Why is the US letting so many people over the border?

Page 9 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2021, 1:29 am

I thought it was only the UK that has that problem.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2021, 9:41 am

funeralxempire wrote:
ironpony wrote:
True, good points. So if the immigrants are trying to cause xenophobia with the T-shirts, why would they want to do that, if I am understanding that correct?

They might be tone-deaf and hoping to pander. I don't imagine they intend to cause xenophobia, how would that help them?

Agrees with this pandering idea. ........

where ever you go ,there you are

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 3:07 pm

Well it seems that a lot more immigrants are coming over the border than usual lately. However, is it me or is it more than usual? If so, is it because the US is just wanting to help, or is no one this nice and giving, and there may be other agendas for it?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 3:35 pm

i do think the US almost has multiple agendas for all its actions . but is nice to think , that we are just being a nice country . it is almost manditory to be bi-lingual in parts of Texas and So Calif. Have seen extreme bias towards some middle class white smaller businessmen . Causes me to wonder about agendas

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 4:26 pm

What would be the agenda for letting so many people over?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 8:09 pm

maybe people raised in countries with less general average scholastic abilities, will be more apt to vote democratic , and fill lower wage positions ? i do not really know .

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 9:50 pm

I think America does have a border crisis. Children are being dropped off at the border, yanked from the arms of their parents. There was one kid who was left behind by a group of kids.

The kids are being put into camps that look a lot like concentration camps.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 11:28 pm

Jakki wrote:
maybe people raised in countries with less general average scholastic abilities, will be more apt to vote democratic , and fill lower wage positions ? i do not really know .

Are a lot of Americans really hoping for those lower wage positions to be filled by other people though, when a lot of people in America may be having a hard time filling a job? Also, why do the democrats feel they need immigrants to get votes? What are they giving the immigrants that that they are not giving Americans who are already in the country?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 11:42 pm

Jakki wrote:

Why would people from places that are often more socially conservative than the US be likely to vote for the party that isn't socially conservative? :scratch:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 12:00 am

Well after the immigrants come in, what's to stop them from not voting for the President they want? Wouldn't a lot of them think well I'm American now, so I can vote for whoever I want now and no one can stop me?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 12:38 am

ironpony wrote:
Well after the immigrants come in, what's to stop them from not voting for the President they want? Wouldn't a lot of them think well I'm American now, so I can vote for whoever I want now and no one can stop me?

One would think.

And if they're from socially conservative areas one would expect the socially conservative party to be more appealing.

You know, unless that party makes embracing xenophobia part of their platform.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 1:21 am

Well my friend told me that Biden promised the immigrants free health care and free education if they are kept voted in government, but is this true, since I only have him saying that?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 6:37 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Why would people from places that are often more socially conservative than the US be likely to vote for the party that isn't socially conservative? :scratch:

Generally speaking, blood identities are stronger than identities based on the religious or cultural, which in turn are stronger than economic/class identities.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2021, 8:13 pm

Probably US imperialism making their own countries an unstable living hell.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 8:20 pm

Well if the purpose of letting in a lot of immigrants is to get more democratic votes, what is the government promising them that they will get, if they vote democrat?

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2021, 8:22 pm

Mikah wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Generally speaking, blood identities are stronger than identities based on the religious or cultural, which in turn are stronger than economic/class identities.

Don’t project your own prejudices on all of humanity. To most people “blood identity” is not hugely important on a scale bigger than their immediate family. A lot of behaviors people assume are “racial” are really cultural.