Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 171
Location: Norway

27 Sep 2017, 9:06 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I haven't played Skyrim yet, but I've watched Let's Plays and I love the game. I'd be happy to talk to anyone who wants to talk about it! :D


If you have not played the game yet. I can recommend this comic based on the same universe. It's called "Prequel" and is about a Khajiit (cat person) called Katia Managan and her struggles to become a Wizard and start a new life. The comic is animated and sometimes it becomes a game also. It,s very well made. The story is still ongoing and people can send inn suggestions to guide Katia and try help her out as her subconscious. The story can be a bit sad sometimes but also very funny and rewarding. I highly recommend checking it out!
http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/03/prequel-begin/

As an Aspie I can also relate to Katia because she is bad at handling people and conversations and she struggles a lot in life doing mistakes I could have done. It,s like reading about myself.



wariodude128
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 81
Location: Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada

27 Sep 2017, 4:13 pm

I really like Skyrim myself, but haven't played it in a long time. Been busy playing the first in the series: Arena. The CD version mind you. The game is fairly hard. Still, I recommend both of them. Interestingly, I played the third one in the series, Morrowind, first and didn't really like it. Not quite sure why.



Zaarin
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2017
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 102

30 Sep 2017, 11:43 am

wariodude128 wrote:
I really like Skyrim myself, but haven't played it in a long time. Been busy playing the first in the series: Arena. The CD version mind you. The game is fairly hard. Still, I recommend both of them. Interestingly, I played the third one in the series, Morrowind, first and didn't really like it. Not quite sure why.

Morrowind has a steep learning curve. It tosses you into the world with the barest of instructions and the most minimal of tutorials. To make things even more challenging, the first ten levels or so are brutally challenging (especially if your class decision was less than optimal), and the roll-to-hit mechanic can be frustrating at low skill levels. Some people also have difficulty getting into Morrowind's unvoiced "encyclopedia"-style dialogue, though personally I find it preferable to Oblivion and Skyrim's badly written, badly acted dialogue. Morrowind is definitely an acquired taste, but it's far more rewarding than Skyrim or Oblivion if you can stick it out. :)


_________________
But if of ships I now should sing, what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back across so wide a Sea?

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"


Aspzan
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
Location: England

06 Nov 2017, 4:09 am

I'm a fan. I've just restarted the special edition which I got for free on steam. I have Enderal installed on my original Skyrim game files so I can't play the original without deleting the mod. Enderal is a mod with an entirely new map, story, races, weapons etc... Definitely worth checking out as a Skyrim fan if you're on PC.

Saw that a few people have mentioned Morrowind and Oblivion. I tried to get into Morrowind but couldn't immerse myself, don't know why either. Oblivion I got stuck in a cave without weapons and with multiple enemies and didn't continue.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,542
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

06 Nov 2017, 10:57 pm

Well my boyfriend got a copy the other day for PS3, and I played it all day today while he was at work so yeah it has caught my interest. My character is a khajiit, I did find it annoying that they had an option to add human esque hair to their head...because they're covered in fur already so yeah I didn't add the hair. so far I've been armed with the one handed axes and maces and a shield with armor...I tried a two handed sword and I hated that. I might to go in like a dark mage type direction...or whatever that would be called in the game, at least with this character. I will probably want to try different types of characters. But yeah seems pretty fun so far, and I do like the music and scenery...I find the combat a bit difficult, but I haven't really played any console games for a while so that could be part of it but it does seem a little clunky either way everything else kind of makes up for it.

I am glad this comes as a console version, I don't think I would like it as much as a PC game. I also don't think the other game I've been playing, League of Legends, would be very good as a console game, luckily I don't think that will ever be attempted because there are world competitions and such which could be difficult if some people are playing on a computer and some people are playing on a console.

Also part of the reason why I haven't tried this game sooner is I was under the impression it was first person camera ...which I don't like but there is an option for 3rd person, so I am very glad about that, first person makes me nauseous for some reason so makes it hard to enjoy first person games.


_________________
There's a magic spider on the wind
He spins a web for you
And if you wish upon a spider
All your wishes will all come true
-Nekrogoblikon


Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 171
Location: Norway

07 Nov 2017, 3:32 pm

Skyrim seems to have improved from last I saw it in VR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bw5B4_QoJM

Though I'm still a bit sceptical to the PSVR version of it because of the less precise tracking compared to VR on PC. Also graphics will not look good on PlayStation compared to a high end PC rig with lots of supersampling.

Nice to see they have included the fading of the vision when moving for the most sensitive people and the ability to turn it off for those of us that can handle it. Movement method looks similar to Vivecraft mod for Minecraft which is a fantastic way to move trough large open worlds, at least it works for me :)



Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,555

07 Nov 2017, 11:35 pm

Eh, it seems about as bad as I imagined it would be. I think it could be a better game eventually, with mods.

It shows little imagination or innovation on the part of the developers. Unnecessary menu driven interaction, over reliance on button controls, gamepad style interactions that remove you from the gameworld, waggle sword combat with lousy hit boxes. It showcases pretty much all the things that people sceptical of VR think VR is all about and none of the things that make it impressive. In other words, it's a low resolution 3D TV strapped to your face with tacked on waggle controls.

I think Fallout 4 might fare better because the technical challenges of gun based combat in VR are nowhere near that of melee combat, and the menu based interaction will be less of an issue since it shouldn't take you out of the game world, being strapped to your wrist in the form of the Pip Boy.



Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 171
Location: Norway

08 Nov 2017, 6:13 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Eh, it seems about as bad as I imagined it would be. I think it could be a better game eventually, with mods.

It shows little imagination or innovation on the part of the developers. Unnecessary menu driven interaction, over reliance on button controls, gamepad style interactions that remove you from the gameworld, waggle sword combat with lousy hit boxes. It showcases pretty much all the things that people sceptical of VR think VR is all about and none of the things that make it impressive. In other words, it's a low resolution 3D TV strapped to your face with tacked on waggle controls.

I think Fallout 4 might fare better because the technical challenges of gun based combat in VR are nowhere near that of melee combat, and the menu based interaction will be less of an issue since it shouldn't take you out of the game world, being strapped to your wrist in the form of the Pip Boy.

Oh I agree with you. It's just that I did not have high expectations for it in the first place and this looks better than the initial previews some months ago :p I never expected them to fully remake the game for VR ground up. Doom VFR however is looking much better, although it will not be the full game. Probably most big developers and publishers deem VR too risky to apply AAA resources and funding. It's not economically viable yet with such a small userbase. Right now it looks like they are experimenting with the tech in small teams.

But yeah hopefully modders will improve on the game. Still I'm gonna buy all three of Bethesda's games when they are released. If the games are really bad I'll just refund trough Steam.



The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 28 Nov 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 287
Location: Ephesus

10 Dec 2017, 7:55 am

I found the vanilla game boring after a while and WAY to easy right from the start (like playing on max difficulty at 3am about to fall asleep and still having no trouble easy). A lot of the quests got repetitive and a lot of the characters felt lifeless.

With mods however it can be turned into whatever you want. I don't think you should judge any game taking mods into the perspective (except maybe gary's mod). It annoys me when I see people who judge it based on mods. Like one guy i saw gave it 10/10, while saying in the review 'the vanilla game is trash'. There are people who like the vanilla, and good for them. I personally don't however.


_________________
Veni, Vidi, Vici
proficere non satis est, oportet deficiant ceteri omnes


crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2016
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,029
Location: UK

10 Dec 2017, 12:51 pm

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
I found the vanilla game boring after a while and WAY to easy right from the start (like playing on max difficulty at 3am about to fall asleep and still having no trouble easy). A lot of the quests got repetitive and a lot of the characters felt lifeless.

With mods however it can be turned into whatever you want. I don't think you should judge any game taking mods into the perspective (except maybe gary's mod). It annoys me when I see people who judge it based on mods. Like one guy i saw gave it 10/10, while saying in the review 'the vanilla game is trash'. There are people who like the vanilla, and good for them. I personally don't however.

Agree with this. I love Bethesda's games and particularly the Elder Scroll series, but did find that after a while playing Skyrim one's character is quickly over-powered, even on the higher settings. (Try fighting 'The Ebony Warrior' on legendary, though!)
I've modded my Skyrim quite heavily too, though I tend to stick with immersive-only mods and interesting companions with unique dialogue.


_________________
On hiatus thanks to someone in real life breaching my privacy here, without my permission! May be back one day. +tips hat+


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,542
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

10 Dec 2017, 2:33 pm

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
I found the vanilla game boring after a while and WAY to easy right from the start (like playing on max difficulty at 3am about to fall asleep and still having no trouble easy). A lot of the quests got repetitive and a lot of the characters felt lifeless.

With mods however it can be turned into whatever you want. I don't think you should judge any game taking mods into the perspective (except maybe gary's mod). It annoys me when I see people who judge it based on mods. Like one guy i saw gave it 10/10, while saying in the review 'the vanilla game is trash'. There are people who like the vanilla, and good for them. I personally don't however.


what do you mean by vanilla in this context?


_________________
There's a magic spider on the wind
He spins a web for you
And if you wish upon a spider
All your wishes will all come true
-Nekrogoblikon


MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,529
Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Dec 2017, 2:40 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
I found the vanilla game boring after a while and WAY to easy right from the start (like playing on max difficulty at 3am about to fall asleep and still having no trouble easy). A lot of the quests got repetitive and a lot of the characters felt lifeless.

With mods however it can be turned into whatever you want. I don't think you should judge any game taking mods into the perspective (except maybe gary's mod). It annoys me when I see people who judge it based on mods. Like one guy i saw gave it 10/10, while saying in the review 'the vanilla game is trash'. There are people who like the vanilla, and good for them. I personally don't however.


what do you mean by vanilla in this context?


Vanilla simply means the base game itself, nothing modified. Playing "the vanilla game" is basically saying "I'm playing this game unmodified."

I've modified the f**k out of Skyrim though, lots of fun to do.


_________________
When in doubt, ask someone with ASD. Chances are, they're obsessed with what you need to know. :roll:


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,542
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

10 Dec 2017, 2:43 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
I found the vanilla game boring after a while and WAY to easy right from the start (like playing on max difficulty at 3am about to fall asleep and still having no trouble easy). A lot of the quests got repetitive and a lot of the characters felt lifeless.

With mods however it can be turned into whatever you want. I don't think you should judge any game taking mods into the perspective (except maybe gary's mod). It annoys me when I see people who judge it based on mods. Like one guy i saw gave it 10/10, while saying in the review 'the vanilla game is trash'. There are people who like the vanilla, and good for them. I personally don't however.


what do you mean by vanilla in this context?


Vanilla simply means the base game itself, nothing modified. Playing "the vanilla game" is basically saying "I'm playing this game unmodified."

I've modified the f**k out of Skyrim though, lots of fun to do.


ah I see, so far I haven't got any of the mods for it but I likely will, just trying to play all the way through at least once first. My brother has a friend who has I guess somehow created his own mods for the game...lol don't think I have the tech knowledge to do anything like that but the mods available for purchase look interesting.


_________________
There's a magic spider on the wind
He spins a web for you
And if you wish upon a spider
All your wishes will all come true
-Nekrogoblikon


MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,529
Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Dec 2017, 3:18 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
I found the vanilla game boring after a while and WAY to easy right from the start (like playing on max difficulty at 3am about to fall asleep and still having no trouble easy). A lot of the quests got repetitive and a lot of the characters felt lifeless.

With mods however it can be turned into whatever you want. I don't think you should judge any game taking mods into the perspective (except maybe gary's mod). It annoys me when I see people who judge it based on mods. Like one guy i saw gave it 10/10, while saying in the review 'the vanilla game is trash'. There are people who like the vanilla, and good for them. I personally don't however.


what do you mean by vanilla in this context?


Vanilla simply means the base game itself, nothing modified. Playing "the vanilla game" is basically saying "I'm playing this game unmodified."

I've modified the f**k out of Skyrim though, lots of fun to do.


ah I see, so far I haven't got any of the mods for it but I likely will, just trying to play all the way through at least once first. My brother has a friend who has I guess somehow created his own mods for the game...lol don't think I have the tech knowledge to do anything like that but the mods available for purchase look interesting.


You said you had the PS3 version, right? That version isn't moddable, but the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions are.


_________________
When in doubt, ask someone with ASD. Chances are, they're obsessed with what you need to know. :roll:


Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 32,542
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

10 Dec 2017, 4:03 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
I found the vanilla game boring after a while and WAY to easy right from the start (like playing on max difficulty at 3am about to fall asleep and still having no trouble easy). A lot of the quests got repetitive and a lot of the characters felt lifeless.

With mods however it can be turned into whatever you want. I don't think you should judge any game taking mods into the perspective (except maybe gary's mod). It annoys me when I see people who judge it based on mods. Like one guy i saw gave it 10/10, while saying in the review 'the vanilla game is trash'. There are people who like the vanilla, and good for them. I personally don't however.


what do you mean by vanilla in this context?


Vanilla simply means the base game itself, nothing modified. Playing "the vanilla game" is basically saying "I'm playing this game unmodified."

I've modified the f**k out of Skyrim though, lots of fun to do.


ah I see, so far I haven't got any of the mods for it but I likely will, just trying to play all the way through at least once first. My brother has a friend who has I guess somehow created his own mods for the game...lol don't think I have the tech knowledge to do anything like that but the mods available for purchase look interesting.


You said you had the PS3 version, right? That version isn't moddable, but the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions are.


It shows 3 available mods on the PS3, that you can buy...or are those extensions, idk, one of them allows you to build your own house though. Either way I will probably at some point look into an Xbox One as I've made an xbox account on my acer laptop it can connect with xbox consoles somehow, whearas my last laptop had a simular type of thing with Playstation consoles...so makes more sense to get that than a PS4.


_________________
There's a magic spider on the wind
He spins a web for you
And if you wish upon a spider
All your wishes will all come true
-Nekrogoblikon


MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,529
Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Dec 2017, 4:24 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
I found the vanilla game boring after a while and WAY to easy right from the start (like playing on max difficulty at 3am about to fall asleep and still having no trouble easy). A lot of the quests got repetitive and a lot of the characters felt lifeless.

With mods however it can be turned into whatever you want. I don't think you should judge any game taking mods into the perspective (except maybe gary's mod). It annoys me when I see people who judge it based on mods. Like one guy i saw gave it 10/10, while saying in the review 'the vanilla game is trash'. There are people who like the vanilla, and good for them. I personally don't however.


what do you mean by vanilla in this context?


Vanilla simply means the base game itself, nothing modified. Playing "the vanilla game" is basically saying "I'm playing this game unmodified."

I've modified the f**k out of Skyrim though, lots of fun to do.


ah I see, so far I haven't got any of the mods for it but I likely will, just trying to play all the way through at least once first. My brother has a friend who has I guess somehow created his own mods for the game...lol don't think I have the tech knowledge to do anything like that but the mods available for purchase look interesting.


You said you had the PS3 version, right? That version isn't moddable, but the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions are.


It shows 3 available mods on the PS3, that you can buy...or are those extensions, idk, one of them allows you to build your own house though. Either way I will probably at some point look into an Xbox One as I've made an xbox account on my acer laptop it can connect with xbox consoles somehow, whearas my last laptop had a simular type of thing with Playstation consoles...so makes more sense to get that than a PS4.


Mods and DLC are different. The expansions you can buy are called DLC, they're usually created in-house by the developer. Mods are made outside of the developer by the community.

Here's an example of a mod: https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88275


_________________
When in doubt, ask someone with ASD. Chances are, they're obsessed with what you need to know. :roll: