Page 36 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 60  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 12:29 pm

Jakki wrote:
Agrees with above post : considering right VS Left paradigm

It's the old "divide and conquer" tactic. Keep people bickering amongst themselves, while the ruling elite continue to laugh all the way to the bank.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 1:44 pm

above post , Very Good . very succinct and to the point ..... am very fearful and disturbing that the majority of the population are not seeing this ! :(

where ever you go ,there you are

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:23 pm

Worst case scenario, Biden son could fit in the role of his dad, like it's happening in Canada nowadays...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:32 pm

our political system forces the people to choose the lesser of two evils. we need a third major party yesterday already.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 7:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:
our political system forces the people to choose the lesser of two evils. we need a third major party yesterday already.

Closest thing we have to that is the Libertarians, and their views are the exact opposite of Progressives like yourself. Other non Dem/Rep parties do exist in the US but are usually made up of people way on one extreme (like the Constitution party, essentially so called Soverign Citizens) or that cater to a single issue.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 7:03 pm

Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Closest thing we have to that is the Libertarians, and their views are the exact opposite of Progressives like yourself. Other non Dem/Rep parties do exist in the US but are usually made up of people way on one extreme (like the Constitution party, essentially so called Soverign Citizens) or that cater to a single issue.

we need a true american liberal party/progressive democratic party. the DINOs need to be purged from the democratic party the same way the GOP purged all the non-trumpies. that would form a fairly stable centrist party like most other western nations have long had. our present system is either too hot or too cold.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 7:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

we need a true american liberal party/progressive democratic party. the DINOs need to be purged from the democratic party the same way the GOP purged all the non-trumpies. that would form a fairly stable centrist party like most other western nations have long had.

Well, I think the Progressives do need to leave the Democrats and form their own party (call it the Radical Liberal party or some such) and the facists, Q nut jobs, KKK types, and etc need to be forcibly purged from the Republicans. Let them call themselves the QAnon Trumpsterfire nasto goon squad

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 7:27 pm

Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

we need a true american liberal party/progressive democratic party. the DINOs need to be purged from the democratic party the same way the GOP purged all the non-trumpies. that would form a fairly stable centrist party like most other western nations have long had.

Well, I think the Progressives do need to leave the Democrats and form their own party (call it the Radical Liberal party or some such) and the facists, Q nut jobs, KKK types, and etc need to be forcibly purged from the Republicans. Let them call themselves the QAnon Trumpsterfire nasto goon squad

i am reminded of the old saying, "if you took the greed out of wall street, all that'd be left is the pavement." if you took the nastiness out of the GOP there'd be nothing left as all the reasonable GOPers were long ago purged by the trumpians.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 7:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i am reminded of the old saying, "if you took the greed out of wall street, all that'd be left is the pavement." if you took the nastiness out of the GOP there'd be nothing left as all the reasonable GOPers were long ago purged by the trumpians.

Not true. There are still plenty of reasonable Republicans who still represent the party founded by Abraham Lincoln. They are the real GOP.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 8:04 pm

Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Axeman wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Not true. There are still plenty of reasonable Republicans who still represent the party founded by Abraham Lincoln. They are the real GOP.

are they still in the party as members in good standing? they haven't been purged?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 10:52 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Getting rid of Trump was a good thing, but this country will continue to circle the drain if the masses don't get out of the left vs. right paradigm.

I don't agree with you often, but this is spot on.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 11:11 pm

the PTB have to be overthrown first. i'm talking about the megabillionaires in echelons beyond reality.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 12:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
the PTB have to be overthrown first. i'm talking about the megabillionaires in echelons beyond reality.

sad but true.

where ever you go ,there you are

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 8:47 pm

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 10:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
In all fairness, that's like asking to talk about what's so great about Lincoln without the context of the Civil War.

So you're saying you can't name anything particularly great about Biden without the Trump comparison? I mean, my position on him is that he's a terminal mediocrity whose only selling point was not being Donald Trump, but many Democrats seem to have a hard time admitting that.

You're not taking into consideration that Biden has to clean up Trump's mess, much like Obama had to clean up Bush's.
While it might not be considered so important to those among "the haves," Biden certainly helped plenty of people with his stimulus payments, as well as his child tax credit.

How did Obama clean up Bush's mess? I see complete continuity between the two administrations.

He kept big business from destroying themselves and the country with his bail outs, not because he loves business and financial oligarchs, but for the millions of ordinary Americans who would have been left out of work and destitute.

Ha! If you really believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Would you like to get into a conversation about the multiple ways Obama screwed over working people in this country, ramped up the wars, expanded the surveillance state, and rolled over for his corporate benefactors at every turn?

I wouldn't if I were you.

Regardless, millions of jobs were saved. Plus he killed Bin Laden... on my birthday, no less!! !

Some more to add to Obama's horrible legacy:

He didn't stand up for indigenous people protecting their water furing DAPL protests. He thumbed his nose at the people of Flint wihen asked for a glass of water speaking to the people. He let police crack heads at the Occupy Wall Street protests.

As far as your claim that Obama saved millions of jobs, I don't think so.

https://www.forbes.com/2011/06/21/bailo ... 48adfd6b80

Still a damn sight better than Trump.

In social harmony, yes.
In economics, I don't think so, imo.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 10:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
In all fairness, that's like asking to talk about what's so great about Lincoln without the context of the Civil War.

So you're saying you can't name anything particularly great about Biden without the Trump comparison? I mean, my position on him is that he's a terminal mediocrity whose only selling point was not being Donald Trump, but many Democrats seem to have a hard time admitting that.

You're not taking into consideration that Biden has to clean up Trump's mess, much like Obama had to clean up Bush's.
While it might not be considered so important to those among "the haves," Biden certainly helped plenty of people with his stimulus payments, as well as his child tax credit.

How did Obama clean up Bush's mess? I see complete continuity between the two administrations.

He kept big business from destroying themselves and the country with his bail outs, not because he loves business and financial oligarchs, but for the millions of ordinary Americans who would have been left out of work and destitute.

Ha! If you really believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Would you like to get into a conversation about the multiple ways Obama screwed over working people in this country, ramped up the wars, expanded the surveillance state, and rolled over for his corporate benefactors at every turn?

I wouldn't if I were you.

Regardless, millions of jobs were saved. Plus he killed Bin Laden... on my birthday, no less!! !

Some more to add to Obama's horrible legacy:

He didn't stand up for indigenous people protecting their water furing DAPL protests. He thumbed his nose at the people of Flint wihen asked for a glass of water speaking to the people. He let police crack heads at the Occupy Wall Street protests.

As far as your claim that Obama saved millions of jobs, I don't think so.

https://www.forbes.com/2011/06/21/bailo ... 48adfd6b80

Still a damn sight better than Trump.

Could you explain how, from a policy perspective?

Obama was never Putin's b*tch, as Trump was. He had the respect and trust of our allies, while Trump was ready to dissolve NATO, and was always sucking up to the Russian strongman, a known enemy. Plus, Obama never did anything so embarrassingly ridiculous as trying to buy Greenland.

I haven't read anything/k about Trump trying to dissolve NATO.
My understanding is Trump wanted NATO to pull its financial weight.
Why would you have a problem with that?
American isn't NATO's biatch, right?

Trump was also "sucking up" to the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un.
Trump was a peacemaker, not a warmonger, based on his actions.
Why would you have a problem with that?
Do you like wars? <rhetorical question>

Yes, Trump was embarrassing, at times. :oops: