they simply didnt. Though the pre-release was like, 2 days before October. One way or another, it was right around that time of the year when everyone's into scary stuff.

Fast foward to the "Pretty Scary Update", or 1.4.2, and it's quick couple of bugfixes, and you finally have Disc 11 as a full in-game item.

So, one way or another, it's basically a Halloween themed item, since not only was release date for Minecraft near the Halloween time of year, the 1.4.2 update hit on October 25th the next year.

Though, it's fitting in it's own way. For such a "friendly" game, Minecraft has ALOT of undead things in it and stuff of that nature. Zombies and Skeletons, and the Nether, which is basically Hell except that it lets you go places faster, and then there's the screaming Ghasts, and the Zombie Pigmen that are just sort of there for no apparent reason.... and so on, and so on....

The weird one isnt Disc 11 though.

Go have a look at Disc 13. It's very similar... but there's no "it was Halloween" reason for it. It's one of the oldest items in the game, and along with the "cat" disc, it was one of only two music discs in the game for quite a long time. You could ONLY get them from Creepers killed by Skeletons, back then. They never appeared in any other way. It appeared as part of one of Notch's "seecret friday updates", where he'd update the game.... and not tell anyone what was in it, letting the players figure it out for themselves and discuss their findings. This was a pretty popular thing among that community, back then. I seem to remember it took quite some time for the discs to be found, compared to other items. Due to the "cant get them outside of a glitch" thing (which is what the skeleton/creeper method originally was, now it's just an official way of getting them).

So there, that's the story of the creepy discs. My work here is done.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 5:54 am

Wait, I'll make this more creepy for you!

I've known about this one for awhile, and there are videos that show it off better, but this will do.

No, I dont know why they did this. But doing stuff like that has been done before elsewhere too, not just in Minecraft.

And yes, I'm a total geek when it comes to this game. I've been playing this since before they added chickens. Ah, those were the days... I still remember being really excited when dungeons first appeared (those little cobblestone rooms with a spawner in them), and the big update for the Nether.