Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2022, 4:41 pm

Does anyone like Tamagotchi?

What version(s) do you have, and what are your favourite characters?

I recently got one of those rereleases of the original Tamagotchi. I'm trying to eventually get a Pochitchi, and so far I have a 4 y.o. Tongaritchi.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 10:56 pm

I recently got a Tamogotchi of Gudetama. Gudetama is a character from Saniro, the same company in Japan that made characters such as Hello Kitty and Kerropi, and he's really great. His name means "lazy egg", and he's basically an anthropomorphic egg who is just done with life, and usually just lays around saying "meh" and stuff. Anyway in the game you have to feed him and play with him, and keep chopsticks from picking up. If you neglect him or when he gets old, he gets taken away by the chopsticks, put in a microwave, and then turns into an egg dish. The type of dish he turns into is based on how you care for him. You feed him mayo when he's a baby and soy sauce when he's an adult, and you can give him tomatoes for snacks, although he really just plays with them instead of eating them.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:13 pm

My brother and I had Digimon back in the day, but after a while I kind of lost interest, and just kept it alive so I could have a neat pocket watch =)

My brother also had some kind of "alien" copycat thing.

I've played the Game Boy Tamagotchi games a little bit, one of these days I wouldn't mind sitting down with it long enough to try to raise something (I think only the first game came out in English?).

I've also got that pedometer thing that came with the remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver (Pokéwalker I think?). I know it's not Tamagotchi, but it was a lot of fun to bring to the anime convention, before the craze died out.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 9:33 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
My brother and I had Digimon back in the day, but after a while I kind of lost interest, and just kept it alive so I could have a neat pocket watch =)

My brother also had some kind of "alien" copycat thing.

I've played the Game Boy Tamagotchi games a little bit, one of these days I wouldn't mind sitting down with it long enough to try to raise something (I think only the first game came out in English?).

I've also got that pedometer thing that came with the remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver (Pokéwalker I think?). I know it's not Tamagotchi, but it was a lot of fun to bring to the anime convention, before the craze died out.

The Gameboy games are what introduced me to Tamagotchi, and I want to play the one I played as a kid so bad again...

I also want to try out a Digimon. I've never used one before and I want to see what they're like.

D0rf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2022, 10:55 pm

i played with one of those reprints of the og digimon they did for a month but gave up on it because it didnt mesh with my rapidly changing sleep schedule, i just got a digimon vital bracelet which is a tamagotchi/fitbit that is fed by your physical activity. that one is nice because you can just turn it off if you know you wont be able to keep up with it for a very minor penalty.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2022, 10:26 pm

I had the original one when I was a kid, and that thing made me depressed constantly having to worry about feeding it and keeping it alive. I hated it, worst toy I ever had. :x

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 7:50 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I also want to try out a Digimon. I've never used one before and I want to see what they're like.

They're pretty similar to Tamagotchi, except you can connect them with your friends and play a little game of ro-sham-bo =S

I was looking not too long ago, and the reprint anniversary editions are pretty cheap.

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2022, 12:02 pm

I had a Tamagotchi (or Tamagotchi clone) once, it was a dinosaur, and you could get different dinosaurs out of the egg you got. I usually got a brontosaurus or stegosaurus

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

lols4984
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2022, 2:04 pm

I have a Tamagotchi ON and I absolutely love it, runs out battery sO fast but good fun