Nikki Haley - If Trump runs for POTUS I won't

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:17 pm

Nikki Haley says if Trump runs for president in 2024 then she won't

Quote:
Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Monday that she would not mount a bid for the White House in 2024 should former President Trump decide to run again.

“I would not run if President Trump ran, and I would talk to him about it,” Haley told The Associated Press at a press conference. “That’s something that we’ll have a conversation about at some point if that decision is something that has to be made.”

Haley, a former South Carolina governor considered a potential contender for the GOP’s 2024 presidential nomination, said that she would support Trump if he makes another run for the White House.

But she also acknowledged that it had been quite some time since she spoke with the former president. Asked about the last time she talked to Trump, Haley said that it was after the 2020 presidential election but before Jan. 6, when a mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol in an effort to disrupt the certification of the election results.

Still, she said she had a “great working relationship” with Trump during her nearly two-year tenure as his envoy to the U.N.

“I appreciated the way he let me do my job,” she said. “I thought we did some fantastically great foreign policy things together, and look, I just want to keep building on what we accomplished and not watch it get torn down.”

There’s still undeniable tension between Trump and Haley. In an interview with Politico in the weeks after Jan. 6, Haley delivered a scathing assessment of the former president, saying that it had been a mistake for Republicans to listen to him and predicting that he would find himself “further and further isolated” in the coming months and years.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 8:21 pm

I don't like her thought-pattern.

She started to make sense right after January 6th.....but now she's under the Thrall of Idiot Trump again.....and Trump's idiocy is contagious.....

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 9:00 pm

I once had a lot of respect for Nikki Haley, but it’s slowed down to a trickle because of Trump.

Of those in the GOP speculation circle for ‘24, only Larry Hogan and Adam Kinzinger could potentially get my vote.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!