Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GizmoGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2008, 10:50 pm

Talk about you love,wants,games,homebrew,hacks,cheats,wallpapers,ect here!! :D

I'm looking for a free site to Download good psp games and themes....Im also thinking of getting my PSP homebrewed so i can play mario gamess and whatnot on it....anyone done this before??

They are also coming out with a really cool looking blue PSP next month with a NFL09 game...as well as the camera for PSP in sept! whoo hoo

~"S&M is an art. Doing it well requires more than a bag full of expensive whips and ropes, a closet full of fetish clothes, or a basement filled with bondage furniture." De Sade~

malithion2
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jul 2008, 11:38 pm

A sony supported Hard Drive maybe? A more robust on/off switch and.... Thats about it for me.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:04 am

i use the m33 mod. a friend installed it for me (don't have a pandora's battery). i love being able to pull up any old school nintendo or sega game i want. kinda wish the psp was more powerful to be able to handle the mode 7 graphics. f-zero goes so slow and pretty much anything else that takes advantage of mode 7 too much but a lot of other games play fine...just not donkey kong country, f-zero...and i think there's a couple others...i didn't throw up my whole snes rom collection onto it yet.

only have god of war, street fighter alpha 3, and gta vice city stories but i definitely find myself always going back to street fighter (it's a classic!). god of war and gta are both fun, though. god of war was kinda short. gta, of course, is massive.

probably gonna pick up mlb...baseball is a good portable game.

don't think i'd get football for a portable, though....i'd rather have a nice full tv screen for that (and beers).

i definitely wish there was a hard drive for it. i'd love for it to actually be more functional for multimedia use. i love putting movies on it but the movies take up too much space and i end up only being able to fit a couple on it (not to mention that i have to first convert it to mp4).

i forget the site where i got my psp themes (it's probably something basic like pspthemes.com) from but i got a wii theme, mega man, gta, and a couple originals that look nice.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 7:58 am

I prefer a handheld which actually has games on it worth playing, so I just stick to my Nintendo DS. 8)

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:19 pm

Psychlone wrote:
I prefer a handheld which actually has games on it worth playing, so I just stick to my Nintendo DS. 8)

dunno what you're talking about, there's a ton of fun games on the psp.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:41 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

Every time I ever hear anyone talk about the PSP it is usually about pirating Nintendo games to play on it. The poster who created this thread said she wanted to use it to play Mario games. Well, if she wants to play Mario games why didn't she just get the system which has mario games??

The PSP is just a tool used by pirates to pirate Nintendo games illegally.

Edit: In fact looking at your previous post, you yourself gloated about how you are ripping off Nintendo's games with this device!

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 12:46 pm

am always found deviant art/ deviantart.com to be great for psp wallpapers.

^to above post.
though piracy is a diferent thing,am dont think there's anything wrong with having different consoles games on another console,there is a big market for them,look at xbox live and the wiis online service.

malithion2,
am have heard that a hard drive for the psp is very possible,but they havent said whether it's going to be for current versions,whether it will be in a new version,or in a psp mkII.
read that on game central [think they heard it at E3].

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 1:10 pm

I ordered the port of the PSP game "Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters" to play on my PS3. It will probably arrive later today. This is the only R&C game I haven't played through yet since I don't have a PSP, but the PS2 port is really cheap at $16 new.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 1:24 pm

Psychlone wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

Every time I ever hear anyone talk about the PSP it is usually about pirating Nintendo games to play on it. The poster who created this thread said she wanted to use it to play Mario games. Well, if she wants to play Mario games why didn't she just get the system which has mario games??

The PSP is just a tool used by pirates to pirate Nintendo games illegally.

Edit: In fact looking at your previous post, you yourself gloated about how you are ripping off Nintendo's games with this device!

wasn't gloating. i was giving the OP information about how the mods work and how well it's able to perform on different games and was more noting that the psp can't handle mode 7.

and why only kvetch about the nintendo games? no word about the sega games? they're okay to pirate?

and i've owned most of the games i have on my psp or they're games that aren't available. some of them i'm planning on buying legitimately when they're available on the 360 or wii (like earthbound which i never had the opportunity to buy when it was originally out and isn't available to users right now in any format).

the psp has legit games too but because it's so easy to hack and mod, there's a huge upside beyond the intended purpose if you have the resources available. are you going to complain about how the xbox is so easily modded and that we should all be buying game cubes?

look, i grew up a nintendo fanboy...but when i looked at the games available for both, the psp was a no-brainer for me. it had the most legit games i wanted and also had the availability to be modded (which the ds can be modded too but i don't know anyone who can do it in my circle). i was originally planning on getting a DS but there weren't enough games that actually interested me and made me want to get it. crappy new castlevania games that don't play like castlevania, rpg's with gameplay formats that i'm not a big fan of (like the format used in the fire emblem series), and just games that don't look interesting to me at all (harvey birdman, trauma center).

psp has more ability than the ds and more games that i want to get; deal with it.

PsychonautChaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2008, 4:12 pm

I bought my psp so I could play those ps1- games I owned but my ps2 wouldn't boot, (because it had a broken cd-drive)

One thing I really like about it that's it is a pretty decent pdf-reader once you install the right software.

GizmoGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2008, 5:09 pm

that's the only game i wanted was mario hence why i got the PSP instead of the DS....i wasnt going to buy DS to play one game hahaha :D that's a BIG waste of money...at least i can play Mario with my PSP (once i get it homebrewed) and other sega games i liked as well as watch movies and music when i travel which i do at least 2 times a month...I also ordered the camera should be coming in about a month on back order..WHOO HOO a camera for PSP im so excited!! I can't wait for GPS system to come out to the states!! I'm also in the process of getting my Skype account up and running so i can make phone calls from my PSP......i heard rumors from PSPfanboy.com that they are coming out with a keyboard for the PSP to make it easier when using the internet on it rather then having to use the interface they have on it now which is ok once u get used to it.... 8) which is how im writing this from my PSP on the bus heading home...and hitting this bumps is making me sick so im going to end this LOL...

~"S&M is an art. Doing it well requires more than a bag full of expensive whips and ropes, a closet full of fetish clothes, or a basement filled with bondage furniture." De Sade~

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2008, 9:36 pm

PSP owners seem to think stealing is wrong. If you weren't able to pirate Nintendo games on it, then where would you be?

GizmoGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2008, 11:10 pm

i would be watching movies on my psp,taking pictures with the new camera im getting,hmmm playing the old school sega games on it or listening to my music on the long boring bus ride LOL :D was that a hypothetical question?? or did u want an answer? 8O

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 4:24 am

GizmoGirl wrote:
i would be watching movies on my psp,taking pictures with the new camera im getting,hmmm playing the old school sega games on it or listening to my music on the long boring bus ride LOL :D was that a hypothetical question?? or did u want an answer? 8O

In other words, you'd be doing everything on it except playing actual PSP games. If you only want to do those things then you should have gotten an Iphone or an Ipod instead or maybe a Blackberry. I guarantee when it comes to those functions a blackberry will blow the PSP right out of the water.

PsychonautChaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2008, 5:13 am

Well, personally even though i owned mine for almost half a year I never listened to music on it. I bought it mainly for a few games I really wanted to play - Dead Head Fred, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jean D'arc

GizmoGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2008, 9:42 am

Psychlone wrote:
GizmoGirl wrote:

In other words, you'd be doing everything on it except playing actual PSP games. If you only want to do those things then you should have gotten an Iphone or an Ipod instead or maybe a Blackberry. I guarantee when it comes to those functions a blackberry will blow the PSP right out of the water.

No i do play the PSP games that why i said play the old school sega games its a game called sega classics out on PSP it has all the old school sega games on it like sonic,streets of rage,mortal combat ect....i also own Daxtar which i think is cute even though its easy it is still fun as well as some others: midway treasures (has all the old acarde games from my era),popaton,locoroco,grand theft auto,sonic rivals,i have a few brain teasers and puzzles, MLB 08, neopets the petpet adventures,spongebob LOL..........I have a alot of games that i love most of them other people may not like mybe because they are little kid like but i love em hehe :D I got my PSP because of the games that I liked...I didnt just buy it overnight I did my own research for my own needs and what I liked with my own taste...some people love DS or love the ipod or love the PSP everyone has one game system or music system they like better then the other......me i love the PSP because i like more games on it then the DS the only game I liked from DS was Mario but why spend all that money for 1 game that liked....eh i love my PSP and my cute little curious george backround on it LOL.....

Anyone esle have a custom background on theirs?? :D