Page 8 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 60  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:17 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Biden is a political insider. Pretty much a pragmatist. Is not above “spinning” to get a desired result. But he’s a much better leader than Trump. Yet, he certainly has faults.

Trump appeals to the “outsider” base who don’t bother to think beyond their stupidity. Trump incited an insurrection because he’s a sore loser. He’s a “populist” in the sense of he, in his mind, being his constituency. He doesn’t care at all for his alleged constituency.

Boy, have you shifted to the left. 8O

I don't like Trump, but I hope you aren't suggesting most Republicans are stupid simply because they voted for him.

There is a battle of values.
The old and the new.
Not all old values are bad.
Not all new values are good.

You have to also consider why a narcissist got to be the president in the first place.
It was the self-servicing disrespect of the political aristocracy that allowed an outsider to win the election.
Remember, Trump didn't win.
Clinton lost.

I have mentioned this many times, over the years, and still stand by my opinion. 8)

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Aug 2021, 7:26 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Biden is a political insider. Pretty much a pragmatist. Is not above “spinning” to get a desired result. But he’s a much better leader than Trump. Yet, he certainly has faults.

Trump appeals to the “outsider” base who don’t bother to think beyond their stupidity. Trump incited an insurrection because he’s a sore loser. He’s a “populist” in the sense of he, in his mind, being his constituency. He doesn’t care at all for his alleged constituency.

A populist is someone who tries to appeal for votes by blaming people’s problems upon a group who is keeping them down.

In Trump’s case, he blamed America’s problems on Mexicans, immigrants, Muslims, trans people, antifa, BLM, intellectuals, politicians, judges, the internet, globalists, and the media. At times he even blamed Jews, despite having a Jewish son-in-law. Rather than solving problems, he created convenient scapegoats and promised that attacking the scapegoats would solve the problems. He also tried to paint the people whose votes he wanted as more “legitimate” than the “liberal elites” supposedly holding them down.

Populists don’t necessarily care about people, they just want to encourage division to try and win votes. Most politicians do it to some extent (e.g. if your opponents passed a bad law then it makes sense to blame them for the problems it caused!) but populist extremists frame their entire worldview as “the people” being held back by evil outsiders.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:26 am

Mikah wrote:

Ummm. 8O

Holey moley!
This is the first time I saw that!
It looks bloody damning.
I might have to reconsider my view about Uncle Joe. 8O

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:34 am

Pepe wrote:

Yeah, it was buried by the press, you could only see it on certain corners of the internet - even then many of these videos started vanishing in the lead up to the election.

This one looks worse in my opinion - I don't know if she has spoken out since.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:37 am

Mikah wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Yeah, it was buried by the press, you could only see it on certain corners of the internet - even then many of these videos started vanishing in the lead up to the election.

That is politics for you. :eew:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:41 am

In the US, people tend to vote for the party more than vote for the person. They didn’t bother to really delve into Trump’s presidential record. Trump is a Republican, first and foremost.

People who voted for him primarily voted his political affiliation. They didn’t bother to think beyond that. It’s quite possible that if someone had the ideological stance of Nelson Rockefeller (a liberal Republican), they would have voted for him, too.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:42 am

Since we're on a roll, here's a lovingly crafted compilation.

And another good one that I don't think has been widely seen:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 8:19 am

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
That’s just an excuse for bad manners.
None of the older men in my family went around hair sniffing.
I also have no desire to sniff hair or to grope.Why on earth would I want to?
I don’t like touching people and for sure don’t want to smell them.That’s just nasty.

Don't getting why someone would behave a certain way doesn't automatically mean they have dirty intentions.

It seems more like boundary issues than pursuit of sexual gratification. It doesn't make it less creepy, it's just a different type of creepy.

Doesn’t matter if it’s sexual or just a boundary issue.I wouldn’t like it and I darn sure would get upset if some man or woman started sniffing on one of my kids.

Many autistic people have boundary issues. 8)

Yes, and many by his age have figured out it’s not a good idea to touch people.
I was never a touchy feely person ,my issues were not having a filter when I said something.With aging I know better now.
Once there was an older distinguished lady with a HUGE mole on her face.I asked her what it was and she said it was a beauty mark.
My reply was, “ But it’s not beautiful!”My folks were mortified.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 8:24 am

Quote:
Examining the images
On social media, the accusation is often accompanied by images, memes, GIFs and videos of Biden appearing to touch children inappropriately. The photos that are real often lack context. Others are not of him or have been deceptively edited to suggest something improper.

We found that these images are overwhelmingly captured at public events when he is posing for pictures or greeting people and many depict Biden showing affection toward his family.

For example, one photo, of Biden leaning down by a boy with his hand cupped on the child’s face, shows him comforting his grandson at the funeral of Beau Biden, Biden’s son who died of brain cancer. Another image from the funeral routinely used in posts shows Biden kissing the top of his granddaughter’s head as she stands holding her mother’s hand. Another shows Biden leaning in to kiss his grandson during his 2013 swearing-in ceremony as vice president.

This ABOVE Is Only An Excerpt of the FACT CHECK:

Don't Believe Everything MaNipulated
On Videos Or Without Context

(Or Simply Get Refuted)

To Make Believe

in Conspiracy

Theories...

This BS Has Already

Been Refuted As "Pants on Fire" Lies... LONG AGO...

It's Really Not Hard to Do the Research to Refute it...

Or Use Common Sense; There Are No

Credible Allegations Against Biden

In the Records of Him Acting

Inappropriately

Sexually

With
Children;

Just

Another

Ignorant

Orchestrated Conspiracy Theory...

Seriously, How Hard is it to FACT CHECK 'Stuff' 'these days'...

Seriously, It Doesn't take Much Longer Than 3 Seconds;
The Average Attention Span of A Human Being, Yes,

Literally Assessed By Science As

Less than A Gold Fish...

Oh!

So That's

Why Folks

Swallow All

These Bold Face Lies...
Not me Baby, My Attention
Span Dances

And Sings

Over Half the

Distance of the Globe...

YET, IT'S JUST THIS KIND OF
BLIND IGNORANCE THAT THREATENS

TO KEEP THE UNITED STATES IN A GLOBAL
PANDEMIC KILLING FIELD FOR FRIGGING YEARS...

Oh, Watered Down Humanity, How We Suffer For Our Ignorance...

FOR
REAL

Sheep, Blindy
Trusting Wolves For Eat...

'George Orwell', Might Agree....

'The Animal Farm' of Humanity Now in FULL PRODUCTION...

How What
We Domesticate

Reaps What We Sow... (US)

Superman Has A Cape and Wears Man Panties and Wears Hose...

Batman's Super Power is He's Rich and Has a Lot of Tools...
Yes, He Also Wears Man Panties And Wears Hose...

Hehe, My

Super Power

Is Attention Span And That's It...

True, i Don't Need Any 'Clothes' (Lies) At All...

in CuLTuRaL

Organized Deceit...

"Bearing False Witness''
The Way of Organized Deceit...

True, There is Both Toxic Competition And Toxic Cooperation...

Both Depend on Human CuLTuRaL Ignorance of the Nature We Are Innate...

In Other (More)

Words,

Watered

Down

Domesticated Humanity...
So Far Away From A Simple
Dance ToGeTHeR in Truth oF LiGHT

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/aug/12/facebook-posts/fact-checking-pedophilia-attacks-against-joe-biden/

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 9:21 am

You've got to be careful with "fact checks" aghogday, they are not oracles of truth, they are very manipulative and always strewn with deceptive cover-my-ass journalist language and statements. This fact check is set against the statement that Biden is a paedophile. This is true, the videos alone are certainly not enough to prove that. But read your excerpt again carefully.

On social media, the accusation is often accompanied by images, memes, GIFs and videos of Biden appearing to touch children inappropriately. The photos that are real often lack context. Others are not of him or have been deceptively edited to suggest something improper.

Breakdown:
- There are real photos and videos of Biden appearing to touch children inappropriately
- "Often" the photos lack context. Often is an opinion unless it was accompanied by a numerical count.
- Some have been edited.

Then they delve into two specific examples of lack of context.

This passage is obviously designed to prime someone into assuming that every such video or picture they see of this is doctored or taken out of context, "debunked" "conspiracy theory" etc. A more careful reading though, recalls that they have in fact admitted that:

There are real photos and videos of Biden appearing to touch children inappropriately.

Who fact checks the fact checkers?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 10:08 am

Mikah wrote:
You've got to be careful with "fact checks" aghogday, they are not oracles of truth, they are very manipulative and always strewn with deceptive cover-my-ass journalist language and statements. This fact check is set against the statement that Biden is a paedophile. This is true, the videos alone are certainly not enough to prove that. But read your excerpt again carefully.

Breakdown:
- There are real photos and videos of Biden appearing to touch children inappropriately
- "Often" the photos lack context. Often is an opinion unless it was accompanied by a numerical count.
- Some have been edited.

Then they delve into two specific examples of lack of context.

This passage is obviously designed to prime someone into assuming that every such video or picture they see of this is doctored or taken out of context, "debunked" "conspiracy theory" etc. A more careful reading though, recalls that they have in fact admitted that:

There are real photos and videos of Biden appearing to touch children inappropriately.

Who fact checks the fact checkers?

DUDE, THE FACT IS HE HASN'T

BEEN ACCUSED OF ANY

CRIME BY

ANY

Credible SOURCE...

That's the Bottom Line...

The rest of it is Speculation
at Best and False Witness For REAL.

Has He Made Anyone Uncomfortable
in Life; No Doubt Everyone Sees the World
Differently; Yet, Again NO CREDIBLE ALLEGATIONS...

This isn't Petty Theft...

If the Evidence Was

Real for the Criminal Offense of Sexually Abusing Children

There Would BE REAL CONSEQUENCES TO PAY...

In this case, It should be pretty Easy to Figure out

with Just Common sense...

Go figure...

Not Everyone is "French"
And Gives Everyone Kisses on the Cheek Either..

Context Baby, It's All About the Cultural Context...

It's Like All of my Close to 60 Years-Old at the Dance
Hall Before Covid-19 Shut-it Down; And Two Young Adult
Women Just Barely 21 Or So; As Yes Everyone is Carded in the Bar...

Both of them Coming Up to the Old Free Dancing Dude Fearless of
me And Grinding their Hips On my Crotch to Get Some Kind of Rise out of me...

And Then Asking For my 'Number'...

Was it A Criminal Offense?

Did i Ask For them to
'Attack my Crotch' With Their Hips...

Context Baby Context; They Understood

The Cultural Context And Brought it All On me;

And Even After i Showed Them my I.D. to Prove i am
Born on 6.6.60, All They Showed me is a 'Devilish Grin'...

In Short,

i Did Not

Further

'Investigate' Their

Motives And it Was
Flattering they Assessed
me at Age 35 For A More
Reasonable 'Sugar Daddy' Age...

i've Been 'Molested' By 'Strange Women'
Off And ON Most of my Life; Sure, i've Seen
Life As 'The Nutty Professor' And Felt it as 'Buddy Love' too...

Yet, Wait, i am Drifting

Off into What Does or

Does not make an

'Incel' Angry Or Sad; Biden

Was No Incel in Youth;

He Was a "Lady's Man..."

(Getting into Anecdotal Land)

What this Means; It's Less Likely

That He's A Predator For Little Girls...

Or Any Other Kind of 'Incel' Who Harms Women...

i'd be a Lot More Concerned If Some 'Loser

Authority Figure' did it in Church...

Or State; It's Hard Not for me

To See Who Has

'Little Man

Syndrome' Or Not...

And Yes, In Someways

It's Obvious that Biden Has Self-Esteem Issues...

Stuttering is A Life-Long Source of Folks Shooting You Down...

That

Much

Is Understandable AND REAL...

POLITIFACT IS A CREDIBLE SOURCE OF FACT
CHECKING INFORMATION; YOUR VIDEOS ARE NOT...

FIND A MORE CREDIBLE SOURCE IF YA WANNA CONVINCE ME

more than

who checks
the fact checkers...

And True The Way The Videos
Are Presented is Obviously Disturbing

Until one TAKES THE EFFORT TO FACT CHECK

what should be Obvious as the Dude is THE PRESIDENT

OF THE UNITED STATES...

And has no

Credible Allegations

Where Trump Frigging

Admitted What He Did;

(P Grabbing By Force of Power)

And Even Promised Folks Would

Still Support Him, if He Shot Someone
on 5th Avenue; As He Presented a Role
Model For Dangerous Behavior Unmasked

The Whole Way of his 'Covidiocracy'...

Let's Stick
With Facts...

At Least i will...

Meanwhile, Biden Isn't
Inciting Deadly Insurrections
To Over Throw Democracy Validated
By McConnell, The Top of the Republican

Senate When it Happened...

Along With
McCarthy...

Top 'Dog'

Republican

From 'the

House'...

Two Men
With No
Spine, Obviously

With 'Little Man' Syndrome too...

Not Following Through

With Any Real Human

Honor And Integrity...

Again, Biden Hasn't

Proven He's 'Pure Real Evil' Yet...

When You Find a Credible Source
He is 'Evil', i Will Surely Give it a Look...

Meanwhile, Trump And His Minions
Have Fallen ALL THE WAY Down on THE LIFE JOB...

And True Biden is Far From Perfect Yet At Least Mostly A 'Real Man'...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 10:35 am

VegetableMan wrote:
The problem is the DNC will never allow candidates like Sanders to get the nomination. The system is rigged in favor of the corporate shills like Biden. The corporate donor class runs everything.

What's needed is a sufficiently well-organized grassroots mass movement to counterbalance the power of the corporate donor class.

As I've said earlier, I don't think the movement should focus on building a new political party. If that's the focus, the new party -- if it ever succeeds in replacing one of major parties, which is highly unlikely -- will just get co-opted by lobbyists representing corporations and rich folks too.

Instead the movement should focus primarily on organizing people around specific issues. At first, the issues will need to be primarily local. For example, organizing for protection of renters, in states that don't already have laws protecting renters. Or, in places where housing prices are inordinantly high, organizing against the restrictive zoning laws that keep prices artificially high.

It's much easier to organize at a local level, around local issues, than at a national level, around national issues. Once enough local groups exist, they can then join forces to organize around relevant national issues.

A sufficiently well-organized grassroots movement will be able to do its own counter-lobbying and will also be able to help progressive candidates get elected -- first at the local level, and then at a national level if and when the movement becomes sufficiently well-organized in enough different locales.

That's how all successful or even semi-successful grassroots political movements work. That's how the LGBTQ+ rights movement got off the ground, for example.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:13 am

VegetableMan wrote:
I don't know about ya'll, but I was seriously impressed at how hard Biden and the Dems fought for all the people who face eviction. I have such a warm and fuzzy feeling about them now.

Biden and the Dems would have fought a lot harder for them if there were a well-organized mass movement representing the interests of renters at both the local and national levels. Then again, if such a well-organized mass movement existed, we might have been able to elect an at least somewhat more progressive president in the first place.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:27 am

I never liked any president we've had in the last almost 30 years I've been alive.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:36 am

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:

Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.

As I have said, on many occasions, the corruption of the political elite, on either side of the political divide, was responsible for Trump gaining the presidency.
Oh, Oh, Oh! And Hillary helped big time, too! 8)

Exactly Pepe.
Its also worth noting that the Republicans tried incredibly hard to defeat Trump and outspent him by millions. The entire DC elite is a corrupt cabal both Rs and Ds.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:37 am

There's a movement surrounding Medicare For All that's gaining soms traction, but it's having little effect on the Democrats -- not even the so called progressives. Rather than talk to the people holding a rally outside her office, AOC just closed shop for the day.

I still believe third-party is the only path forward. If the number of supporters gets high enough, it will at least scare the crap out of the Dems, realizing a lot of votes could be siphoned away from their candidate.

Oscar Meyer Lansky