$3k worth free of coke, heroin, and meth handed out in front

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 1:07 pm

Last edited by The_Znof on 29 Jul 2021, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 4:02 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
of the Vancouver Police Department:

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/vanc ... F0iQbAHn6w

Among those helping distribute clean drugs was a Vancouver city councillor. Good for her! ~6 people die from overdoses in BC every single day -> more than 12,000 people have died from OD's in BC since the opiate crisis began. The need for harm reduction via a clean safe drug supply is extreme and I'm glad that this organization is taking action.

That's all fine as a short-term solution.

goldfish21 wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
This will cause the drug abuse problem to explode to far greater than it is now. When you subsidize something you get more of it.

False.

Addicts are going to do drugs, anyways, regardless of where they get them from.

More than 12,000 British Columbians have died of overdoses during the opiate crisis. This is why we need a clean supply from government regulated sources vs. the contaminated street drugs that are killing people - as well as straining first responder and medical resources unnecessarily.

This is typical liberal defeatism. Most liberals can't even conceive of a society where most people have enough to live for that they don't need to indulge in self-destructive behaviours. Or they don't want to conceive of such a society because they (liberals) want to feel useful by handing out sticking plasters.

Well until there is a perfect society we will just have to do what can be done to keep people from dying.Clean drugs and hopefully crisis intervention.
How do you propose we attain that perfect society?
People do drugs because they want to annihilate some pain inside, or to escape a bad reality, self medication for pain or mental issues ,and low self esteem.
For some people maybe it’s the only taste of happiness they have in their life, it’s fake happiness ,but it’s all they’ve got at the present.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 4:23 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:
This is typical liberal defeatism. Most liberals can't even conceive of a society where most people have enough to live for that they don't need to indulge in self-destructive behaviours. Or they don't want to conceive of such a society because they (liberals) want to feel useful by handing out sticking plasters.

So, what do you propose to solve the problem of people dying due to tainted drugs?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 12:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

The safe assumption is that any street dealt drugs sold in Vancouver are cross contaminated with lethal amounts of fentanyl. This is what happens when the black market controls the drug supply with zero regulation. These aren't pharmacists or chemists of any sort, just hardcore addicts dealing to make enough money to feed their own habits.

I dont know about safe, but I think the people putting fentanyl and benzos in the heroin and meth are above the hardcore addicts dealing to make enough money to feed their own habits., and probably well, well above.

On the meth side at least, the contamination is always subtle and consistent.

I think it has more to do with CIA goofballs than junkies and tweakers.

Mmhmm; if you mean the Chinese Infiltration Agency, then yes.

Much of the fentanyl or precursor chemicals are coming from mainland China.

According to people that work at Insite, other drugs aren’t being cut with fent to create fent addicts out of coke heads or tweezers, they’re accidentally being cross contaminated by morons who are using the same bowls and spoons and scales to divvy out all their drugs, or accidentally mistaking a bag of fent for something else because they’re stupid/high/drunk etc. These are street level dealers slanging crack in the ghetto, not university educated pharmacists carefully portioning medications.

I didnt think it was to make stimulant users physically dependant, the fentanyl or benzos give the user anxiety rebound when they wear off, which is of course the last thing a tweaker wants or needs.

The CIA goofball reference was due to their drug of choice being Dexedrine and Morphine before they got into LSD

As for insite, im not sure what they are saying makes much sense with fentanyl, but the benzo issue is very problematic for their claims.

How long ago did you hear them say this?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 1:20 pm

The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

The safe assumption is that any street dealt drugs sold in Vancouver are cross contaminated with lethal amounts of fentanyl. This is what happens when the black market controls the drug supply with zero regulation. These aren't pharmacists or chemists of any sort, just hardcore addicts dealing to make enough money to feed their own habits.

I dont know about safe, but I think the people putting fentanyl and benzos in the heroin and meth are above the hardcore addicts dealing to make enough money to feed their own habits., and probably well, well above.

On the meth side at least, the contamination is always subtle and consistent.

I think it has more to do with CIA goofballs than junkies and tweakers.

Mmhmm; if you mean the Chinese Infiltration Agency, then yes.

Much of the fentanyl or precursor chemicals are coming from mainland China.

According to people that work at Insite, other drugs aren’t being cut with fent to create fent addicts out of coke heads or tweezers, they’re accidentally being cross contaminated by morons who are using the same bowls and spoons and scales to divvy out all their drugs, or accidentally mistaking a bag of fent for something else because they’re stupid/high/drunk etc. These are street level dealers slanging crack in the ghetto, not university educated pharmacists carefully portioning medications.

I didnt think it was to make stimulant users physically dependant, the fentanyl or benzos give the user anxiety rebound when they wear off, which is of course the last thing a tweaker wants or needs.

The CIA goofball reference was due to their drug of choice being Dexedrine and Morphine before they got into LSD

As for insite, im not sure what they are saying makes much sense with fentanyl, but the benzo issue is very problematic for their claims.

How long ago did you hear them say this?

Approximately 3 years ago. What relevance is when they said it? :? It still holds true today.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 1:52 pm

I received fentanyl as my anesthetic this week.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 12:53 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Approximately 3 years ago. What relevance is when they said it? :? It still holds true today.

It may explain the fentanyl, but the current benzo issue is harder to explain that way.

If they were saying that now at insite regarding the benzos, I would think they probably drank some higher level drug/human trafficker kool-aid.

I think the benzo issue started just after the time you talked to them.

ps - Im still skeptical of the fentanyl story, but find it much more believable than the same story applied to benzos.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 1:37 pm

The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

It may explain the fentanyl, but the current benzo issue is harder to explain that way.

If they were saying that now at insite regarding the benzos, I would think they probably drank some higher level drug/human trafficker kool-aid.

I think the benzo issue started just after the time you talked to them.

ps - Im still skeptical of the fentanyl story, but find it much more believable than the same story applied to benzos.

Your posts are the first I've even ever heard of a benzo crisis.

Perhaps you're exposed to different social circles and news sources?

I mean, must be to at least a certain extent.. because it's been My experience over the last few pre-covid years that there's mdma all over the place and even mda. Only ever heard stories about some old hippies' use of pcp back in the ~80's vs. any current tales of it being around.

Which benzos are a crisis? Xanax? OR is it the tales of Fake Xanax loaded with fentanyl derivatives and other trash? :? Heard of some of that.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 4:26 pm

We have lots of Xanax abusers here. Mostly meth heads that want to sleep.
They want the bars. AKA Xandy bars.
One person overdosed on a canoe trip and fell in the water .Luckily he didn’t drown or OD

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Which benzos are a crisis? Xanax? OR is it the tales of Fake Xanax loaded with fentanyl derivatives and other trash? :? Heard of some of that.

I meant that the street drugs [Heroin, Cocaine, Meth] are often found to contain benzos.

Ill elaborate on your other points in a day or two.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:50 pm

The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I meant that the street drugs [Heroin, Cocaine, Meth] are often found to contain benzos.

Ill elaborate on your other points in a day or two.

Maybe because it's easier to get pharmaceuticals/fake pharmaceuticals produced domestically than it is to get other drugs sourced internationally due to covid border and shipping route shutdowns?

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 10:25 am

yes, that must be it. :mrgreen:

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 1:21 pm

another strange one is the "spanky walk"

Back in the early 1990's, only one guy in the DTES Vancouver had the strange hunched forward and to one side walk to an extreme degree.

Now every second heroin user goes about in such a way.

Not sure if it is a Vancouver thing, and im having trouble finding mention of the problem anywhere,

but a big part of the problem may be I cant think of good search terms to nail it.

This song may make obscure reference to it -

What's the matter with Brian?

Why's he walk like seemingly horses?

And he's smart, there's no denying

But he's keeping that to himself

Not clean, he's (?)
Shooting dope in the flow of the hurricane

Throwing up and now he's crying

And Brian is all alone

Brian, the horse-faced goon

Brian, the horse-faced goon.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 1:28 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Watched this documentary on the problem last night.
http://www.sidewaysfilm.com/ten-dollar- ... yl-crisis/
Something has to be done ,and if this is the only way to save peoples lives ,then do it.
Hopefully they only get a small dose of meth and won’t get too jeetered out.

that film requires a passcode from the producers [or money] , what do you mean by:

and if this is the only way to save peoples lives ,then do it. :?:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 1:51 pm

The_Znof wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Watched this documentary on the problem last night.
http://www.sidewaysfilm.com/ten-dollar- ... yl-crisis/
Something has to be done ,and if this is the only way to save peoples lives ,then do it.
Hopefully they only get a small dose of meth and won’t get too jeetered out.

that film requires a passcode from the producers [or money] , what do you mean by:

and if this is the only way to save peoples lives ,then do it. :?:

Very sure she means give them the free of charge clean drugs.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 4:36 pm

Damn, I gotta move to Canada! f*****g free drugs!

Oscar Meyer Lansky