Liz Cheney ousted from Republican leadership

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 11:29 pm

Since when were Reaganites RINOs? :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 11:36 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Since when were Reaganites RINOs? :chin:

Being a conventional reaganite conservative is not enough for the GOP these days. Ideology and voting record are less important than your willingness to kiss Trump's brass ring.

Cheney is only a Republican in Name Only if you think Republicans have to be Trumpsters.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 12:14 am

AngelRho wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
I can't help but giggle a little any time a prominent RINO gets owned. I only wish it would happen more often.

If she's a RINO now then you're basically conceding the Republicans are an anti-democratic party that's more interested in fealty to dear leader than maintaining democratic principles.

She’s long been a RINO. I think while Trump brought out the best in some Republicans, he brought out the filthiest worst in others. I think Trump has done more to expose the scum in the Republican Party. We’ve had an establishment that doesn’t really represent grassroots conservatives, and I think Trump did more to make them visible—as said, bringing out the worst.

Cheney’s not entirely gone. She’s just not allowed to serve in the same capacity and has lost a lot of power. She doesn’t share the same conservative values, and she’s done more harm than good for the Republican cause. She’s a RINO, and she’s made of the same stuff as McCan’t. About time somebody called her out.

70 Percent of Republicans

Believe in THE BIG LIE

that the election was

Stolen From Trump;

That's All Ya Need

to Know These Days

About Grass Root Conservatives

In the Republican Party; THEY BELIEVE

IN LIES, CULT OF PERSONALITY TELLS THEM

at
least

by
Polling Numbers...

Cheney Refused to Serve
The Trump Kool-Aid, So
She Got the Jim Jones McCarthy
Treatment; Yet Still Gets to Live at Least...

This Is All Unusually 'Sick' for Any Politics...

Not A Good Place to Live in at all in Any Country...

Of Course

i For one

Wouldn't Touch
it With a 39 And A Half
Foot Pole; No Matter What
The Still Unreformed Orange Grinch Says...

Give it About When Trump Puts on An Orange
Prison JumpSuit And the Lies Will Try to Hide; Yet too late baby,

'Dirty
Deeds
Done
Dirt Sheep'...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

DianeQ
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 May 2021, 7:57 pm

Good riddance to her.
The Trump supporters are another branch of the Republican tree, deal with it!
The democrats don't turn away Rashida, or Omar or what's her name.... AOC.....
So why turn your nose up at Trump? Sure he's a bit of a pig, but look at Clinton FGS!
Vote the policies, not the personality! You don't have to sleep w him!
If the Republicans don't unite & include Trumpers we've lost for real next time!
DianeQ

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 8:37 pm

AngelRho wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
I can't help but giggle a little any time a prominent RINO gets owned. I only wish it would happen more often.

If she's a RINO now then you're basically conceding the Republicans are an anti-democratic party that's more interested in fealty to dear leader than maintaining democratic principles.

She’s long been a RINO. I think while Trump brought out the best in some Republicans, he brought out the filthiest worst in others. I think Trump has done more to expose the scum in the Republican Party. We’ve had an establishment that doesn’t really represent grassroots conservatives, and I think Trump did more to make them visible—as said, bringing out the worst.

Cheney’s not entirely gone. She’s just not allowed to serve in the same capacity and has lost a lot of power. She doesn’t share the same conservative values, and she’s done more harm than good for the Republican cause. She’s a RINO, and she’s made of the same stuff as McCan’t. About time somebody called her out.

Leave McCain out of this. He was about as honorable as one can be, a trait seriously needed in the GOP right now.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 7:28 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

Leave McCain out of this. He was about as honorable as one can be, a trait seriously needed in the GOP right now.

McCan’t was hands down one of the best Democrats to ever serve our country, a RINO of the highest order.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 8:10 am

They risk driving out all the most competant members of the Republican leadership over this. Exactly that happend in the UK a couple of years ago- the Conservative Party civil war lead to Johnson expelling or sidelining anyone who might disagree with him. Results: elder statesmen and experinced cabinet ministers OUT. A motley collection of monomaniac fanatics and lightweight yes-men IN. And then came a crisis which could really, really have done with competant ministers in charge.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 8:34 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
They risk driving out all the most competant members of the Republican leadership over this. Exactly that happend in the UK a couple of years ago- the Conservative Party civil war lead to Johnson expelling or sidelining anyone who might disagree with him. Results: elder statesmen and experinced cabinet ministers OUT. A motley collection of monomaniac fanatics and lightweight yes-men IN. And then came a crisis which could really, really have done with competant ministers in charge.

And then on the other side you have Corbyn.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:01 am

AngelRho wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

McCan’t was hands down one of the best Democrats to ever serve our country, a RINO of the highest order.

Actually, The Trump Arm of the Republican

Party As The Circus Clearly Tells Has Turned

Into the CINO's, 'Conservatives In Name Only';

Nothing Wrong With Being Conservative,

Yet Men And

Or Women

Who Lie to Get

Their Way Are Neither

Honorable or Have Integrity

And Certainly Not Conservative

For The Truth For What It Even Means to Be Human'...

Hint: LoVE iN LiGHT (Truth); Honestly, CINO'S Are Poor

Excuses For Freedom...

Yeah; Let's

Get the

#CINO Truth
Out; Oxymoron Indeed...

About As Un-American As One Will Get...

There Is No Excuse for Already Refuted Lies...

This Has Become A 3-Ring Circus Where Even Clowns Aren't Funny...

At Least Now
The Audience

Is Only 70

Percent of

25 PERCENT

of the Country....
Hmm... That's 17.5 Percent...

And Considering Many of them
Join Hands In Church Supporting
These Already Irrefutably Proven
Un-American Lies And Church Participation

As the Gallup Polls And Even Clergy Admit
Is Falling Off the Cliff; 20 Percent in Just the
Last 20 Years; 'All in good time, my little pretty.

All in good time', Except This Go Around Trump

Kidnapped 'The Elephant Instead' of 'Toto' Oh The Bad News Hits the Fan....

That Wicked Witch of the West is already Melting, Melting, Melting in Orange Goo...

Now It's Just A Question; Will Trump Be Indicted in New Jersey or Florida Next 'In Melting Style'...

Mostly

Rhetorical;

All Of This Just

A Poem For A

Philosophy of Reality... Bites...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 10:05 am

MaxE wrote:
PhosphorusDecree wrote:

And then on the other side you have Corbyn.

Aye, who was locked in a brutal feud with 95% of the parliamentary Labour party, and thus didn't exactly work with the old hands even though they were still present! Our recent politics has been an excellent showcase for different kinds of failure mode. Beware ANY situation that's starting to look "a bit British."

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 1:16 pm

The GOP turning against McCain was a sure sign of their dive off the deep end. Remember he was their presidential candidate in 2008? When he was marketed as a get-things-done, reach-across-the-aisle center-right candidate? That was what the GOP voters wanted as recently as 2008.
Less than a decade later and he's treated as a pariah for not being conservative enough. Less than a decade later and they're voting for someone who openly ridicules him and calls him a loser for being a veteran pow--can you even imagine how insanely furious they would have been if Obama had said some of the things Trump had about McCain back in '08?

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:46 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
The GOP turning against McCain was a sure sign of their dive off the deep end. Remember he was their presidential candidate in 2008? When he was marketed as a get-things-done, reach-across-the-aisle center-right candidate? That was what the GOP voters wanted as recently as 2008.
Less than a decade later and he's treated as a pariah for not being conservative enough. Less than a decade later and they're voting for someone who openly ridicules him and calls him a loser for being a veteran pow--can you even imagine how insanely furious they would have been if Obama had said some of the things Trump had about McCain back in '08?

Say WHAT? McCan’t was the GOP’s 4th down and 10 onside punt from the wrong 20 yard line. The other team recovered for a easy TD, winning the game. McCan’t was the pick pass in the end zone with zero on the clock. The GOP didn’t turn on McCan’t. McCan’t threw the whole game.

Seriously, why didn’t more conservatives turn out to vote that year? Candidates like McCan’t don’t get votes, and you don’t run on a bipartisan, compromise plank when the other party has zero interest in compromise. I think what it amounted to was McCan’t won in primaries where Democrats had the option of voting for the weaker candidate. What that campaign was NOT was McCan’t trying to get Republican votes. He was trying to get Democrat votes. And since the Democratic Party won that election, I’d say he won the election for them.

I have a similar hypothesis regarding Trump’s win. Clinton stole the primaries, hands down. Because of her prior political history, no Democrat wanted to run against her. At the same time, nobody wanted to vote for her, either. That left the door wide open for a Trump win in the electoral college. States like Michigan and Pennsylvania weren’t sending the message they wanted Trump to win. They were shouting loud and clear hell no, we don’t want Clinton. That made for an easy win for Biteme in the last election (I don’t buy into the rhetoric that the election was stolen. Not by Dems, but by establishment Republicans, never-Trumpers, and RINO’s handing it over, along with several other factors not the least of which includes the pandemic) since Biteme was and is more popular than Clinton.

The truly pathetic part was that some honestly believed McCan’t could win when his best effort was trying to get left of the Dems. His choice of Sarah Failin’ as a running mate was a political Hail Mary if there ever was one. And Biteme wouldn’t have picked a woman as a running mate if he’d ever had any doubt that he would win. I think McCan’t was the best thing that happened to the Democratic Party in recent elections and probably one of the main reasons they’ve won so many. I really do believe we’ve seen the best the GOP has had to offer. Joe Biteme will no doubt have two terms and I can’t see a Republican winning after that.

What WILL inevitably happen, because it historically always has, is you’ll have a younger generation get so sick of the status quo they decide to stick it to mom, dad, gramma, and grampa. Things will get interesting again about the time I turn 60. In the meantime, my plan is to turn off Fox News and just stick to my soaps. I really can’t wait to see what happens when Eric Forrester finds out the truth about Quinn and Carter and when Hope Logan finds out that Liam hit Vinnie with the car.

Later, my peeps.