Final Fantasy X 26%  26%  [ 6 ]
Final Fantasy XI 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Final Fantasy XII 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 23

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 1:13 am

i'm writing an article on Final Fantasy and i want a general fan poll before i start. what's your favorite Final Fantasy game? your least favorite? why? please discuss (quick note, spin-off titles like Chocobo Tales or Dirge of Cerberus will not be included).

throwing in my two cents, i'm all about FFVI and FFIX. FFVI for the great gameplay and characters, FFIX for the charm and the wit.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 2:38 am

I have to confess that my favourite is Final Fantasy IX. I pretty much enjoyed every offline game from Final Fantasy VI onwards (and yes, that includes X-2).

On sabbatical...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 2:39 am

My least favourite has to be Final Fantasy II (the second game, not IV), because it's so damned boring. The first Final Fantasy game runs a very close second.

On sabbatical...

NarfMann
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2008, 4:11 am

My favorite is FFIV by far, due to incredible character development, a great plotline, and a simple system that doesn't overshadow the plot. It has the single best plot twist of any of the Final Fantasy games, and it seems that more happens than one could normally fit into a game that can be completed in that short of a time.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 4:35 am

NarfMann wrote:
My favorite is FFIV by far, due to incredible character development, a great plotline, and a simple system that doesn't overshadow the plot. It has the single best plot twist of any of the Final Fantasy games, and it seems that more happens than one could normally fit into a game that can be completed in that short of a time.

If you're talking about the plot twist at the end involving Cecil and Golbez, I think it's fairly cliched. That bit, in fact, is very reminiscent of The Empire Strikes Back. One of the best bits of Final Fantasy IV was the final boss battle. Zeromus looks the business, and the music was damned fine.

On sabbatical...

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Jun 2008, 5:15 am

My Favour was FFVIII but its also the least I like to replay because I hate drawing

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 5:42 am

This poll has been done at least twice before. I'm not sure if it's needed, but I voted for VI anyway. Kefka is the best villain I've ever seen and the plot was brilliant.

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2008, 1:52 pm

Sorry to be cliche but it has to be VII. It was the first one I played and also the first Console type RPG I played I was simply blown away. I was never so engrossed in a video game ever.

LazySlacker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 8:27 pm

Why isn't Final Fantasy Tactics not on that list. That's my favourite one.

Out of that list, I would have to say that Final Fantasy X.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:03 pm

My favorite is FFVIII, in second place is FFIV, and the third place is for FFVI.

I like Final Fantasy Tactics, but it's not included on the poll.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:19 pm

Final Fantasy 6 to me, has the most diverse range of characters with personality, and the intriguing storyline as you progress, itself, captivates you into playing it to the very end. I like the steampunk theme setting too.

I mean it was probably the only game I wanted to finish, not for the sake of finishing it for fun, but to actually enjoy the story told, feel apart of it and desire the death of that "psycho clown" Kefka for all the atrocities he did.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 12:39 am

where's chrono trigger?

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 12:43 am

skafather84 wrote:
where's chrono trigger?

Chrono Trigger isn't a part of the Final Fantasy series, however Squaresoft (now Square-enix) is the same company who made Chrono Trigger and all the Final Fantasy games.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 11:15 pm

I prefer Dragon Quest/Warrior ¬_¬

But honestly, I can't decide if I like IV or V better...V was really good, and I liked the job system...but...IV has the most nostalgia in it for me. I can't choose just one.

Can't say my least favorite, I completely lost interest in the series after they left Nintendo, haven't played any of the Sony ones.

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:32 am

I've played a bit of VII, but on occasions. It hasn't got me as involved as VI. I played up until getting Tifa and then was busy playing multiplayer games with my friends (one of them owns the game I played).

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:33 am

Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX all blew me away but all were way different from each other. If I'd have to pick one I'd have to go with VII.

Final Fantasy VIII really interested me but I found it difficult (at the time of playing it). I unfortunately didn't have the game long enough to beat it since I borrowed it from a friend. If I was to play it again I'd be able to beat it (I rock at video-games and always have).

I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games for any system after the original Playstation. (The last console I had was an original Playstation that I think I sold for money to buy some booze). Stupid me... Oh well, emulators exist today and they are legal even though video-game companies somehow don't like people using them. To me this doesn't make sense. It's not like the companies are losing any money. These games are all discontinued and will never be reissued again.

Last edited by patrick6 on 06 Jun 2008, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.