Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

SkittlesMcBingBing
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2010, 2:28 pm

I love Team Fortress 2. Great game. 280+ total hours.

Though I'm taking a break now to catch up on other games. I'll probably jump back in with the Engineer update.

I believe I am cousin.

Amadeus
Raven
Raven

08 May 2010, 4:09 pm

I can't wait for the Engie update.

Video is no way linked to the update, but funny as hell I thought.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNnftq744I[/youtube]

SkittlesMcBingBing
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2010, 3:38 pm

I ended up playing last night anyway, working on some Engineer tactics.

I find a lot of success placing sentry guns so that they cover not the control point, but the area left or right of the control point. A sentry gun that covers the point directly is a prime target for the enemy, who'll do all they can to uber it down--and often the rest of your team--before capturing. However, a sentry to the side of the point--while unable to fire on a capping team--scores big time assists when your team rushes in to shuffle them off the point and into the bullets of your sentry. And if a capping team ubers, their capture progress halts, and they need to move off the point to attack your sentry gun. :)

Works well on KOTH Yukon, and several of the points of Steel, which each have teensy crevices the enemy is safe from your sentry in, but cornered dogs for your team.

I believe I am cousin.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 5:55 pm

When i play engineer (which i do very rarely nowadays. I used to set up a sentry on 2fort and go afk :lol:) i either go über defensive, or über aggresive. Having a hidden sentry behind the enemy lines FTW. Even a silly level 1 sentry can rack up some kills :D

BTW. anyone here playing in ETF2L? I doubt it but who knows...

Amadeus
Raven
Raven

11 May 2010, 3:58 am

kra17 wrote:
When i play engineer (which i do very rarely nowadays. I used to set up a sentry on 2fort and go afk :lol:) i either go über defensive, or über aggresive. Having a hidden sentry behind the enemy lines FTW. Even a silly level 1 sentry can rack up some kills :D

BTW. anyone here playing in ETF2L? I doubt it but who knows...

Unfortunately not, but I wouldn’t say no if offered the chance. Why, are you Kra?

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 9:18 am

Amadeus wrote:
Why, are you Kra?

Yeah, we got our asses handed to us this season.. 10 losses and 2 wins :cry: :lol:

SkittlesMcBingBing
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 May 2010, 10:29 am

I heard stories about how, then the game was new, many players thought Sentry guns were ridiculously overpowered, and players spent a couple of weeks learning the ins-and-outs of Sentry weakpoints and how to take them down without an uber, or how to maximize the effectiveness of said uber.

It wasn't uncommon to get 20+ kills with one sentry gun. The first gun I ever built got me the "Sentry Gunner" achievement with 12 kills, and I thought "whoah, being an engineer is a cinch!" Nowadays you're lucky to get 5 kills, and it's more about flanking the enemy and surprising them than anything.

I believe I am cousin.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2010, 3:49 pm

Ahh, i recently (today) found Freeze tag.. Instead of dying you get freezed/stunned.. And to revive you your teammates have to stand near you (Like capturing points). Very entertaining, but annoying when your "mates" (;)) dont get what to do.
Only 1 server with it in europe, and that one sucks. :(

Kyiro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2010, 5:36 pm

I have TF 2 on my Steam account, I'll have to redownload it...and actually..*clicks resume download* There, I'll have it in an hour or two. I didn't like playing too much before because the internet is just full of...people I'd rather not deal with, but I'd love to play a game with other aspies like me! I tend to stick to medic since I'm not that great with a gun.

Free-Hinter-System
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2010, 5:19 am

TF2 - my current favourite game.

Wofl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jul 2010, 8:11 am

Loved it when it came with the Orange Box but slowly stopped playing when I switched to Mac. I used BootCamp and Crossover but both were just too muc hassle. Now however I am back and kicking assss! *gigglebounce*

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 11:09 am

Now I play tf2 on and off sparingly because the stalemates in this one server is horrible. 2fort - No insta spawn (this way preferred, spawn camping is allowed) and intel cap at 4. Stalemates reaching up to 4 Hours +. Basically it becomes Turtle Fortress. Btw, Anyone here get the GOLDEN WRENCH?

RedTatsu

19 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

I've recently started playing, but I can't figure out how to actually join a server with people on it. Whenever I join a server, no one is there. Does anyone know what's going on? It's not much fun to play against bots.

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2010, 5:52 pm

RedTatsu wrote:
I've recently started playing, but I can't figure out how to actually join a server with people on it. Whenever I join a server, no one is there. Does anyone know what's going on? It's not much fun to play against bots.

There's a lot of servers out there that will advertise it's a full room when in fact it's not. Whenever that happens just black list it. Here's a small list of groups that you can search for:

Free Frag Network
FuG
No Heroes TF2

those are the groups I'm currently in. They give you a list of IP address you can copy/paste in your favorites tab.

Good luck.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 8:49 pm

RedTatsu wrote:

Right click on server > View server info
If there are no names, or if it says "Server is not responding, it's fake.