Anyone a fan of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2008, 5:07 pm

chrismjoyce wrote:
I am , i train loads pokemon through the EV process. I am against the whole hacking thing, looking for other fans out there

My sister gave me her pokemon diamond game, and I beat the elite four in weeks. I actually did not start using the Action replay until after I beat the elite four, and I actually am all for hacking in moderation because you need the AR to catch Arceus and Shaymin. Of course, I avoid all the codes that give your Pokemon 999 in every stat. I know how to cheat in moderation.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:02 am

Yeah I got the game. Got mine from a shop which imorted them from america so I got for like a week before it was released in Australia. I have had a obsescion whithcreating a well balenced team but I am against using legendarys. my team is Weavile, Houndoom, Amphorous, Salamence, Gliscor and Octilerie. I have a Zangoose but my Weavile is just about a better verssion. I trained all of these from a baby once I reached the new island, and I am checking that area withem all between the levels 50-52 and they are keeping up with higher pokemon. my lvl 50 Octilery beat a trainers lvl 60 Gyarados. Though I do prefer night pokemon.

trgd__15
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2008, 10:30 am

I bought Pokemon Diamond a few months ago and beat the Elite 4 in less then one day. I've now EV trained my whole team to level 100. I don't have an Action Replay and I'm against cheating but I traded for Pokemon like Darkrai (before the event), Shaymin and Arceus just to get their Pokedex entries because they never release the event Pokemon here in Canada. I've always been obsessed with Pokemon since the first generation games, the only games I like more is Sonic the Hedgehog.

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2008, 12:12 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Yeah I got the game. Got mine from a shop which imorted them from america so I got for like a week before it was released in Australia. I have had a obsescion whithcreating a well balenced team but I am against using legendarys. my team is Weavile, Houndoom, Amphorous, Salamence, Gliscor and Octilerie. I have a Zangoose but my Weavile is just about a better verssion. I trained all of these from a baby once I reached the new island, and I am checking that area withem all between the levels 50-52 and they are keeping up with higher pokemon. my lvl 50 Octilery beat a trainers lvl 60 Gyarados. Though I do prefer night pokemon.

Yeah, legendaries are cheap, I agree. But unfortunately, a lot of my favorite Pokemon from the first, third, and fourth generations are legendaries. Here are my favorites from each generation:

1st gen:

Hitmonchan
MEWTWO
Nidoking
Blastoise
Venusaur
Gengar
Alakazam
Raticate
Vileplume
Tentacruel
Golem

3rd Gen:

Loudred
Exploud
RAYQUAZA
DEOXYS
LATIOS
Absol
REGISTEEL
Swampert
Sceptile
Aggron
Sableye
Breloom
Gardevoir
Ninjask
Shedinja
Crawdaunt
Metagross

4th gen:

Torterra
Infernape
Rampardos
Gastrodon
Drifblim
Skuntank
Garchomp
Weavile
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Gallade
Dusknoir
Rotom
UXIE
AZELF
DIALGA
HEATRAN
GIRATINA
DARKRAI
ARCEUS

trgd__15
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2008, 1:27 pm

Stereokid wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

Yeah, legendaries are cheap, I agree. But unfortunately, a lot of my favorite Pokemon from the first, third, and fourth generations are legendaries. Here are my favorites from each generation:

1st gen:

Hitmonchan
MEWTWO
Nidoking
Blastoise
Venusaur
Gengar
Alakazam
Raticate
Vileplume
Tentacruel
Golem

3rd Gen:

Loudred
Exploud
RAYQUAZA
DEOXYS
LATIOS
Absol
REGISTEEL
Swampert
Sceptile
Aggron
Sableye
Breloom
Gardevoir
Ninjask
Shedinja
Crawdaunt
Metagross

4th gen:

Torterra
Infernape
Rampardos
Gastrodon
Drifblim
Skuntank
Garchomp
Weavile
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Gallade
Dusknoir
Rotom
UXIE
AZELF
DIALGA
HEATRAN
GIRATINA
DARKRAI
ARCEUS

Not all of the legendaries that you like are considered cheap. The ones that are banned from normal battles are Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latias, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Giritina, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Palkia, Arceus and Dialga. It's mainly the legendary trio's from each generation that aren't banned because they don't create and imbalance in the game, there's Pokemon of the same type of them that can be just as good if not better. And Dragonite's, Tyranitar's, Salamence's, Metagross' and Garchomp's overall base stats are higher than theirs. You can actually use Registeel, Uxie, Azelf and Heatran if you want to.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 10:53 pm

I prefer to create an original team, one which I would if I actualy lived in that world, I dont want it to be the fact I use legendaries that is why I win. my pokemon have alot of different attacks and that is what I use. for instance my Houndoom has simular atk and spatk, so I gave it flamethrower and fire fang, then also bite (crunch) and solarbeam. My best diverse pokemon is my Gliscor (gligars evolvsion), a flying ground type with high atk and def, so all its atks ar physical; night slash, x-scissor, poison jab and best of all earth quake. you know your team is succesfull when you can beat stronger pokemon. I learnt this in pokemon crystal when I had a Tyranitar that beat a lot of the pokemon in the game, but when I put it pokemon stadium 2 it was very weak. I will tell you an interesting thing in the game, there are these held items called power <blank> which while it is held lowers the spd but at lvl up will increase a specific stat, I have used it to increase the atk of my gliscor.

Smitch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2008, 9:29 pm

I've been playing these games since Red/Blue was released in english. I've got every cartridge of the main series (completed) except for Pearl. So yeah it's kinda one of my obsessions I cycle back to all the time...Heaven will not help anyone who bugs me while I am playing it... :twisted:

ihitterdal
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jul 2008, 5:05 pm

I'm the same as Smitch.

Except that I've played Pearl over 350 hours.

GNRfan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2008, 11:27 pm

I was once OBSESSED with pokeman, but now im really over it. I used EV train , breed and use egg moves and even did a few tournaments back in the day. My Kyorge and Manetric double battle combo was unbeatly! Manetric used lightningrod to draw harmful electric moves form Kyorge and Kyorge used drizzle to ensure manetrics thunder would alwasy hit , that's a perfect battle pair. I am also a big fan of the Endure-Reversal-Salac Berry combo ....

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2008, 11:38 am

trgd_15 wrote:
Yeah and there's 600 tiles you have to go through so you'd be better off trading someone for a Feebas / Milotic or you can get a Milotic from the GTS after you beat the champion Cynthia because she has one and it adds the data for it to your Pokedex. It's really worth the trouble though, Milotic is definitely one of the best water Pokemon.

Milotic is annoying! Every single one I face in battle revolution uses recover, which really gets on my nerves. Oh, and did I mention that all the Milotics I face in battle revolution also carry Confuse Ray? :x

trgd__15
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2008, 11:12 am

Stereokid wrote:
trgd_15 wrote:
Yeah and there's 600 tiles you have to go through so you'd be better off trading someone for a Feebas / Milotic or you can get a Milotic from the GTS after you beat the champion Cynthia because she has one and it adds the data for it to your Pokedex. It's really worth the trouble though, Milotic is definitely one of the best water Pokemon.

Milotic is annoying! Every single one I face in battle revolution uses recover, which really gets on my nerves. Oh, and did I mention that all the Milotics I face in battle revolution also carry Confuse Ray? :x

You should use Starmie. It will get the jump on the most popular bulky waters like Milotic almost every time thanks to Thunderbolt and Recover. It's ability Nature Cure helps a lot too because Milotic almost always has an annoying move like Confuse Ray, Toxic or Hypnosis.

QuantumToast
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Aug 2008, 8:27 am

Yeah, I've had Pearl for a while. Though I haven't played it so much since I ran out of things I could do to work on the pokedex - all I'm missing is Electivire (my brother's copy of FireRed is missing so I can't get an Electirizer or whatever it's called) and a bunch of 'hidden' legendaries like Mew.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 5:08 pm

I got Pokémon Diamond three weeks ago, and I love it (yeah, I'm 21 years old and I play Pokémon). But I can't play a lot because of my siblings. We share a NDS, and they are all day playing with it, I really need a personal NDS.

I'm a rookie, only won the Coal Badge, and my Piplup is Lvl 15.

I also have Pokémon Battle Revolution for Wii, and I wanna catch more pokémons on Diamond in order to begin with PBR.

Off-topic: Does someone know a way to connect my Wii to Internet without Wi-Fi? I know there is a device for Wii, the USB LAN adapter, how does it work?

kratos
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Aug 2008, 12:37 pm

I have pokemon Diamond and Pearl both. I've been looking for more people to battle. I've had so much time to train, but I don't know that many people with either who have WiFi from their house like I do(paid for a dongle to connect my DS wirelessly). If you want to battle, just send me a message asking me to battle and please include your friend code.