Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 2:30 pm

Can anyone suggest good Digimon games? I've only ever played Digimon World Dawn, and my copy was glitched so it froze at a certain area. I have a DS [obviously], 3DS, Wii, and PSP.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 8:48 pm

I really want to play Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, since it looks like a lot of fun. However, I can't exactly justify buying a PS4 just to play that and Final Fantasy X and the Final Fantasy VII remake [although I did buy a PSP just to play the original Final Fantasy VII...]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 9:53 pm

There's not much in terms of recent games, though there is a free one on Ipad.

Otherwise the good ones come from the PS1 Era with Digimon World, Digimon World 3000, Digimon Rumble Arena. Seek out emulation for those if you wish.

There's also PS2 Digimon Rumble Arena 2 and Digimon World 4 although rare, probably expensive and not so great.

For DS, 3DS, Wii and PSP theres: -
Digimon World DS (Japan, North America only)
Digimon World Dawn or Digimon World Dusk for DS (Japan, North America only)
Digimon World Championship for DS (Japan, North America, South Korea only)
Digimon Story Lost Evolution for DS (Japan Only)
Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red and Blue for DS (Japan Only)
Digimon World Re:Digitize for PSP (Japan Only)
Digimon Adventure for PSP (Japan Only)
Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode for 3DS (Japan Only)

Many of these are perhaps not easy to obtain or not cheap. Most of Digimon games haven't released outside of Japan since after season 3 or 4 properly as it seems.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 3:28 pm

^Thank you for the suggestions. It seems like more Fire Emblem games were released in North America than Digimon games!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2016, 4:50 pm

Now I really want to play the Digimon Adventure game...but I have neither a Japanese PSP nor enough knowledge of the language to translate it.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 9:33 pm

I have the Digimon Adventure game. The good thing about games like this for the younger crowd is that they tend to use more katakana and hiragana rather than kanji and so it's a lot easier to translate and understand. Usually you can find some good books that can teach you the different character sets though you would need an appropriate translation dictionary for the actual Japanese words.

There's also another Digimon World game for the Vita called Next Order that's supposed to be getting localized next year.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2016, 9:36 pm

^Thanks! I have two Japanese dictionaries, though maybe I'll just watch playthroughs online for the time being.
Yes, I heard about Next Order; it looks rather epic. 8)