Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 1:37 pm

In your opinion does Resident Evil 5 live up to all the hype?

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 2:36 pm

^^ Although I have not played the happy full Resident Evil 5 game as of yet, I have played the magical downloadable demonstration. It was certainly fun, however I found the control system rather difficult to use, as it was not possible to shoot and move simultaneously, and a large amount of time was used to switch between moving stance and aiming stance. ^^ Alas, I believe this is all but opinion.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 3:11 pm

Since I don't listen to hype I can't answer that particular question, although having just finished the game, I have to say it was very fun to play, even better when you have a competent partner helping you out in co-op since the AI controlling Sheva loses it's brain every once in awhile, there is replayability and unlockables after finishing your first playthough, I also hear there is going to be multi-player DLC coming out sooner or later, although it will cost you five dollar to purchase.

mickaelx99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Mar 2009, 7:28 pm

Just beat the game today... I -loved it-, though in some places it was a tad too short. However, the story was simply outstanding. The graphics are superb. The sound is awesome, especially the final level. And I found the gameplay was also solid, but at the same time a tad too much like RE4... however, co-op is a blast. I have no real problems with the game at all... I did beat it in only 2 days, but the game itself - although not perfect - is a must play in my mind.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:06 am

It was awesome. Although the boss's were kinda poor I thought. And towards the end when the enemies have guns just plain didn't feel like Resident Evil =(

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:08 am

I hate double posts :evil:

Last edited by Prosser on 17 Mar 2009, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 5:46 pm

I'll tell you when my copy from amazon arrives......and so the anticipation begins.

kalantir
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:39 pm

darkstone100 wrote:
since the AI controlling Sheva loses it's brain every once in awhile

I think the biggest gripe I have with the game is the partner AI. She wastes ammo, and has a tendency to stand behind me shooting me in the back of the head when I'm trying to snipe because she's too stupid to move a couple inches to the side. And that part where you have her hold the light for you... my god... Half the time she was pointing it the opposite direction I was facing. Other then the partner AI though... I thought it was a pretty solid game. As far as living up to the hype goes... I'd say it did. But I still feel that RE4/5 should be called something different, because the style of them is nothing like any of the other Resident Evil games. They should continue the series with the original style, and RE4/5 should be seperate.