Video Game characters Suspected of being Aspies

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Local_Outcast
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2008, 5:42 pm

I have been frequently noticing some AS traits within video game characters. Does anyone know of any video game characters that might have Aspergers?

I believe that the following could have aspergers (Side note: do I capitalize the first letter?):

Ike (from the Fire Emblem series): Is often outspoken and blunt because of his lack of experience with political figures. Some articles also say he's "a boy of few words" and "naive".

Silver the Hedgehog (from the Sonic the Hedgehog series): According to an interview, he is said to be a bit naive and Blaze the Cat says that he gets insecure when he's by himself (not sure if this is also a symptom).

Sooooo, have any of you guys found a video game character that might have symptoms of Aspergers?

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 May 2008, 8:05 pm

Squall from Final Fantasy VIII.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 8:21 pm

they're not actually Autistic, they're just programmed that way...;)

It's possible the programmers are that way (I think they're well-represented in the field) though

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 11:13 pm

Dr. Kleiner from Half-Life 2 is definitely an Aspie.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 11:35 am

Squall was emo if anything. I don't think I've ever seen autism-like behavior in a video game character, but I don't play all that many video games. I think mostly though, autistics don't make very fun characters to play, so it wouldn't sell a game.