Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:10 pm

My dad complained a while back that you can't make jokes about "fat people" anymore. :roll:

enz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:27 pm

I would of liked the torture scene in gta 5 to be optional

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:31 pm

enz wrote:
I would of liked the torture scene in gta 5 to be optional

Yeah, if I was playing and saw something like that, I would have nightmares. They should make scenes like that optional and easily skippable IMO

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 11:29 am

Voices of reason imo.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2022, 7:05 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
Voices of reason imo.

It'sagundam always has the best takes :lol:

I concur, I imagine instead of a wanted level it will have a 'trigger warning' that you can only get rid of by speaking to a manager.

AnomalousAspergian
Raven
Raven

03 Aug 2022, 6:04 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
My dad complained a while back that you can't make jokes about "fat people" anymore. :roll:

Oh dear lord! No more jokes about fat people?! Truly a sad day for freedom of speech indeed when bulling dressed up in (tasteless) "banter" is no longer accepted within the new social standards society. :lol:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 1:12 am

No more Brucie?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 7:11 am

The new Saints Row has fans angered that Rim Jobs has been changed to Jim Rob's. So it seems that woke culture leads to people too afraid to offend anyone with a sex pun. Does this mean other sex jokes are off the table? For games rated M for mature, they're certainly looking a lot more PG.

I fear GTA 6's final product even more.

Who are these updated games even for?
Woke people are not gonna play these games that's for sure. If they didn't read Marvel's woke comics back in the day, they're not gonna play a woke Saint's Row nor GTA. They're either just satisfied that the culture has changed that they need not look into it or maybe they are looking into it, but they're still a very small audience to cater too.

But what do I know? I'm just a 30 year old Gen Y individual pushed into being outdated myself.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 8:13 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
The new Saints Row has fans angered that Rim Jobs has been changed to Jim Rob's. So it seems that woke culture leads to people too afraid to offend anyone with a sex pun. Does this mean other sex jokes are off the table? For games rated M for mature, they're certainly looking a lot more PG.

Woke people are not gonna play these games that's for sure. If they didn't read Marvel's woke comics back in the day, they're not gonna play a woke Saint's Row nor GTA. They're either just satisfied that the culture has changed that they need not look into it or maybe they are looking into it, but they're still a very small audience to cater too.

But what do I know? I'm just a 30 year old Gen Y individual pushed into being outdated myself.

I'm not sure every puritan or otherwise disagreeable change can be blamed on 't3h woke', no matter how hard one wishes to spin things that way.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 9:11 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

I'm not sure every puritan or otherwise disagreeable change can be blamed on 't3h woke', no matter how hard one wishes to spin things that way.

What else are we supposed to blame it on? The racy jokes are one thing, but the sex jokes? Come on!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 9:16 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

What else are we supposed to blame it on? The racy jokes are one thing, but the sex jokes? Come on!

I'd blame puritanism on puritanism, personally, but then again I don't share the hyperfixation with blaming everything that displeases me on wokeness.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 9:29 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

I'd blame puritanism on puritanism, personally, but then again I don't share the hyperfixation with blaming everything that displeases me on wokeness.

Still, Gen Z is the weakest generation I've seen. They're too afraid to get dirty without crying afterwards. And I do mean in more ways than one. And that's the kind of humor these people feel uncomfortable about. I won't apologize to them. They need to grow a pair and a better sense of humor.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 9:53 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Okay, honest question; can you at least acknowledge that wokeness is a thing that does have some negative effects?

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2022, 1:01 am

I hope it doesn't get changed too much. I'm probably desensitized to it, but I don't think there's much about GTA V that is too offensive, except maybe some of Trevor's behavior being very "over the top", but that's just his whole ass personality. Sure, you can totally have a funny game without disparaging others, but if I wanted a lighthearted game I'd play pokemon, lego, or animal crossing. (I like those franchises too, so I'm not throwing shade at folks who prefer those games or calling them "not real gamers")

I'm a big supporter of free speech and expression, so I think they should have the option to be as offensive as they want, but at the same time I understand and agree with the counterpoint that they voluntarily decided to scale it back, it's not like there were petitions or boycotts to force them to make the change. Still, it's partly just forced performative activism/progressivism like big corps sticking pride flags on their products in june to give themselves a pat on the back for "being on the right side of history" and to increase profits and then going back to not caring about LGBT+ folks the next day.

As with everything, the fan-base will vote with their wallets and it may end up going the same way as Battlefield V and 2042. Personally I won't be buying it but moreso because I'll probably still be too broke to afford a $60+ game as well as a next-gen console for a while.