Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Irada
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2009, 7:37 am

I recently completed this game, and all I can say is wow. Anyone else played it? If not I highly suggest you either buy it or rent it out. Come prepared to be scared :twisted:

MegaAndy
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2009, 2:01 pm

ive got it on pc i lost interest pretty early on its good i just got bored with it good job i didnt buy it :wink: the joy of piracy

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Feb 2009, 5:21 pm

My little brother (he's eleven) looooooves the game. I've never played it myself, but I've heard good things.
I asked my brother if he should be playing the game, because I'd heard it was supposed to be scary, but he said he didn't find it scary at all. I think it's just what he finds scary is different than what most people find scary.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 11:20 am

It's kinda scary in the sense that every 10 minutes a bad guy'll come up behind ye. But a brilliant game I thought. You probably won't find a better EA game.

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2009, 3:28 am

The person I sit next to in Anatomy talks about this game atft.

Is it any good?

ihitterdal
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2009, 5:02 pm

I REALLY tried to like the demo, but I was disappointed. It just felt like a poorly-made rip-off of System Shock 2 and Resident Evil 4. (The latter is for the basic gameplay, other than the dismemberment thing, while the former is for the setting)

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 4:07 pm

I'm at level 8 and all I have to say is WOW. Well, not really, I may add that this is probably the most immersive game I've ever played, and...oh, way too many good things, if you still haven't played it go and get it, absolute masterpiece.

Edit: I can't go past the point where there are two wall necromorphs and you have to go through the door in the middle, I always get killed, maybe I will give up, any advice (on gamefaqs it just says "kill them") ? :?

Last edited by Rainbow-Squirrel on 30 Mar 2009, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 12:08 am

The ending wasn't surprising and you expected it to happen when it happens, and it isn't really logical seeing as how you killed the final boss destroying the mind control thing it had on the monsters.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Mar 2009, 12:46 am

Irada wrote:
I recently completed this game, and all I can say is wow. Anyone else played it? If not I highly suggest you either buy it or rent it out. Come prepared to be scared :twisted:

Watch the film!
http://www.deadspacethemovie.com/

The former things have passed away."

HungarianWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Apr 2009, 5:31 am

I love Dead Space! It totally rocks :D

But I have to admit that it makes me jump out of my chair on a regular basis :oops:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 9:36 am

I just got the game today, it has been a while since I have played a horror and that is why I just decided to get it on a whim, it has been a bit scarey so far, but I am keeping myself on my toes. I am not too good at survival horrors, so far I still have to beat Bioshock, but maybe if I put myself into a lot of these I will be not as easily scared, one of the points that have taken me a bit by surprize is that to enter things like map and inventory it just activates in gameplay, not freezing what is going around.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 10:03 am

it´s cool I played for some hours, but I have trouble with the sounds and flickering lights so It's more disorientating then an enjoyment.

sexy game though...

:::)

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 10:54 pm

I hate to admit that I found the demo too difficult. I'll probably buy it anyways; I just have to get used to it. I'll buy almost any space game. They are awesome :D

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 10:05 pm

Dead Space was ok. I got bored of it though. Monotonous environments, grab key A to open door C....yeah. It was scary at first, but then I came to expect things to jump out from nowhere so I kind of became immune to it...