zacb
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 3:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
zacb wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fascist = Anything the Left doesn't like.
Wrong again.  Fascism is a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

This is everything that MAGA stands for; nothing more, and nothing less.

While there have been things that have been a bit worrisome (Russian interference, nationalizing 5G, and repeal of section 230), there are other things like states rights, lower taxes (as an examples Hitler banned small businesses under 500k I believe), him being thwarted by the court, as well as the nation not being united in one voice. While it could be argued he is authoritarian, not all authoritarians are fascists, like Salazar of Portugal or Pinochet of Chile.

let me get this straight, are you saying that we SHOULD be united in one voice?

That is exactly what we should should be doing /s. I dislike Trump and Biden so no that is not the case. I think we should encourage dissent through things like rank choice voting and people voting for third parties (which I do if the candidate is palatable).

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 3:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ok, i grok.

Sorry did not mean to be too much of an ass. Just saying that I don't think we are there, but I can agree there are several signs pointing towards that. The Taps act and banning cryptography being the prime example.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2020, 5:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
or at least they've figured out a default way to deal with cognitive dissonance.

Yes indeed....NTs are the masters of compartmentalising dissonant thoughts. But things have a way of leaking out eventually.,

Autistic Trump supporters seem no better than NT Trump supporters in this regard. :?

I remember the autism supremacy that used to be strong on this forum. Autistic people were better than NTs, NTs, were dumb and incompetent and illogical, NTs are mean and evil and hate those who are different. There was always NT bashing here.

After noticing that autistic people were no better than they were because I have always gotten the same treatment from them as I have from other NTs, I realized we are all human beings and we are no better than them. I've seen autistic people be just as stupid as NT people. I have seen them not take things literal, I have seen them twist words, I have seen them be ableist or else they wouldn't be against welfare and those on disability and stuff and make sweeping generalizations and judgments about anyone on it assuming they know their abilities and skills and limitations.

I mean you would expect people to be more understanding because of their own autism. :?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 1:15 am

i get the impression that some here basically see this as a small pond they can rule.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 1:21 am

League_Girl wrote:
I remember the autism supremacy that used to be strong on this forum. Autistic people were better than NTs, NTs, were dumb and incompetent and illogical, NTs are mean and evil and hate those who are different. There was always NT bashing here.

After noticing that autistic people were no better than they were because I have always gotten the same treatment from them as I have from other NTs, I realized we are all human beings and we are no better than them. I've seen autistic people be just as stupid as NT people. I have seen them not take things literal, I have seen them twist words, I have seen them be ableist or else they wouldn't be against welfare and those on disability and stuff and make sweeping generalizations and judgments about anyone on it assuming they know their abilities and skills and limitations.

I mean you would expect people to be more understanding because of their own autism. :?

This is a pretty wise observation. I was shocked at the attitudes expressed by some against NTs back in 2011 when I joined WP. But over time I also accept that sometimes people need to express their anger at their "oppressor" as a form of carthasis. Frankly many NTs deserve the bad press they get.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 1:22 am

auntblabby wrote:
i get the impression that some here basically see this as a small pond they can rule.

Yes although some of these "hood" big fish have been "liberated:" back to sea :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 1:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes although some of these "hood" big fish have been "liberated:" back to sea :lol:

i am thankful for that :heart:

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 3:02 am

I keep seeing this topic about how Trump is fastest.

Look, he's obese, so I'm not buying it.

Be the hero of your life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 3:06 am

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 3:10 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

I see he's still a hit with the ladies :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 3:12 am

we'll see if he is still a hit if he is ever demoted to convict.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 7:47 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

I see he's still a hit with the ladies :lol:

If he's paying them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 11:24 pm

i am sure he has many fans who would throw themselves at him if they could.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2020, 1:53 am

auntblabby wrote:

Hopefully not throw themselves too hard lest they bounce :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2020, 3:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

he needs some muscle tone to be bouncy. fat by itself [along with untoned muscle] is squishy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2020, 3:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

he needs some muscle tone to be bouncy. fat by itself [along with untoned muscle] is squishy.

Yeah my point of reference was Kung Fu Panda