How Hard Is Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 12:38 pm

I've been wondering whether I want to get this game, since I've played Explorers of Sky so many times that I've lost count [and I've discovered that using Wonder Codes to feed Wonder Gummis to my player Skitty to get the Stair Sensor and Map Surveyor IQ skills makes the entire game completely easy], but I've heard that in SMD, the difficulty is brutal and you can't take your time doing missions and leveling up is extremely hard. I'm also irritated that Skitty is no longer an option to play as. :x

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Aug 2016, 7:13 am

Wonder mail and IQ skills no longer exist, it is harder than explorers of sky (though that could just be my team in both consisting of me as a Riolu and a partner Pikachu) my advice? carry lots and lots of wands, they will save your life countless times near the end of the main story and after. keep an eye out for emera's and emera loops, (they replaced IQ skills) other than that the usual mystery dungeon advice remains the same.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 2:15 pm

Oh.... 8O I think I'll stick to Explorers of Sky, then! :lol: I hope they make another Mystery Dungeon game after Sun and Moon come out.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 9:57 pm

It's definitely challenging if you don't know how to spam items/use them well, like the wands and orbs.

I've actually found it very helpful to go into a dungeon overprepared rather than normal, because it increases your chances of survival.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 11:52 pm

Playing as a Snivy, I can't get past the Beedrills and Combees you have to fight as the 2nd boss, and Riku the Riolu aint helpin'.

At least now we know what happened to Riku long before Korrina even knew him... :lol: