Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Magicklore
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2022, 5:02 pm

My sister mentioned a game we played a few years ago and neither of us can remember the name and it's going to bother me until I find it. It was an app, rouguelike and offline, not mmorpg, and it had a style kind of like don't starve. Here are some random details
The first room of the dungeon was a merchant and every either 50th or 100th dungeon was a boss. There was no way to go back up a level once you went down. The only way to escape was to find an escape scroll in a pot. To bring things with you out of the dungeon they have to be gold or make them gold with an angel statue. There are secret rooms that can be found when a wall sparkles. Inside are two chests and stairs. Sometimes there were letters but I forget what they said.
It's not any of the pixel dungeon games although those seem to be the closest I can find. I don't expect for it to be found but that would be cool if it was

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2022, 8:25 am

"Doom", "Dungeons Deep", "Rogue", "Zork", . . . ?

Sigi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2022, 8:24 pm

harvest town?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2022, 9:33 pm

Hard to say, that sounds like a lot of Roguelikes, especially if it's a mobile app.

I was originally thinking maybe Legend of Dungeon, but I didn't play it long enough to be certain, and I don't think it was ever released on mobile: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2382 ... f_Dungeon/

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2022, 12:43 am

Try asking on reddit r/tipofmyjoystick