::drum roll: introducing "People's Conquest"

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2023, 8:09 pm

Hello all, I am going to release my game "People's Conquest," as soon as I get updated user interface buttons for the intro screen.

Here is a link that shows the game in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS2BOXfiaEw

It is a turn based strategy game inspired by the 1980s game "Strategic Conquest." I wanted a simple to learn yet highly replayable strategy game for iOS.

The video shows the AI (the AI is the black units) kicking my behind a little bit.

My plan is to make a series of updated retro games for iOS under the "People's ____" naming convention. My LLC is called "People's Republic of Games," so thats why I am doing that. Each game would be in the $5-$8 target. The game is made from a strategy game engine I made that took about 6 years of part time work.

I wish I could say making it has been fun, but that would be a lie. I am not joking or exaggerating - I developed a weird mental health issue from making this game. I cannot load any game from a save and play it any more. Not my game, its other games. It came about around the time I was implementing saving and loading in mine and I saw the internals of saving and loading.

To load a game from a save, it has to be loaded in the exact order that it is saved in. I had so many issues with that while developing this and it has left a little mark on my mental health. Every time I load a game from a save, lets say its RimWorld, I don't feel its the same game. Its like if I cannot prove it myself, I cannot trust it.

I did the programming for this game, and the art is done by a guy that left Russia to avoid being drafted. He is my hero and my hope is to make enough money on iOS to bring him to the US!