Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

EdWalker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2022, 8:46 pm

EdWalker wrote:
Sekiro and Onmyoji ! :D

Looking for where to download Premium Apps and Mod Games? Search "techzapk.com" on Google and enjoy! All is free! :D

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 3:23 pm

The startup music from Sonic the Hedgehog still makes my heart soar. I never owned a mega drive, we couldn't afford one but from the minute I saw Sonic I was amazed (i'd been playing games on my 8-bit micro). It looked like the future.

I inherited a little bit of money from a relative in my teens and I bought a 486 PC. From then on it was all about Doom. I used to make my own levels. The first few Command and Conquer games were a big deal for me too.

I didn't play games in my 20s much. Bit of Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

Minecraft was pretty important to me for a while as I played on a public server and it fulfilled a social need in my 30s.

Since lockdown I've played Zelda Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild. I love all three, but BotW is the clear winner. I feel sorry for the Zelda fans that can't get into it. I can't stand the wait for the next game, it's been interminable.

thekenoh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2022, 9:50 pm

The Dragon Quest series is my favorite, I used to do speed runs of some of them. Other than that, I like FFXIV and other jrpgs, and music games like beatmania/DDR

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2022, 6:42 pm

Guess I'd have to say Skyrim. I keep going back to it no matter how many times I decide I'm done with it and breaking it with way too many mods.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 10:24 am

thekenoh wrote:
The Dragon Quest series is my favorite, I used to do speed runs of some of them.

Dragon Quest speedrun sounds excruciating @_@
Do you use any glitches or anything?

I'm playing DQ5 right now, first time. Coincidentally, it just had a birthday the same day I started.

thekenoh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Oct 2022, 3:48 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Do you use any glitches or anything?

It depends on the game, as well as which region/version. Western runs of English versions often being much more welcoming of using glitches, and prefer whatever is fastest unless there's a huge gulf between results (a 15 minute run vs a 4 hour run of the same game due to game breaking bugs, for example).

JP rules will prefer not to use bugs but will allow them when they're strategically interesting, or help remove unnecessary tedium from the run from what I observe. This style is my preference, and I have a personal preference for versions of DQ1&2 that have no identical release in English to play, the SNES versions.

Also related to this preference is the allowed use of turbo controllers on JP versions. I run DQ games to test fast decision making with known unknowns, not my ability to develop RSI mashing through hours of a menu driven game. Western rules are historically unfriendly to turbo, though I think that's turning around. I'm not totally sure since I've been in a cave for a while lmao :skull:

Anyway that was a tangent, tldr no I usually don't use bugs haha

DQ5 is an awesome game, I hope you enjoy it! Definitely one of the better stories in the series imo. Have fun!

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2022, 10:48 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
The Legend of Zelda. :lol:

You're the hero, after all 8)

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2022, 10:55 pm

I'm sorry I can't just pick one or 2 so I'll pick one per category:
RPG: pokemon!! And kingdom hearts series
Open world: assassins creed oddessy
Arcade: streetfighter2 and cuphead
Biggest collected game series: tomb raider
Easy casual: stardew valley and Lego series

There are so many good good games I didn't mention like Zelda, super Mario....but those are the games I play mostly

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 9:51 pm

thekenoh wrote:
DQ5 is an awesome game, I hope you enjoy it! Definitely one of the better stories in the series imo. Have fun!

Yes, I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I started on the DS, but decided to go with the original SFC version, with the translation that Byuu worked on (RIP). Kind of interesting to see what they did with the SNES hardware after four titles on the 8-bit.

I grew up with #3, best friend would bring it over constantly that summer, then I purchased the first game at some point in the 90s (not sure if I still have it)...bought all of the GBC games (and the first Monsters), devoured those numerous times...

I have all the mainline games on DS and 3DS, including the Japanese version of XI (also have the original Steam release of XI), but haven't played too many of them yet.
Still working on IX. I was doing the game on solo challenge for some reason, but then when I got to the post-credits quest, I kind of gave up on that...Leviathan was just too much to do alone.
Multiplayer was a heck of a lot of fun.

Finished IV on DS a few years ago. Got about halfway through the NES version, and might go back to that save file some time.

thekenoh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2022, 11:27 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I grew up with #3, best friend would bring it over constantly that summer, then I purchased the first game at some point in the 90s (not sure if I still have it)...bought all of the GBC games (and the first Monsters), devoured those numerous times...

You reminded me of when I would just go to my friend's house and play through DQ2 there hahah. That was fun :)

I need to actually finish DQXI, I've started it a couple times and for various reasons haven't finished. I really enjoyed what I played already. IV is just generally fun and varied with all the different chapters and character focuses in each one. IX was also fun, and I remember going to GameStop for maps, and tagging people at anime cons. Fun games and times :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 1:05 pm

thekenoh wrote:
IX was also fun, and I remember going to GameStop for maps, and tagging people at anime cons. Fun games and times :)

I missed out on that one...I think I only have five tags. And when we first played through it multiplayer, I didn't own the game yet, so that old save file is locked away on a flash cart =/
That feature was definitely ahead of its time, and would've been a lot better on the 3DS. I'm sure, like StreetPass, it was a lot more successful in Japan.

A couple years later, Big Lots had a TON of copies of the game for $12 each (IIRC?), so all of my friends got copies for Christmas =) And I still have one extra left.

The Mauve Factor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2022, 9:53 am

Not sure if I posted in this thread yet, but I'm thinking Factorio is pretty much the ultimate game for me. I've only sunken a few hundred hours into it over the past few years, but it's got some layers in the form of optimization, modding and updates that keep it really balanced. I could see it being the only thing I play again for a long while.

RenegadeWanderer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2022, 10:13 pm

Oh man! I've been asked this question by many people before, but I've played so many video games it's hard to just pick one favorite game. I've decided to make a list of my top favorite video games in alphabetical order:

Aladdin on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive:
This was one of the first games I laid my eyes on when I was really young and watched my Dad play. It's a great 2d platformer and really captures the charm of the film, thanks to some of the Disney Animators who worked on the artwork of the game and made it look great on the 16-bit console. Plus Tommy Tallarico the music composer made great use of the sound chip, and recreated the movie's film score into proper FM Synthesis music that sounds great to this day.

Deus Ex Game Of The Year Edition:
The graphics might be primitive and some of the gameplay mechanics feel kind of clunky by today's standards, but the story, atmosphere, and soundtrack really make up for all those faults. Definitely a top favorite.

F-Zero Gx:
Amazing graphics for 2003, fast, intense, and in your face gameplay! Plus the game has an awesome soundtrack, and plenty of courses that give you the sensation of being at an amusement park. Nintendo and Sega may have been rivals before, but when they work together and give it their all, they can create something amazing and exhilarating!

Guitar Hero Games:
Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero World Tour. I included both these games since I had a lot of fun with both of them during my high school years, and I like the song list in both these games.

Half-Life series as well as most other Valve games
I still dream of Half-Life 3...

Mario Games:
Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, and the Mario Kart games

Metroid Games:
Metroid Fusion(I played this one so many times on my GBA), Metroid Prime Series, Metroid Dread

Rez Infinite:
This game is mesmerizing and hard to put into words. Best if you watch a YouTube video of it with high quality headphones.

Sonic the Hedgehog games:
Sonic the Hedgehog 1, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Advance, and Sonic Mania. I was a Sonic The Hedgehog nerd back then, I still am somewhat.

The Legend Of Zelda Games:
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword(I know fans are divided on this one, but I enjoyed it for what it was)

The Witcher games:
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is great in terms of story and music, but the gameplay feels unbalanced in some places IMO.

The World Ends with You:
I played this on the Nintendo DS years ago, and enjoyed the game for the graphics, soundtrack, and gameplay. Plus I really liked the main character of the game, Neku Sakuraba. I am gonna have to try out the switch version as well as play the sequel Neo: The World Ends with You when I can.