Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Malaise
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2015, 9:59 am

Just curious. I picked up Hearthstone a few weeks ago, and have been considering MGTO even though I hear negative things about it. I was heavily into Pokemon and Digimon cards growing up.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 10:04 am

Yugioh (free online play only). But I started to get annoyed with it during the Dragon Ruler format. Later the Pendulum monster stuff was too gimmicky for me, so I quit.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 5:53 pm

I recently bought a metric ton of Force of Will.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 3:01 am

I used to play a lot of MTG in high school, but haven't really touched it since then.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 1:50 am

This thread's a little old, but hey...

... MtG is fun times. Can be hard on the pocketbook depending on how you go about it and what deck and format you play, but it doesn't have to be. If you want to talk about the game, I'm down. Got into it about a year ago and it's been fun times.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2015, 3:09 am

Hearthstone is nice enough. Fun and quick. But for me it cant beat Magic.

In my case though it has to be MTG:O, not the physical cards. There's NOBODY to play it with around my area, or.... well, ANY physical TCG really. I always call this place a "jock town" because that's what it is. Something like Magic is too cerebral, so it isnt even sold here (neither are freaking BOOKS, for that matter, unless you consider the damn Walmart to be a bookstore). Places like comic-book shops or anything even remotely resembling that sort of thing also dont exist here.

Ugh. But I'll stop there, before this becomes another angry rant.

Zebero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2015, 5:38 pm

I am more of a Pokemon, Magic, and Yugioh guy but i will also try some new TCGs if i get the opportunity to buy some of it.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 1:41 am

Misery wrote:
Hearthstone is nice enough. Fun and quick. But for me it cant beat Magic.

In my case though it has to be MTG:O, not the physical cards. There's NOBODY to play it with around my area, or.... well, ANY physical TCG really. I always call this place a "jock town" because that's what it is. Something like Magic is too cerebral, so it isnt even sold here (neither are freaking BOOKS, for that matter, unless you consider the damn Walmart to be a bookstore). Places like comic-book shops or anything even remotely resembling that sort of thing also dont exist here.

Ugh. But I'll stop there, before this becomes another angry rant.

That's got to suck. You should come here! (joking, don't pick up everything just to find a place where that stuff exists). Playing Magic face-to-face is much more enjoyable, IMO.

I'd look into untap.in over MTGO. It doesn't cost anything and I've heard the interface is easier (which isn't saying much, to my knowledge).

Zebero wrote:
I am more of a Pokemon, Magic, and Yugioh guy but i will also try some new TCGs if i get the opportunity to buy some of it.

What MtG formats do you play?

TheReptilianThesaurus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2015, 2:34 pm

I'm actually probably one of the few that has never played M:tG! I have a few of the starter sets from when my stepdad tried to get me into the game, but I've never had anyone to play the game with, unfortunately. I enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh because of the diversity it has with its decks, although I'm very behind on the rules introduced after synchros.

And I recently picked up Hearthstone, it's actually really fun, although the community grinds on me sometimes.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2015, 11:13 pm

Well I bought a box of the latest Force of Will packs today. The quality of their boosters has gone down significantly since they started having foils of common cards. You used to be practically guaranteed at least three Ruler cards which are rares in a box of 36 boosters. I only got two and what with all the common foils I was of the opinion the box was going to be a failure. Then the third to last booster was one of those special boosters that had contained all of the super rares for the set at the highest foil level. It's only the second time I've gotten one of those. That one booster saved the box from being a waste of money!

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 2:10 am

I like playing Pokemon TCG.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765