Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 10:47 am

Also here's a youtube video I found that tries to explain who Kartherine was. Basically in the main storyline she was merely a plot device, the innocent victim of Raccoon City's corrupt leaders like her father the Mayor and the Police Chief. Designed to give Claire Redfield a hint at just what kind of psychopath she was dealing with when she first meets Chief Irons.

But The Ghost Survivors shed a little more light on her character development by revealing that she was in a relationship with the reporter Ben who was locked up in a jail cell.

https://youtu.be/pxFhywYGZdc

Honestly I like her mini game subplot so much because I'm a sucker for stories about truly vulnerable women made stronger by circumstances who fight back against the odds in a horror situation. And she kinda reminds me of a cross between Barbara in Night of the Living Dead and Mary Henry in Carnival of Souls. Call me a feminist I dont care. :P :lol: :oops:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 5:56 pm

Resident Evil 2 remake is super addictive

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 6:04 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Agreed! :D I like the Resident Evil 3 remake too even though it feels like they cut out so many things that made the original so great like the Clock Tower and The Mercenaries mini game.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 6:05 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Call me crazy but Katherine Warren, the daughter of Raccoon City's mayor who was brutally murdered by the Chief of Police in Resident Evil 2, became my favorite character next to Ada Wong after playing her level in the free mini game Ghost Survivors where she survives her encounter with Chief Irons and braves the zombie infested streets of Raccoon City to rescue her boyfriend Ben. It was really cool. 8)

https://youtu.be/zPJFhIVdRDI

I quite liked Ada Wong. I don't recall this character, however. I guess she is exclusive to the free mini game you mention?

Yeah Ada Wong is my favorite character in every game she appears in. 8)

And I don't know if you ever played the original or remake of Resident Evil 2 but this character was the daughter of Raccoon City's mayor. When you play tue game as Claire Redfield you find her dead in the police chief's office laid out on a table and from reading his journal you learn that he had a creepy obsession with her and after murdering her he planned to turn her into one of his stuffed animal trophies.

What made it tragic was that she trusted him to keep her safe during the outbreak in Raccoon City because he was a good friene of her father, and she never had any idea that her father was a corrupt politician who had secret dealings with Umbrella just like the police chief.

But I really like this mini game The Ghost Survivors because she survives by fighting back and gets a happy ending where she escapes with the reporter Ben. :D

The Ghost Survivors is really cool because it changes the fate of four minor characters who tragically died in Raccoon City by giving them a second chance to escape the city. You get to play as the mayor's daughter, the gun shop owner, one of the Umbrella soldiers who was killed on the mission, and the sheriff who was killed trying to arrest a zombie at the start of the game.

https://youtu.be/TQRduhuKCZg

I did play Resident Evil 2 remake! Must have missed this character, it was a while ago now & I have slept since. :o :D

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 6:06 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Agreed! :D I like the Resident Evil 3 remake too even though it feels like they cut out so many things that made the original so great like the Clock Tower and The Mercenaries mini game.

Resident Evil 3 remake was super short also, compared to the play time in the first two games, I found.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 6:17 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Resident Evil 3 remake was super short also, compared to the play time in the first two games, I found.

Unfortunately it was a very short game i admit. But I think it still had some cool moments. 8) I liked the additional subplots they added where Jill was actually trying to evacuate some of the civilians of Raccoon City and when she was trying to recreate a sample of the same antivirus Carlos gave her to try and save the city.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 6:22 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:

I did play Resident Evil 2 remake! Must have missed this character, it was a while ago now & I have slept since. :o :D

When playing as her I think to myself: "The Adventures of Ordinary Girl!" :lol:

She kinda makes me think of Ashley Graham from RE4, if Ashley had a gun. :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 7:21 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Oh, I wasn't too keen on Ashley. She seemed slightly annoying. :P

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 7:31 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I agree lol but it was cool that Ashley was voiced by the same voice actress who did the character Sandy Cheeks from Spongebob Squarepants. 8)

Also Ashley was the daughter of the US president, Katherine was the daughter of the mayor of Raccoon City.

Both were politicians' daughters. :P

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 7:36 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

I agree lol but it was cool that Ashley was voiced by the same voice actress who did the character Sandy Cheeks from Spongebob Squarepants. 8)

Also Ashley was the daughter of the US president, Katherine was the daughter of the mayor of Raccoon City.

You seem very knowledgeable about Resident Evil & the characters. The thing I most like about it is the style of play & the fact that you can have a lot of fun with getting some of the achievements for the games. I'm currently playing solo RAID mode on Resident Evil Revelations (the first installment). :)

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 7:53 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

You seem very knowledgeable about Resident Evil & the characters. The thing I most like about it is the style of play & the fact that you can have a lot of fun with getting some of the achievements for the games. I'm currently playing solo RAID mode on Resident Evil Revelations (the first installment). :)

Thank you. :)

I guess i do know a lot about the old games. Haven't really kept up with the new games that came out since Resident Evil 6 though, except for the remakes of RE2 and RE3 which were awesome. Im glad i gave them a chance. :D

Another character I liked was Excella Gionne in Resident Evil 5. I mean... i kinda hated her too, but she was so much fun to play as in The Mercenaries mini game. b***h slapping those Majini was fun. 8)

https://youtu.be/Fe4g3wAm8xk

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 8:16 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Thank you. :)

I guess i do know a lot about the old games. Haven't really kept up with the new games that came out since Resident Evil 6 though, except for the remakes of RE2 and RE3 which were awesome. Im glad i gave them a chance. :D

Another character I liked was Excella Gionne in Resident Evil 5. I mean... i kinda hated her too, but she was so much fun to play as in The Mercenaries mini game. b***h slapping those Majini was fun. 8)

https://youtu.be/Fe4g3wAm8xk

I remember Excella. She was very memorable! A love-to-hate kind of villain. :skull:

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 8:24 pm

I agree very much so! :mrgreen:

Carlos was another one of my favorite characters. All dah foxyee ladyees luuuve his accent. 8)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2022, 8:29 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I agree very much so! :mrgreen:

Carlos was another one of my favorite characters. All dah foxyee ladyees luuuve his accent. 8)

Haha. 8)

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 8:53 am

Speaking of Miss Excella Gionne... :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/c9u72OyQQPA

Something about her reminds me of the Bond Girl villain Xenia Onatopp. :P

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 9:29 pm

That video you posted shows just how meaty the punches/kicks were in Resident Evil 5 - something missing from the 'Revelations' games.

They have a satisfying thwack about them.