2DS gets price drop | $80 starting on the 5/20 in NA.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 10:38 am

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news ... price-drop

Starting May 20th in North America 2DS will be $79.99 bundled with digital copy of Mario Kart 7.

For those who don't know 2DS cannot play New 3DS games including the SNES VC games, only original 3DS games.

Retail games have different box arts.

Last edited by xenocity on 11 May 2016, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 11:43 am

xenocity wrote:
For those who don't know 2DS cannot play New 3DS games including the SNES VC games.

*can

I believe that must have been a typo cause this way this sentence reads.

Also if I haven't made my point clear enough, the 2ds can play 3ds games, just not in 3d.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 11:46 am

dcj123 wrote:
xenocity wrote:
For those who don't know 2DS cannot play New 3DS games including the SNES VC games.

*can

I believe that must have been a typo cause this way this sentence reads.

Also if I haven't made my point clear enough, the 2ds can play 3ds games, just not in 3d.

My post refers to New 3DS games not regular 3DS games.

There are two very different box arts.
2DS and o3DS/XL can only play regular 3DS games.

There are also a quite a few New 3DS exclusive eShop games including SNES VC games.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 11:58 am

What?

Why? OMG, thats why I don't follow Nintendo stuff, why the hell would you do that? Thats as confusing as the Wii U not being a separate product. Marketing 101, Nintendo needs a class in it. You can't just throw new on to everything. New Super Mario Bros Wii? New compared to what?

God I am glad I am a PC gamer.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 12:11 pm

dcj123 wrote:
What?

Why? OMG, thats why I don't follow Nintendo stuff, why the hell would you do that? Thats as confusing as the Wii U not being a separate product. Marketing 101, Nintendo needs a class in it. You can't just throw new on to everything. New Super Mario Bros Wii? New compared to what?

Because 3rd party developers were demanding Nintendo to release a New 3DS with better specs in order to retain their support.

So Nintendo released New 3DS/XL to appease developers who wanted more power, since the next handheld won't be out until 2017 at the earliest.

New 3DS is essentially 3.5DS in terms of power.

It's no different than other technology getting upgrades yearly and developers choosing to only target the newest models.

Some PC developers only target the newest graphic cards, Chipsets and OSes.

Sony is nearing completion of PS4K (codename NEO) to announce it at E3 in a few weeks, with a Q1 2107 release.
It's all been leaked to hell and back.
The PS4K will have a significant spec boost over the current PS4 with developers allowed to use the extra power for their games and make a PS4K mode for their games.
Essentially PS4K will be PS4.3 in terms of power, have Blu-ray 4K drive in it, and 4K HDMI output.

You're not real PC gamer unless you upgrade your hardware every year.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 12:27 pm

I'll have you know my last gaming rig lasted 4 years and this one is only a year old. I might need to upgrade something after a year but I don't have to every single year. Also computers are so much faster than what you console fanboys understand. I can lower my graphics settings three years down the road and my game will still look better then your console crap. I can't do many things right but I can build a computer that won't die in a year.

Especially if you spend $2000-$3000 everytime you buy a new rig. Which guess what console fanboy? If I only buy games on sale off steam, I'll have the freaking money to upgrade my hardware at that price. I get more games, better hardware, better visuals anytime in my cycle than your you'll ever get your console run.

I would say come at me bro but lets not make this into a pc master race thread cause me and whoever thinks like me out number you.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 12:45 pm

dcj123 wrote:
I'll have you know my last gaming rig lasted 4 years and this one is only a year old. I might need to upgrade something after a year but I don't have to every single year. Also computers are so much faster than what you console fanboys understand. I can lower my graphics settings three years down the road and my game will still look better then your console crap. I can't do many things right but I can build a computer that won't die in a year.

Especially if you spend $2000-$3000 everytime you buy a new rig. Which guess what console fanboy? If I only buy games on sale off steam, I'll have the freaking money to upgrade my hardware at that price. I get more games, better hardware, better visuals anytime in my cycle than your you'll ever get your console run.

I would say come at me bro but lets not make this into a pc master race thread cause me and whoever thinks like out number you.

What does this have to do with anything?

PC Developers including EA are open on how they hate having to support older PC hardware and waste time and resources making lower end settings.

As for units sold, revenue and proits it goes like this in the gaming industry as of last year.

Playstation/Xbox > Mobile > PC/Handheld gaming

PC/Steam makes that much less than Playstation 4 and Xbox One combined that major developers/publishers are leaving.
WBi the makers of Mortal Kombat, Legos, Batman games etc... are no longer releasing PC games after Mortal Kombat X bombed on OC.

Bethesda (Makers of Elder Scrolls, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fall Out series) makes more money selling their games on Playstation and Xbox than they ever did when they were PC exclusive.

PC gaming isn't as profitable as the console part of the industry, part due to piracy being so heavy and PC users only buying at rock bottom prices.

We have all the sales data backing it from the developers and publishers that show PC gaming is niche.

Though I prefer handheld gaming over all others, because I'm on the go a lot.

I'll say one note on PC gaming culture...
All the PC gamers I know upgrade their graphic cards every year and their CPUs every year to keep playing at top tier graphics. They buy new top of the line monitors every 2 years.
They hate and laugh at any PC gamer who plays at lower tiers of graphics and resolutions, claiming those who don't upgrade every year are running PC gaming into the ground.

They say you aren't a real PC gamer unless you are running top of the line specs, since everything else is for console gamers.

Like I said I am a handheld gamer who refuses to buy a PS4 and Xbox One for the same reasons I won't touch most PC games... They don't have the games I like.

Now if you continue to be rude, I'll gladly report you.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 4:44 pm

xenocity wrote:
Now if you continue to be rude, I'll gladly report you.

For what exactly, nothing in that post was a person statement against you. I stated my opinion on console gamers, you shared yours on PC gamers. I didn't know there was issue here but go right ahead if thats what you want to do or feel is right.

PC gaming has its place is all I am saying now I'll show myself the door out of this thread since I don't stay where I am not welcome.

Good day to you,

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2016, 7:10 am

dcj123 wrote:
Especially if you spend $2000-$3000 everytime you buy a new rig.

That is way too much. Why build an entirely new computer when you can just upgrade?

dcj123 wrote:
I would say come at me bro but lets not make this into a pc master race thread cause me and whoever thinks like me out number you.

He was just messing around, I don't think he was trying to threaten you.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 1:34 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
dcj123 wrote:

He was just messing around, I don't think he was trying to threaten you.

Probably,

Apologies, I guess I thought this was 4chan for a moment. That was a bit harsh but I would think that there are more PC gamers then console gamers at this point. Most console gamers I know have switched to PC. I guess maybe in my mind I thought I could put a quick stop to a impeding flame war but being a jerk maybe? I don't know, wasn't a well thought out comment but I am not very smart person anyway.

I think the forum would be happier if I drank bleach at this point.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 2:19 am

^ i highly recommend you do not drink bleach, but thanks for cooling down anyway. your earlier post was distinctly 4channy. :P

i heard something about federation force being new 3ds exclusive? probably the only things preventing me from getting a 2ds over a 3ds is the shape and apparent inferior build quality.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:00 am

That's a pretty good price actually.

dcj123 wrote:
What?

Yes, I agree, there marketing is not good. Must be confusing for parents who want to buy their kids games.