Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:01 pm

Great game. Too bad it froze.

digitalb0y
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2008, 9:17 pm

It's a great game, I've had few problems with it crashing on my laptop.

Paladin_Cecil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:24 pm

I rented it for 360, but it froze when I tried to start a new game.

I was a female Imperial Bard. :lol:

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:25 pm

I'm thinking about getting the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the 360, but that's not until later.

We all deal with problems and strife, but it's how we deal with them that makes all the difference in the world.

"You are no accident!"
-Rick Warren

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:37 pm

I've had it on both PC and Xbox 360 and I'm currently playing through the Shivering Isles which is much better than the main quest. I'm a Warrior Nord with Alchemy and Restoration and the game is so much easier than when I was a thief or a mage.

digitalb0y
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2008, 9:40 pm

never been a female character in the game, but had an addon module that adds a female companion. I don't play many computer games, but I enjoyed playing Oblivion. So many races and skills to choose from, and the graphics are amazing.

Last edited by digitalb0y on 19 Feb 2008, 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Paladin_Cecil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:40 pm

If I could make a new save, I'd be a Wood Elf Archer.

Paladin_Cecil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 9:41 pm

digitalb0y wrote:
never been a female character in the game, but had an addon module that adds a female companion. I don't play many computer games, but I enjoyed playing Oblivion. So many races and skills to choose from, and the graphics are amazing.

The graphics are good on the PC version? Neat.

The 360 version is so realistic!

digitalb0y
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2008, 9:49 pm

My First character was a Warrior Nord and focused on the main quest go to about level 25 and beat the main quest. My Next (more kick ass) character is an Wood elf (Custom Made Class) called an Adventurer, A mix of an Night blade\thief with strength) It's level 49. I just started up a new game after not playing it for a few months with a custom race using the same Adventurer class that was created earlier.

The graphics are amazing at 1900x1200 res on the pc. There is even a mod with higher res-graphics addon, it;s a huge download.

I have never compared the two though.

lovebat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2008, 11:27 pm

Yeah, it was pretty sweet. I never actually finished the main quest though because I kept getting sidetracked.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 4:33 am

Don't the elder scrolls games have a history of being unstable on XBox. I seem to recall that Morrowind was unstable on Xbox too.

I played (and finished) it on the PC. A much more stable platform (unless you happen to have vista).

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 3:24 pm

I own this for PS3. This is probably the only RPG I've really got into. My character is a wood elf bard, born under the sign of the thief. I did create another character before, but got stuck on the weynon priory quest where you have to ride to cloud ruler temple, I couldn't find Martin or Jauffre anywhere.

Right now my character is level 5, and is in the thieves guild. This game is so huge, I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Here's a tip I've heard from another forum: don't do the main quest straight away, do nearly everything else first.

PaperCrusade
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2008, 6:24 am

I think I've cracked well over a hundred hours on the game and still haven't finished the main quest (I prefer missioning off into the wilds and exploring for side quests). My character is above level 40, custom Arcane Knight class (heavy armour, magic and alchemy). I honestly cannot get bored of this game.

Can't wait for Fallout 3 though. November can't come soon enough....

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 6:38 pm

gbollard wrote:
Don't the elder scrolls games have a history of being unstable on XBox. I seem to recall that Morrowind was unstable on Xbox too.

I played (and finished) it on the PC. A much more stable platform (unless you happen to have vista).

what do mean by unstable?
Am have morrowind on the original xbox and never had one problem with it.

Thinking of getting Oblivion [for 360] tomorrow but there seems to be loads of reviews saying it's rubbish,and loads saying its great.
Is it better than Morrowind?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 11:20 pm

There was an issue with having to destroy objects to free up memory space or something. I can't find the issue listings now, all I see are positive reviews, so maybe they fixed it.

nomad21
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2008, 12:29 am

What I loved about oblivion was all the mods the PC version had. It really extended the gameplay for me.