Pokemon- Magearna vs. Apricorns????

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 1:39 pm

So, it says Magearna was the very first Poke Ball, made 500 years ago. But it said in Gen2 that people made hollowed out apricorns into the first Poke Balls! Was that ancient records that said that? Also, this guy from Gen5 said that when he was a little kid, they diddnt have Poke Balls. Sure this guy isnt a ten-year-old, but it's not like he's 500 years old! SOO CONFUSED!! !

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 4:20 pm

According to the common timeline theories, the Gen 5 games take place a few years after Gen 4 and Gen 2, so the guy talking about not having Pokeballs when he was a kid is probably right, as long as he's an adult. Although Magearna strongly resembles a Pokeball, I haven't found any information saying that it was actually used like one to capture other Pokemon, so I really wouldn't consider it to be one, basically like Voltorb. Though its capsule-like body that opens and closes makes me wonder.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 9:33 pm

Magearna seems to be based on the concept of a Fabergé egg, with a pokeball-like appearance. Its "pokeball" is a part of its body and can't be used to catch anything, so technically you can't really call it a pokeball.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 9:51 pm

I think Voltorb might have been the product of a failed experiment in developing the Pokeball, and Foongus's Pokedex entry says it lures people with its Pokeball pattern, which had to be an adaptation it developed after the invention of the Pokeball, but how do you explain why Magearna looks like a Pokeball? Was the design of the Pokeball supposed to be modeled after Magearna?