Animal Crossing New Horizons thread

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:23 am

I played Wild World, and while I liked it, the meanness that could be seen there made it less enjoyable to me personally. Not upsetting, just less nice.

I far prefer New Leaf and New Horizon. I want my village to be nice, and when my favorite animals move in, I like that they are fairly friendly right off the bat, because it kinda feels like I'm continuing my friendship with them, even though it's another game.

I get quite a few letters in ACNH, and sometimes they run up to me to give me things, but mostly 'just' reactions.

But I also kinda wish there was more to do, and one thing I wish was that we could actually use the items and furniture more. Climb the climbing wall, ride the bike (not for speeding movement up but for the interaction), etc, there could mini games involved with the climbing wall, soccer games etc.

There should be more different dialogue. The animals could have more personality, not just being jock or lazy or peppy.

I find it takes a while to get an inkling on what I want to do with my island. Terraforming is great but can be a bit of an analysis paralysis thing.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:01 am

I haven’t played any other Animal Crossing, so I can’t really take part in the comparisons.

I will say that I really wish there was a way to give Daisy Mae the tissue box I have in storage. I think she’s allergic to turnips.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:05 am

Skilpadde wrote:
I played Wild World, and while I liked it, the meanness that could be seen there made it less enjoyable to me personally. Not upsetting, just less nice.

I far prefer New Leaf and New Horizon. I want my village to be nice, and when my favorite animals move in, I like that they are fairly friendly right off the bat, because it kinda feels like I'm continuing my friendship with them, even though it's another game.

I get quite a few letters in ACNH, and sometimes they run up to me to give me things, but mostly 'just' reactions.

But I also kinda wish there was more to do, and one thing I wish was that we could actually use the items and furniture more. Climb the climbing wall, ride the bike (not for speeding movement up but for the interaction), etc, there could mini games involved with the climbing wall, soccer games etc.

There should be more different dialogue. The animals could have more personality, not just being jock or lazy or peppy.

I find it takes a while to get an inkling on what I want to do with my island. Terraforming is great but can be a bit of an analysis paralysis thing.

I highly agree. They should add in mini games like they did on the game cube version. I think you were able to play some NES/SNES games if you had a certain item.

The animals do have more than three personalities, I find that they toned some down a lot such as the grouchy/snooty personalities. Some are also too closet related like Uchi and Normal. Another thing they could do is maybe expand on relationships. I have some villagers say they hadn’t call their parents yet and they’re worried - that can become a thing where they come to you for advice and you can try to help them.

I think what I miss the most is feeling like I am one of the villagers instead of this supreme being

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 1:39 am

What do you guys think of the new update?

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 3:10 am

The Halloween stuff?

I like spoopy so I am enjoying it, granted the aesthetic in my hemisphere is cherry blossoms with pumpkins. I set up my farm to have three sets of each colour, and then an extra long one of just orange pumpkins because that is what the recipes require.

Not sure if related, but also some nice clothes coming into the clothes store, a number of them called mage, which are cool, got a mage dress that looks good, along with imp horns that I saw yesterday. I may need to start declutter my storage since it is over 1500 items, especially the clothes.

Also on my way to having all the flowers, blue roses have especially been hard to get.