What upcoming 2019 games are you looking forward to?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sleepyestes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2019, 10:03 pm

Sekiro is a given for me; Bloodborne is my favourite game of all time and I'm interested to see how From changes up the formula. I'm really happy that they refused to go on indefinitely with Dark Souls and want to evolve their work, although I'll admit that I miss the mystique of Demon's Souls and (less so) the original Dark Souls.

Given that Platinum hasn't actually developed anything worthwhile in some time (I think the combat in Nier Automata was bad, even though I love everything else about that game) it feels like the character action genre is dead, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what Capcom does with DMC5. They're on a roll lately.

I'm looking forward to the new season pass for Dragon Ball FighterZ. Yeah, I'm pushing it since the game came out last year but this is the first fighting game I've been able to get into and I grew up with DB so I want to see who's coming. Honestly, I'd really like to have SS4 Goku, but that's never going to happen.

Doom Eternal... I'll play it. The last one was decent. To be honest I don't enjoy many games anymore so the fact that I will probably play this one places it higher than most releases.

As for Bloodstained, I'll see how it is. Curse of the Moon was great and I finished it on all the endings. I grew up with SotN and the other Metroidvania CV games, but lately I've grown to appreciate the old style more. I think Rondo of Blood is the best game in the series. So I'm not sure how much I'll like Bloodstained but I'll probably end up playing it.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 8:12 am

Platinum have been working on a Granblue Fantasy action game, which should be out soon.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2019, 5:39 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Platinum have been working on a Granblue Fantasy action game, which should be out soon.

There's also Bayonetta 3. I'm not sure if it's gonna come out this year, though; we haven't heard anything about it since the reveal at 2017's Game Awards.

sleepyestes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2019, 8:14 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:

Platinum have had a tough time what with the cancelled Xbox game, but regardless, they haven't developed a genuinely good game since Revengeance or Bayo 2 imo (I haven't played the latter yet because I don't own a Wii U or Switch). It's impossible to know what's going on inside the company but until they release something worthy I'm going to be skeptical. I highly doubt that a game based off of the Granblue Fantasy license will be a labour of love, given that the very notion of such a thing causes immense mental distress. Bayo 3 is going to be pivotal for them and I really hope it's a great game like 1 and (presumably) 2.

It feels really weird, but I have greater hopes for DMC5 right now. I couldn't be happier that Capcom ended their strategy of outsourcing their games the worst possible western studios to appeal to us disgusting gaikokujin

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 10:41 pm

Assuming there aren't any issues that delay, Cyberpunk 2077 all day every day.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 4:48 am

sleepyestes wrote:
Platinum have had a tough time what with the cancelled Xbox game, but regardless, they haven't developed a genuinely good game since Revengeance or Bayo 2 imo (I haven't played the latter yet because I don't own a Wii U or Switch).

You might not have liked it, but Nier: Automata was critically and commercially successful, to the point where it's probably the only reason they're able to still work on big projects at all.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 7:41 am

the Outer Worlds.

It's the non-fallout spiritual sequel to Fallout: New Vegas, but set in a Firefly-esque space setting. Gimme!

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 1:36 pm

Mortal Kombat 11
Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
Ugly Dolls An Imperfect Adventure
Little Friends Dogs and Cats
Pokemon Sword
Link’s Awakening (I love the original)
Animal Crossing for the Switch
Fire Emblem Three Houses

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 1:44 pm

None :(

My PC is yet again outdated and in need of an upgrade which I can't afford.

I was really looking forward to playing Wolfenstein II and Far Cry New Dawn

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 10:21 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
None :(

My PC is yet again outdated and in need of an upgrade which I can't afford.

I was really looking forward to playing Wolfenstein II and Far Cry New Dawn

You totally sure about that? The *need* to upgrade PCs for new games is... actually quite rare these days. With the proper settings, most everything will run on a potato. I honestly cant remember the last time I ran into a PC that was outright incapable of playing recent games. Dont get me wrong, I've run into plenty that wouldnt be able to handle higher settings whatsoever, but... completely being unable to play whatsoever? Even if your computer is a few years old, chances are, it's not actually a problem. The big exception is virtual reality. Plenty of machines really are incapable of it.

All of that is exactly why I always keep my computers... without actual upgrades... until they start literally falling apart. And I really do mean "literally". My laptop only recently got replaced, as half the keyboard wasnt working right and a couple of parts on the side actually fell off entirely. My main desktop machine got replaced after it went bat#(%& insane (and also some ports stopped working). Again, I also *never* upgrade parts. Too lazy. Regardless of their age, they functioned as my main gaming devices until they finally collapsed.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 1:53 am

My grahpics card "Radeon HD 6900" doesn't support Vulcan :( , it must be less than a potatoe :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 2:13 am

coalminer wrote:
Misery wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't know, just looking forward to getting the xbox one x...and playing skyrim and dragon age, inquisition on it. But I am sure I'll find more games to play just don't have any specific I am waiting for.

Elderscrolls 6 perhaps?

(Assuming Bethesda don't f**k it up like they did with Fallout 76. First game from them that i didn't get and won't play even if they pay me)

Don't get your hopes up on that one too much.

Bethesda seems to be like Blizzard now: A hollow shell of what they used to be.

Heck, they didn't just screw up with 76... they screwed up AND THEN COMPOUNDED IT. REPEATEDLY. New screwups are STILL coming in! It's like a train wreck, except it doesn't run out of momentum and just keeps tumbling and exploding.

There's a really, REALLY high chance that the next Elder Scrolls is going to be bad. It's certainly possible that it could be good... but yeah, it's unlikely at this point. It's become very clear that Bethesda has become one of those companies that is more interested in monetization and such rather than making good games.

Not to mention, the thing about Bethesda is... they were never that good to begin with. EVERY game they make is a buggy mess. ALL of them.

I think there's something to be said in regards to the bugginess of Bethesda's games being hilarious too, though. My favorite streamer did a playthrough of Skyrim last year, and he got to see a piece of paper suddenly turn into a bucket when it was burned, among other wonderous sights. He's even said that the main reason he kept streaming Skyrim was the glitches. And when he played Fallout 76, there was one part where he was in a building with another player, and a monster dog ran in with a box stuck inside it. His resulting laugh was beautiful. Granted, the games can have glitches that hinder the player as well, but those seem to be less common.

But either way, Elder Scrolls 6 is definitely not coming out this year. Todd Howard said at last year's e3 that they're going to finish Starfield first, which will probably be a next-generation game.

Speaking of glitches on my copy of skyrim, i got the special edition or whatever with the addition where you can build your own house. So that has been kind of cool I suppose...I built a house for my Orc character. But the mannequins you get to hang up clothes or armor seem to have a glitch. Sometimes they move, like first time one of them was just out of place and it caught me off guard. But one of the most recent times I played I walked into a room with my orc and one of the mannequins just jumped in my face and started moving around(it kinda scared the crap out of me for a second), because I didn't expect it. . Then after a couple seconds it went back to its proper place but one of the legs had the knee bent in kind of a dancing position and it just stayed like that, so now in my orc house I have a mannequin in a sort of animated position with their leg raised up and knee bent like they are taking a step or dancing. Because it glitched out and made it move for a few seconds so it got stuck in a new position. After the fact it was funny but initially it certainly caught me off guard. But I have always found mannequins to be kinda creepy even if they are just in a game or animated show/movie.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2019, 10:27 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
coalminer wrote:
Misery wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't know, just looking forward to getting the xbox one x...and playing skyrim and dragon age, inquisition on it. But I am sure I'll find more games to play just don't have any specific I am waiting for.

Elderscrolls 6 perhaps?

(Assuming Bethesda don't f**k it up like they did with Fallout 76. First game from them that i didn't get and won't play even if they pay me)

Don't get your hopes up on that one too much.

Bethesda seems to be like Blizzard now: A hollow shell of what they used to be.

Heck, they didn't just screw up with 76... they screwed up AND THEN COMPOUNDED IT. REPEATEDLY. New screwups are STILL coming in! It's like a train wreck, except it doesn't run out of momentum and just keeps tumbling and exploding.

There's a really, REALLY high chance that the next Elder Scrolls is going to be bad. It's certainly possible that it could be good... but yeah, it's unlikely at this point. It's become very clear that Bethesda has become one of those companies that is more interested in monetization and such rather than making good games.

Not to mention, the thing about Bethesda is... they were never that good to begin with. EVERY game they make is a buggy mess. ALL of them.

I think there's something to be said in regards to the bugginess of Bethesda's games being hilarious too, though. My favorite streamer did a playthrough of Skyrim last year, and he got to see a piece of paper suddenly turn into a bucket when it was burned, among other wonderous sights. He's even said that the main reason he kept streaming Skyrim was the glitches. And when he played Fallout 76, there was one part where he was in a building with another player, and a monster dog ran in with a box stuck inside it. His resulting laugh was beautiful. Granted, the games can have glitches that hinder the player as well, but those seem to be less common.

But either way, Elder Scrolls 6 is definitely not coming out this year. Todd Howard said at last year's e3 that they're going to finish Starfield first, which will probably be a next-generation game.

Speaking of glitches on my copy of skyrim, i got the special edition or whatever with the addition where you can build your own house. So that has been kind of cool I suppose...I built a house for my Orc character. But the mannequins you get to hang up clothes or armor seem to have a glitch. Sometimes they move, like first time one of them was just out of place and it caught me off guard. But one of the most recent times I played I walked into a room with my orc and one of the mannequins just jumped in my face and started moving around(it kinda scared the crap out of me for a second), because I didn't expect it. . Then after a couple seconds it went back to its proper place but one of the legs had the knee bent in kind of a dancing position and it just stayed like that, so now in my orc house I have a mannequin in a sort of animated position with their leg raised up and knee bent like they are taking a step or dancing. Because it glitched out and made it move for a few seconds so it got stuck in a new position. After the fact it was funny but initially it certainly caught me off guard. But I have always found mannequins to be kinda creepy even if they are just in a game or animated show/movie.

That's a pretty famous one. I love how, despite being completely unintentional (as far as we know), it works exactly like it would in a horror movie or something. Skyrim is a crazy, dysfunctional treasure.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 4:57 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
My grahpics card "Radeon HD 6900" doesn't support Vulcan :( , it must be less than a potatoe :lol:

I looked up that card.

....and got an article from 2010 about it.

Well. You're right, it might be less than a potato, in that case.

Why not just grab a super cheapo recent card though? It's not like an upgrade requires that the part you install be a high-end expensive thing.... it just needs to be functional.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 6:54 pm

I'm very interested in No Man's Sky, which has been announced today for VR. I wasn't really interested in it before since it looked like similar to a bunch of other games I've played, such as Elite Dangerous and Empyrion. But with VR it seems much more interesting and should fit well, assuming they don't botch it up like Subnautica.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 8:43 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I'm very interested in No Man's Sky, which has been announced today for VR. I wasn't really interested in it before since it looked like similar to a bunch of other games I've played, such as Elite Dangerous and Empyrion. But with VR it seems much more interesting and should fit well, assuming they don't botch it up like Subnautica.

Oh yeah, I just heard about this like a couple of hours ago.

I already have NMS, and as far as I'm concerned it's been absolutely fantastic. Sure it had a bad launch, but the devs are *incredibly* skilled at what they do, as they've proven with each update. The game has totally outdone my original expectations & hopes. I've got many hours in it at this point. Though I STILL havent completed a playthrough (AKA, reached the galactic core). I always get so freaking distracted in games like this.

With this announcement, it's now something I'm super excited about. Which is the same as it was last year when THAT big update was coming.

I will say though, since you mentioned it, it doesnt play whatsoever like Elite or Empyrion. Expect something completely different from either of those.

I do wonder at the controls though. What I really want out of it is *full* support for the Touch controllers... no need for a flight stick or special side controller or anything like that. Just looking at the trailer though, it's looking like full motion support is indeed the direction they're going in.

Yet another game that can make my arms hurt in VR then!