Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

FNAFROCKS
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2015, 7:12 am

So my sister downloaded this thing called forge so she could get a mod but ever since she downloaded it minecraft wouldn't work right! I would say this is part warning don't download forge it might forever ruin minecraft! If you can help me plz do I would really appreciate it! :( MINECRAFT IS RUINED!! !! ! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That's just who I am ok?

AtlasOwl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2015, 7:16 am

I've played Minecraft very successfully with Forge for a very long time.
Did you follow the Forge installation instructions? When you say Minecraft is ruined, does the game not open, or is something wrong in-game?

FNAFROCKS
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2015, 7:53 am

Ok so.. it seems to be forge or something because it started like yesterday (When she installed it) so.. it could be but either way does it matter? i can just uninstall it somehow right? my sis got it on mac so if you know how to uninstall it on mac then that would be pretty useful!

That's just who I am ok?

AtlasOwl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2015, 9:01 am

It definitely matters where the problem is. If the game doesn't start or crashes shortly after starting, Forge may have been installed incorrectly. If the problem is in-game, the issue is most likely a mod that's installed, not Forge itself.

If Forge was installed correctly you shouldn't even need to uninstall it to play Minecraft without it.
When Forge is installed, it creates a new profile that you can use that is separate from your default user profile. If you don't want to play with Forge, when the Minecraft loader opens up, check which profile is selected in the bottom left hand corner. If you click Edit Profile, you can see which version of Minecraft the profile will play the game with. As long as that doesn't say Forge, you shouldn't be playing with Forge, thus your sister can use Forge while you can play without it.

If you really want to uninstall Forge completely, I haven't had the need to uninstall it, but a quick Google search led to a few Minecraft forums and some YouTube videos that should give you a fairly step-by-step guide to uninstalling Forge.

FNAFROCKS
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2015, 11:14 pm

I got forge before I could get any mods because I needed forge to do it and it was like that before getting a mod the modded minecraft thing i opened up (Crazycraft 2.2, dreamcraft stuff like that) was fine minecraft is crazy not in a good way like let's say it crashes all the time or does not open up OR maybe the animals stay still i hit them they meow even if there a chicken and i can't jump (Not my case but who cares examples are examples)

That's just who I am ok?

AtlasOwl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2015, 4:23 am

Sorry but I don't think I can offer you any more help than I already have. If you're still having trouble, you might have better luck on the Minecraft forums.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 2:15 pm

Did you install the vanilla of the version of the mod before installing the forge one?

If you didn't, delete the forge profile, then make a new profile, and select the version the mod is compatible with. Run it, leave the game and then use forge. After that, youy have to select the forge profile and you can play your mod.

If you did everything I said previously and it still doesn't work ,it means that some of your mods are incompatible and you'll need to delete some OR that one of your mod is corrupted, you'll need to remove it no matter what if its the case.

FNAFROCKS
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2015, 9:57 pm

It may not be forge but I can always try uninstalling it at least give me instructions on how to uninstall it it may have been installed incorrectly oh to help plz be a mac user because then your no help... I have two computers one is not as good it still works fine so I keep it along with my new mac minecraft is ruined on my mac and it's laggy on this computer but not as bad because it doesn't crash and stuff it's just laggy mainly because my computer is getting old!

That's just who I am ok?

xAppleYT
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Aug 2015, 2:44 pm

Hi there :D FNAFROCKS,

I know how to fix this, I have a little experience with mods, and I can try to help!
If you go to your .minecraft folder ( click me if you dont know how to find! :D), copy and paste your folder called "saves" if you play singleplayer, a single file called servers.dat and, if you use texture packs, copy the "resourcepacks" folder to your desktop in a folder called "backup". You might wanna copy any other important folders you might have there (i dont think you will have though) Then, delete your .minecraft folder, delete minecraft launcher, then reinstall minecraft from minecraft.net . Launch minecraft. Then, go back into your .minecraft, copy the contents of the "backup" folder into the .minecraft (making sure you delete the new servers.dat, "resourcepacks" and saves folder that are currently in .minecraft) then launch minecraft again. Whoopee! All back to normal!

By the way, to get started with modding, use the "Technic Launcher(click me!)"

Good luck!

xAppleYT :D

I'm a geeky Minecraft player, I also play a few steam games aswell :P

Glad to help :D

Anyways, sub to me on youtube by clicking here! :D

#Grapple!

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 2:55 pm

xAppleYT wrote:
By the way, to get started with modding, use the "Technic Launcher(click me!)"
This. It has tons of great modpacks wich you can install from RPG styled ones like Hexxit, a lot about science and engineering (The Tekkit series and Volt) and other fun ones like Attack of B-Team and such.

Bobik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2019, 8:54 am

Dude, apparently, it was a mod incompatible with the game, or perhaps it was a virus. Recently, I tried to download a pirated version of Adobe Premiere Pro, and along with the file I picked up some kind of virus that brought minecraft out of action. It was very strange, because of all the games and programs, only Minecraft didn’t work for me. It’s best to reinstall the game, and then if you or your sister want to play with mods, it’s best to do it on a separate server so that you don’t get banned . You can buy your own [url=https:[/url]
and play on it with mods. Do not give thanks!

Last edited by B19 on 10 Dec 2019, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.: spammer