Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Paulos
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2008, 10:31 pm

Just curious if anyone's looking for an online pal to talk to about life and games? AIM even? My name on it is PaulostheSpy ... just lookin for people... tough time in my life right now... hum... hard life..

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 10:43 pm

Paulos wrote:
Just curious if anyone's looking for an online pal to talk to about life and games? AIM even? My name on it is PaulostheSpy ... just lookin for people... tough time in my life right now... hum... hard life..

Tell me about your life, Paulo. I happen to know a thing or two about tough times. 8)

Dude, that's an awesome site. Just looking at it ... so many fond memories. Video game nostalgia rules! :wink:

FleaCircus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Apr 2008, 11:29 pm

sure! I'm looking for an online pal myself, and i wouldn't mind chatting with another person who likes oldskool consoles too (I own a genesis & saturn)
if you like, you can pm me for my msn or yahoo.

your site is very interesting.

Paulos

06 Apr 2008, 1:09 am

Glad to meet you two, my life hasn't been easy due to binging alcohol for 2.9 years, and now medication changes/etc for the past 3 months but I've been surviving/suffering/etc... still try to stay true to my gaming however.

Le_Samourai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2008, 11:42 pm

If you would like, you can chat with me about gaming, or anything for that matter. I'm up for having a online friend.

Paulos

07 Apr 2008, 2:29 pm

Sure badash, send me an IM :)

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 5:10 pm

you have an MSN, OP?

add me

lee sci @ sbcglobal (dot) net.

POKEMONMASTER260
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Apr 2008, 5:19 pm

Look, just don't be online pals..............you never know who's really an Aspergers kid or who's really a predator.........thus, don't become pals with people that you don't know online..........seriously..........

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 9:56 pm

POKEMONMASTER260 wrote:
Look, just don't be online pals..............you never know who's really an Aspergers kid or who's really a predator.........thus, don't become pals with people that you don't know online..........seriously..........

I smell moral panic/scapegoating. This is the new Satanic Panic :P

but yeah be careful.

nomad21
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2008, 11:16 pm

POKEMONMASTER260 wrote:

Meh, as long as you don't go giving out your full name and personal info left and right you should be fine. It's good to be cautious, but being overly cautious can lead to problems.

Paulos

08 Apr 2008, 2:38 pm

Yeah, being cautious I sure know that, I learned that in 1997 the first day I started using a computer! :)

POKEMONMASTER260
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2008, 3:59 pm

nomad21 wrote:
POKEMONMASTER260 wrote:

Meh, as long as you don't go giving out your full name and personal info left and right you should be fine. It's good to be cautious, but being overly cautious can lead to problems.

Actually, I watched a video in school on how predator's find you by just searching your first name only......ofrgot how, but i remember watching it & thinking that it works. ('cause it does.)

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 6:53 pm

POKEMONMASTER260 wrote:

Actually, I watched a video in school on how predator's find you by just searching your first name only......ofrgot how, but i remember watching it & thinking that it works. ('cause it does.)[/quote]

gotta enjoy that :P

They probably knew your location and school and were able to narrow it down on a facebook search. But yeah you can google it sometimes and then searah and find a person's accounts.

Paulos

09 Apr 2008, 2:38 pm

The main problem is these stupid kids on Myspace who give away so much of their information, their interests, their address/phone number/names... it just gives predators an open book into their minds and lives.

chrismjoyce

10 Apr 2008, 5:39 am

Im usally looking for people too. Play wifi games or just chat my e-mail is [email protected]

Paulos

11 Apr 2008, 2:36 pm

La de dah.