Page 35 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 60  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
In all fairness, that's like asking to talk about what's so great about Lincoln without the context of the Civil War.

So you're saying you can't name anything particularly great about Biden without the Trump comparison? I mean, my position on him is that he's a terminal mediocrity whose only selling point was not being Donald Trump, but many Democrats seem to have a hard time admitting that.

You're not taking into consideration that Biden has to clean up Trump's mess, much like Obama had to clean up Bush's.
While it might not be considered so important to those among "the haves," Biden certainly helped plenty of people with his stimulus payments, as well as his child tax credit.

How did Obama clean up Bush's mess? I see complete continuity between the two administrations.

He kept big business from destroying themselves and the country with his bail outs, not because he loves business and financial oligarchs, but for the millions of ordinary Americans who would have been left out of work and destitute.

Ha! If you really believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Would you like to get into a conversation about the multiple ways Obama screwed over working people in this country, ramped up the wars, expanded the surveillance state, and rolled over for his corporate benefactors at every turn?

I wouldn't if I were you.

Regardless, millions of jobs were saved. Plus he killed Bin Laden... on my birthday, no less!! !

Some more to add to Obama's horrible legacy:

He didn't stand up for indigenous people protecting their water furing DAPL protests. He thumbed his nose at the people of Flint wihen asked for a glass of water speaking to the people. He let police crack heads at the Occupy Wall Street protests.

As far as your claim that Obama saved millions of jobs, I don't think so.

https://www.forbes.com/2011/06/21/bailo ... 48adfd6b80

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 3:24 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
In all fairness, that's like asking to talk about what's so great about Lincoln without the context of the Civil War.

So you're saying you can't name anything particularly great about Biden without the Trump comparison? I mean, my position on him is that he's a terminal mediocrity whose only selling point was not being Donald Trump, but many Democrats seem to have a hard time admitting that.

You're not taking into consideration that Biden has to clean up Trump's mess, much like Obama had to clean up Bush's.
While it might not be considered so important to those among "the haves," Biden certainly helped plenty of people with his stimulus payments, as well as his child tax credit.

How did Obama clean up Bush's mess? I see complete continuity between the two administrations.

He kept big business from destroying themselves and the country with his bail outs, not because he loves business and financial oligarchs, but for the millions of ordinary Americans who would have been left out of work and destitute.

Would you like to get into a conversation about the multiple ways Obama screwed over working people in this country, ramped up the wars, expanded the surveillance state, and rolled over for his corporate benefactors at every turn?

Regardless, millions of jobs were saved. Plus he killed Bin Laden... on my birthday, no less!! !

He didn't stand up for indigenous people protecting their water furing DAPL protests. He thumbed his nose at the people of Flint wihen asked for a glass of water speaking to the people. He let police crack heads at the Occupy Wall Street protests.

Still a damn sight better than Trump.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 5:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Could you explain how, from a policy perspective?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 7:12 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Obama was never Putin's b*tch, as Trump was. He had the respect and trust of our allies, while Trump was ready to dissolve NATO, and was always sucking up to the Russian strongman, a known enemy. Plus, Obama never did anything so embarrassingly ridiculous as trying to buy Greenland.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:29 pm

*biden didn't try his damndest to take away affordable health care from roughly 31 million AMERICAN CITIZENS.
*biden didn't appoint the sociopathic sister of noted psychopath eric prince, to run the education department into the ground.
*biden didn't appoint a flunky to run the USPS into the ground by design, as well as do the same thing to many other gov't agencies.
*biden didn't give the .1% a free ride on taxes THE REST OF US CITIZENS HAVE TO PAY. :x
*biden didn't besmirch the office into a temple for mammon and extortion and indecent self-dealing.
*biden didn't make me utterly ashamed to show my face around my foreign friends. :oops:
*biden didn't try to take away my gov't pension.
*biden didn't make me wince everytime i hear him speak or read about what he spoke.
*biden didn't openly consort with poootin and make kissy-face with that NK nutjob.
and finally-
*biden isn't the one blatantly trying to drown our democratic system in the bathtub.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That's not saying much. George W was a damn sight better than Trump too.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:04 pm

I never loved Biden but he won the election legally.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:04 pm

Axeman wrote:

I don't know about that, W did get us into two wars, one of them completely unnecessary, and really sped up the whole imperial presidency thing that's still causing us so much trouble, to say nothing of the torture and other security state abuses. Trump was incompetent and unbecoming of the office, but I think W was objectively a worse president.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:07 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Axeman wrote:

I don't know about that, W did get us into two wars, one of them completely unnecessary, and really sped up the whole imperial presidency thing that's still causing us so much trouble, to say nothing of the torture and other security state abuses. Trump was incompetent and unbecoming of the office, but I think W was objectively a worse president.

And hey W successfully stole an election. :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:49 pm

how soon everybody forgot about that. the Dotard blew all the previous ones into the memory hole.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 12:54 am

auntblabby wrote:
*biden didn't try his damndest to take away affordable health care from roughly 31 million AMERICAN CITIZENS.
*biden didn't appoint the sociopathic sister of noted psychopath eric prince, to run the education department into the ground.
*biden didn't appoint a flunky to run the USPS into the ground by design, as well as do the same thing to many other gov't agencies.
*biden didn't give the .1% a free ride on taxes THE REST OF US CITIZENS HAVE TO PAY. :x
*biden didn't besmirch the office into a temple for mammon and extortion and indecent self-dealing.
*biden didn't make me utterly ashamed to show my face around my foreign friends. :oops:
*biden didn't try to take away my gov't pension.
*biden didn't make me wince everytime i hear him speak or read about what he spoke.
*biden didn't openly consort with poootin and make kissy-face with that NK nutjob.
and finally-
*biden isn't the one blatantly trying to drown our democratic system in the bathtub.

8) 8) 8)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 11:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Obama was never Putin's b*tch, as Trump was. He had the respect and trust of our allies, while Trump was ready to dissolve NATO, and was always sucking up to the Russian strongman, a known enemy. Plus, Obama never did anything so embarrassingly ridiculous as trying to buy Greenland.

I don't agree with dissolving NATO, but Trump certainly wasn't the first to suggest it. The Greenland thing was a joke.

As far as Trump being Putin's "b***h", that's an evidence-free conspiracy theory. If he was truly being controlled by Putin, he never would have bombed Syria.

I'm not sure why we're talking about Trump, though. What does he have to do with Obama's or Biden's crimes? Are you suggesting that we shouldn't hold polticians accountable for their corruption just because somebody is allegedly worse? Biden and Obama, along with the Clinton's and the Bushs, are why we got Trump in the first place. It seems to defy logic that we expect putting another right wing corporate Democrat in office is going to improve anything.

It makes no sense to me.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 6:33 pm

Agrees with the above post,, and in addition .. it was while trump was in that we gound out about Hinter Bidens private enterprise interactions with the Ukraine and it had been written somewhere that Hunter was holding up military supplies to the Ukraine , while Russia was taking over part of the Country.
It order to persuade the Ukrainian goverment into doing business with Hunter.
(Btw incase in wasnt clear Hunter Biden is Joe Bidens son .) 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 7:58 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I don't agree with dissolving NATO, but Trump certainly wasn't the first to suggest it. The Greenland thing was a joke.

As far as Trump being Putin's "b***h", that's an evidence-free conspiracy theory. If he was truly being controlled by Putin, he never would have bombed Syria.

I'm not sure why we're talking about Trump, though. What does he have to do with Obama's or Biden's crimes? Are you suggesting that we shouldn't hold polticians accountable for their corruption just because somebody is allegedly worse? Biden and Obama, along with the Clinton's and the Bushs, are why we got Trump in the first place. It seems to defy logic that we expect putting another right wing corporate Democrat in office is going to improve anything.

It makes no sense to me.

Obama wasn't perfect, but at least he was far more competent than that narcissistic orange bag of vanity. Trump could be easily manipulated by the strongmen he idolized, and wanted to be one of. That includes Putin. I don't recall one word of criticism of Putin out of Trump's mouth. With Obama, I always knew where he stood as leader of the free world.
Sorry, but I hardly think buying Greenland was a joke.
While hate groups grew under Obama's watch, it was due to the hatred of a black President these groups felt. They grew even larger under Trump because he flew his bigotry like a flag, demonizing Latinos as rapists and murderers, and denigrating non-white immigrants. Woodward's new book sites how Trump was slow to attack the Charlottesville Unite The Right demonstrators, because he felt he'd be "backstabbing his voters."

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 11:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It makes no sense to me.

Obama wasn't perfect, but at least he was far more competent than that narcissistic orange bag of vanity. Trump could be easily manipulated by the strongmen he idolized, and wanted to be one of. That includes Putin. I don't recall one word of criticism of Putin out of Trump's mouth. With Obama, I always knew where he stood as leader of the free world.
Sorry, but I hardly think buying Greenland was a joke.
While hate groups grew under Obama's watch, it was due to the hatred of a black President these groups felt. They grew even larger under Trump because he flew his bigotry like a flag, demonizing Latinos as rapists and murderers, and denigrating non-white immigrants. Woodward's new book sites how Trump was slow to attack the Charlottesville Unite The Right demonstrators, because he felt he'd be "backstabbing his voters."

Trump's misadventures are just not relevant to the conversation. You are an apologist for Democratic crimes like nobody I've ever seen. I haven't played the lesser of two evils game for over a decade, and I never will again.

Getting rid of Trump was a good thing, but this country will continue to circle the drain if the masses don't get out of the left vs. right paradigm.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 12:21 pm

Agrees with above post : considering right VS Left paradigm

where ever you go ,there you are