Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 May 2009, 2:00 am

My laptop's video card died on Monday night. I had to surf the internet in safe mode which was a very interesting way to experience the web. The service technician replaced the broken video card Thursday. I was ready for a night of WOW after work. Except after powering up WOW my system literally blacked out and shut down. I thought maybe it was WOW, but as it turns out this was happening on every video game. I could still use my system to its full capacity but no video games... of any kind. The experience has been insightful. I thought I was going to have bad withdraw symptoms but so far it hasn't been too painful. I do miss playing games but in the meantime I've found other things to entertain me including reading.

The former things have passed away."

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 3:28 am

Warm turkey I seem to be able to quit. But cold turkey .. I just keep digging into my fridge, taking out a giant piece and smothering it in ranch and eating it..

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 May 2009, 11:54 am

that was witty nim. yes, indeed. very witty.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 5:15 pm

get a back up computer for when things like this happen,or a games console.
know its easier said than done,but a back up is extremely useful,could save up for it if cant buy one instantly.
am had to resort to using a psp for internet as well as the usual games after smashing last laptop [and anyone whos tried using WP on a psp will know how bad it is],dont have it anymore as some git stole it.

What about a handheld console?

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 5:58 pm

WoW is crap, be happy you couldn't play. I've never played a more soulless game. I have great memories of many traditional japanese RPG's, but WoW was a complete and total waste of time. I can't believe people still play it.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 May 2009, 7:20 pm

Zoonic wrote:
WoW is crap, be happy you couldn't play. I've never played a more soulless game. I have great memories of many traditional japanese RPG's, but WoW was a complete and total waste of time. I can't believe people still play it.

This is off-topic, but I thank you for posting...