Sanjay Gupta admits lies surrounding horse dewormer

Page 9 of 23 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 7:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
ThisTimelessMoment wrote:
For a nuanced conversation around this Rogan podcast, and one of the better conversations in general check out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C1RIaZ7RCzw

Rebel wisdom is an excellent channel!

The video basically glosses over that Gupta felt intimidated in the presence of Rogan and then followed this with an interview on CNN with Don Lemon where he retracted part of what he said to Rogan preferring to tow the CDC line (I posted the link on the CDC view of Ivermectin) and suggest that Ivermectin is a veterinary drug for horses and cows,

Gupta probably was a little in awe of Rogan so (yes) there was a lot of admiration flowing from Gupta's mouth where the two of them were complimenting each other on how they admired how each of them think. However, I Gupta used this as a "get of jail" when asked to explain himself to Lemon reverted to the CDC line.

Gupta isn't my cup of tea but I think people are making a big deal about nothing.

Sanjay was probably concerned with losing his gig at CNN. He is there to be the go to "expert" to validated the narrative of the day.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 5:03 pm

How is Rogan an expert at anything? He wasn't even that great of a comedian when he was part of the replacement duo on The Man Show. I'll go with a legitimate doctor like Sanjay.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 5:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

He got into that mess because he was brainstorming on a subject he didn't understand.

We used to throw ideas "on the table" where I used to work.
Appropriate at a boardroom table.
Not appropriate in front of the global media. :mrgreen:

This was an example of "Illusionary Superiority", and he paid dearly, in terms of credibility, for that indiscretion. 8O

Even in brainstorming, I think one has to display common sense to be taken seriously.

Nope.
We threw any idea on the table, no matter how odd.
Strange ideas can inspire better concepts.
I suspect you have never worked in a creativity dependent industry. :scratch:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 5:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
How is Rogan an expert at anything? He wasn't even that great of a comedian when he was part of the replacement duo on The Man Show. I'll go with a legitimate doctor like Sanjay.

I'll give Rogan some credit, he's evolved since his days on the "man show". Certainly an improvement on Kimmell.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 7:24 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

He got into that mess because he was brainstorming on a subject he didn't understand.

We used to throw ideas "on the table" where I used to work.
Appropriate at a boardroom table.
Not appropriate in front of the global media. :mrgreen:

This was an example of "Illusionary Superiority", and he paid dearly, in terms of credibility, for that indiscretion. 8O

Even in brainstorming, I think one has to display common sense to be taken seriously.

Nope.
We threw any idea on the table, no matter how odd.
Strange ideas can inspire better concepts.
I suspect you have never worked in a creativity dependent industry. :scratch:

A previous place I worked at (international company) did something similar, looking for any potential "health and safety" issues through team-based brainstorming sessions, and someone sarcastically suggested adding the risk of spiders under desks biting people - Some months later the head office (overseas) sent out torches and gloves to be used\worn if doing anything under the desk (plugging in power cables, etc) to protect against spider bites, with this added to "health and safety" requirements for offices in Australia (possibly also overseas).

They also sent out safety box cutters, along with kevlar gloves to prevent people suffering cuts while using them, despite the fact the blade was recessed some distance back inside a 1-2mm wide opening, where it would be impossible to cut yourself unless intentionally trying to do so.

Common sense was clearly not a requirement behind the brainstorming suggestions being taken seriously.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 7:30 pm

I don’t want one of those giant Australian spiders under my desk.No thanky.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 7:42 pm

Misslizard wrote:

It's not the big ones you need to watch out for... Those ones are relatively harmless.

Besides, spiders are very rare in offices to begin with, due to "air curtains" at entry\exit locations, the airconditioning\ventilation for the building, and cleaning performed outside office hours... If they manage to survive entry to the building, there's no food for them, either, so they wouldn't last too long.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 8:27 pm

/\ Same here with spiders, the tarantulas and wolf spiders are harmless ,it’s the smaller brown recluse and black widows that cause trouble.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 11:32 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

It's not the big ones you need to watch out for... Those ones are relatively harmless.

Besides, spiders are very rare in offices to begin with, due to "air curtains" at entry\exit locations, the airconditioning\ventilation for the building, and cleaning performed outside office hours... If they manage to survive entry to the building, there's no food for them, either, so they wouldn't last too long.

One human could sustain a thousand hunter spiders for a lifetime. :mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 11:40 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

One human could sustain a thousand hunter spiders for a lifetime. :mrgreen:

There is that.

Now, is that scratching noise coming from my speakers, or is it being caused by lots of movement in the wall behind them, as it seems to be getting louder...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 11:57 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 1:16 am

Misslizard wrote:

I remember that Farside cartoon!

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 2:19 am

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 2:39 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 4:14 am

Brictoria wrote:

What makes the former Mr. Katy Perry an expert of anything?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 5:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

What makes the former Mr. Katy Perry an expert of anything?

Where did anyone claim that he was an expert?

Please be specific, as I don't recall seeing any such claim made - I would like to make sure I'm not imagining that nobody made such a claim...

Or is this another example of "attacking the messenger" because what they say doesn't align with what you wish to be true?