Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 7:01 pm

Okay, so I have been a just a teensy bit obsessed with the bear animal since playing this video game as a kid.

I remember defeating the mumbo jumbo character and he would just speak nonsensical gibberish and he had an unmasked skull as a head?

I think I was about 11 when I first played this game.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 8:35 am

I have been a big fan since I was a kid too. A while back I beat the first game and some time later beat the second game again, which was a little interesting as I don't think I actually aimed for being a completionist with the games back when. I actually started playing Banjo Kazooie again just recently, to be able to do a completionist run, having done the first few levels already, although I decided to come back to the crocodile minigame after I have the running shoes.

For defeating Mumbo Jumbo, reminds me of the first time fighting Mingy Jongo, my reaction to Banjo's line of liking surprises before the fake Mumbo attacked.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2022, 11:01 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I have been a big fan since I was a kid too. A while back I beat the first game and some time later beat the second game again, which was a little interesting as I don't think I actually aimed for being a completionist with the games back when. I actually started playing Banjo Kazooie again just recently, to be able to do a completionist run, having done the first few levels already, although I decided to come back to the crocodile minigame after I have the running shoes.

For defeating Mumbo Jumbo, reminds me of the first time fighting Mingy Jongo, my reaction to Banjo's line of liking surprises before the fake Mumbo attacked.

It is a delightful, dreamy video game. :heart: :skull:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 3:35 pm

I was playing it a little bit last year...I bought the Rare collection for XBone...it's not exactly the same as playing it on the N64 (and not as convenient for me), but having that smooth framerate is really, really nice.

Right now I'm playing Donkey Kong 64, though. We never had Banjo growing up...we had the second game, but we barely played it.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 3:39 pm

I played the second game a lot as a kid, it was one of my favourites on the N64. Unfortunately, the box that had that + other games like Ocarina of Time got lost somehow and hasn't turned up for years. :( I'd love to eventually play it again.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 3:46 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Unfortunately, the box that had that + other games like Ocarina of Time got lost somehow and hasn't turned up for years. :( I'd love to eventually play it again.

Do you still have your N64?
You could always get an EverDrive or something. I would save up my money all year and get one on Black Friday sale...but now I've got all the ones I need.
Or, like I said, they have it on XBox 360 and XBone...and it'll probably come to Switch's Online service at some point, I think they only have the first game right now.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2022, 5:12 pm

I vividly recall that if you lost this game, the villain would use some kind of spell to turn your sister into a hag, and herself into what was clearly some sort of Shrek version of Posh Spice, lol.