Which videogames have taken you the most time to finish?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2019, 3:25 pm

la_fenkis wrote:
coalminer wrote:
I played The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for over 200 hours before I felt satisfied. That file is far from complete, mind you; I barely passed 50% completion. But I don't really feel the need to do every little thing that remains (namely the korok seeds), especially now that I don't have the physical walkthrough anymore. I do plan on doing a shorter playthrough in master mode sometime soon, though.

When I was younger, I played Pokémon Heartgold for over 300 hours. There's just so much stuff to do in that game. Although, I wonder how much of that time was spent watching health bars slowly drain and long move animations. Since I was a (relatively) little kid, I didn't mind the slow battles much, but I don't know if I'd be willing to tolerate them now. I put a ton of time into other Pokémon games as well, but Heartgold is probably the one I played the most.

Playing Pokemon games with an emulator on a smartphone cranked to 4x normal speed makes the games much more tolerable as an adult in my experience.

Well, that generation of Pokémon is the only one where the battle speed is a problem (in my experience). They've made the battles faster in more recent games. And I'm too much of a goody-two-shoes to use emulators.

Lukario
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2019, 8:18 am

I invested some time in Soulsilver, I think It's a wonderful game and the best improvement over the originals has to be the graphics and music, otherwise I don't think there were any bonus content which made the games more appealing, not even the pokewalker.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 8:30 am

I've probably got 1000+ hours of Skyrim. Never actually finished it.

I got stuck at one point in the original Pokémon games because I didn't know what a vending machine was. By the time I figured it out, my Kadabra was lvl 60+ and my opponents were around lvl 40-50.