Sanjay Gupta admits lies surrounding horse dewormer

Page 11 of 23 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:15 pm

KarenN33 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I know seven people that have died from covid.I don’t know anyone who had died from the vaccine.
It has already been addressed on this thread that it is used for human use , for parasites.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supple ... 064397?p=1
Where are you getting that info about death by vaccine?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SL1N2R00KP

Please show where that many have died from the vaccine.A credible source please.

Well I'm sorry they didn't get the life saving treatments available. Did they die with covid? Or from it? I heard of a couple of people dying from covid. A family friend's brother had covid bad last year and didn't mention this when he went for his jab. He is now in a coma and brain dead. I know people who died cause of lockdown and numerous people who have not been right since their second jab. I know numerous people who have taken Ivermectin and they are fine.

I can't login to your site. But I remember there has been like 80 deaths from Ivermectin in a few decades.

VAERS is the adverse reaction system in the US. It's a federal crime to out false information in. The EU system has picked up well over 20,000 deaths. Maddie De Garay a 12 year old girl who was in the Pfizer trial is now paralyzed in a wheelchair and has a feeding tube. Her parents were told anxiety caused it.

Covid.It was before the vaccine was available.All drugs have potential side effects.Even aspirin and other over the counter drugs.
CDC website says around 8,000 have died from vaccine side effects.That’s a lot fewer than the total deaths from covid.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... %20vaccine.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

What makes the former Mr. Katy Perry an expert of anything?

Where did anyone claim that he was an expert?

Please be specific, as I don't recall seeing any such claim made - I would like to make sure I'm not imagining that nobody made such a claim...

Or is this another example of "attacking the messenger" because what they say doesn't align with what you wish to be true?

If he's attacking a man of medical expertise like Dr. Gupta, then yes, I am attacking the former Mr. Katy Perry.

And...Returning to the original positioning of the goal-posts:

Please be specific, as I don't recall seeing any such claim made - I would like to make sure I'm not imagining that nobody made such a claim...

As to the issue that Mr Rogan and Mr Gupta were discussing: It was about how a human medication that Mr Rogan was taking was being presented as a livestock medication by Mr Gupta's employer, for which Mr Gupta is the "Chief Medical Correspondant, and so should both be aware that these are different products, and that therefore CNN was both knowingly providing misinformation, and also potentially defaming Mr Rogan.

The point of contention was in regards to the difference between saying someone is "taking a substance that is more commonly found in livestock medication" (which wouldn't have been an issue), as opposed to saying someone is "taking livestock medication" (which was what CNN was presenting)...A subtle, but important difference.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 7:04 pm

KarenN33 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
KarenN33 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
KarenN33 wrote:
It won a Nobel Prize for treating river blindness in Africa. It's not about beliefs. It's proven.

Cool that it can cure blindness, then. I also know of Americans who have taken dewormer have died from Covid, or from overdosing on the stuff meant for animals.

That was another fake story pushed by a doctor that was no longer at the hospital which the hospital had to come out and debunk. Best not to rely on mainstream/corporate media which is funded by big pharma. Ivermectin is one of the safest drugs around. If you're worried about people dying from drugs try worrying about the 16,000 + Americans that have died from the covid jabs noted on the VAERS system.

Ivermectin has the potential for significant side-effects even in instances where it's being used in an approved manner:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5929173/

Every drug has potential side effects. At least we have decades of data on it. If you're worried about side effects then I'm guessing you are very worried about the amount of deaths and adverse reactions from a technology never used on humans before that didn't go through normal procedures?

Based on reported side-effects of the vaccine vs. common side-effects of COVID I wished I had the chance to get it before I got COVID so I wouldn't be dealing with long-haul COVID symptoms that have f****d up my heart and lungs.

You're trying to compare ivermectin based on it's record for what it's prescribed for but in this case ivermectin has virtually no research whatsoever in regards to COVID, so it's not an honest comparison. The whole comparison isn't reasonable it's just concern trolling largely motivated by disinformation.

I'm not interested in engaging with the tactics, I'd just strongly advise people to take adequate measures to avoid having to spend the rest of their life feeling like they have severe bronchitis and chest pains. You do you, if you end up like me or earn a Herman Cain Award no one can say you weren't warned.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 7:35 pm

Even WaPo thinks CNN lied:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ent-gupta/

Quote:
So there’s an animal application and human application for ivermectin. What separates the two? A lot, as it turns out. An ivermectin dose for horses can be as high as 1,200 milligrams, according to Scott Phillips of the Washington Poison Center in Seattle. “It’s really the dose that makes the poison,” says Phillips — even too much tap water or salt can be poisonous.

With those considerations in mind, consider how CNN framed Rogan’s use of ivermectin.

*On Sept. 1, CNN host Erin Burnett said: “Controversial podcast host Joe Rogan, who’s railed against vaccine requirements, says he has covid and took a drug intended for livestock.” She articulated similar descriptions two additional times before interviewing a doctor and noting that the drug is prescribed for people as well.

*The same day, CNN host Anderson Cooper said, “One of those drugs he mentioned, ivermectin, is something more often used to deworm horses.” On that same show, CNN chief media correspondent Brian Stelter said, “When you have a horse deworming medication that’s discouraged by the government that actually causes some people in this crazy environment we’re in to actually want to try it. That’s the upside down where we’re in with figures like Joe Rogan.” Leana S. Wen — also a Post contributing columnist — later added the critical context that the drug “is used in humans for things like parasites and scabies.”

*Also that day, host Don Lemon said, “The United States is now averaging 160,455 new covid-19 cases every day, including controversial podcast host Joe Rogan saying that he tested positive for covid and that he says he is taking several medications including a drug meant for deworming livestock.”

*On Sept. 3, CNN political commentator Bakari Sellers said, “I think the unfortunate part about all of this is you have individuals like Joe Rogan, for example, who don’t want to take an experimental vaccine but will take horse dewormer.”

*And on Sept. 4, anchor Jim Acosta played Rogan’s disclosure video and said, “In case you missed it, Rogan said ivermectin. Yes, that’s the deworming medicine made to kill parasites in farm animals and, weirdly, is being promoted by right-wing media figures and even some politicians as a covid treatment.”

There’s a reason for reciting these transcripts. They turn up a consistent formulation from multiple CNN voices that surely wasn’t a sober recitation of the facts. By highlighting that ivermectin is a horse dewormer, and downplaying that ivermectin has important uses for people, CNN facilitates a certain assumption among its viewers. Namely, that Rogan had been haunting the aisles of Tractor Supply.

After hearing Rogan’s concerns about how CNN cast the issue, Gupta said, “They shouldn’t have said that.”

Quote:
Yet CNN’s statement sounds more like the work of an advocacy group than a journalism outfit. The “issue,” actually, begins and ends with the integrity of CNN’s content. If we take Rogan’s prescription claim at face value — and CNN hasn’t challenged it — then the network’s coverage was slanted in some cases and straight-up incorrect in others. “[I]f you’re prescribed the FDA human version [of ivermectin] then you’re not taking a horse pill,” notes Phillips in an email.

So in this instance, you don’t have to endorse Rogan to abhor CNN’s coverage of this topic. Here’s a network, after all, that prides itself on impeccable factual hygiene, a place where there’s no conceptual hair too fine to split, no political statement too sprawling to flyspeck. It’s tough living by your own standards. If CNN wants to describe ivermectin in a way that doesn’t slime the people who take it, the Guardian provides a fine template: “a drug used against parasites in humans and livestock.”

Doesn't matter if Ivermectin works on covid or not, CNN lied about it and is continuing to lie about their own dishonesty. They're not a trustworthy source, and should be treated accordingly.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:03 pm

KarenN33 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
KarenN33 wrote:
It won a Nobel Prize for treating river blindness in Africa. It's not about beliefs. It's proven.

Cool that it can cure blindness, then. I also know of Americans who have taken dewormer have died from Covid, or from overdosing on the stuff meant for animals.

That was another fake story pushed by a doctor that was no longer at the hospital which the hospital had to come out and debunk. Best not to rely on mainstream/corporate media which is funded by big pharma. Ivermectin is one of the safest drugs around. If you're worried about people dying from drugs try worrying about the 16,000 + Americans that have died from the covid jabs noted on the VAERS system.

Sorry, but I put as much trust in cattle dewormer as I do in people who think the Covid vaccine is a means of installing a microchip in your body, or to alter your DNA so Jesus can't raise you from the dead at the End Time.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:05 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
KarenN33 wrote:

Do you know someone personally who died from an overdose of Ivermectin? Can you elaborate?

No I don't. But neither do I know anyone personally who had died of the Covid Vaccine, either, despite the fact that Tucker Carlson says vaccinated people are dropping like flies.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:06 pm

Haven’t heard the Jesus one.LOL
If he could turn water into wine I’m sure he could correct altered DNA.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:09 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

Or is this another example of "attacking the messenger" because what they say doesn't align with what you wish to be true?

If he's attacking a man of medical expertise like Dr. Gupta, then yes, I am attacking the former Mr. Katy Perry.

As to the issue that Mr Rogan and Mr Gupta were discussing: It was about how a human medication that Mr Rogan was taking was being presented as a livestock medication by Mr Gupta's employer, for which Mr Gupta is the "Chief Medical Correspondant, and so should both be aware that these are different products, and that therefore CNN was both knowingly providing misinformation, and also potentially defaming Mr Rogan.

The point of contention was in regards to the difference between saying someone is "taking a substance that is more commonly found in livestock medication" (which wouldn't have been an issue), as opposed to saying someone is "taking livestock medication" (which was what CNN was presenting)...A subtle, but important difference.

The former Mr. Katy Perry feels he's qualified enough to attack Dr. Gupta, so that in itself implies he's some sort of authority on the subject.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:10 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Haven’t heard the Jesus one.LOL
If he could turn water into wine I’m sure he could correct altered DNA.

You'd think!

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:19 pm

^^^

Nope, The Opinion Writer for the
Washington Post DID NOT SAY
CNN LIED ABOUT ROGAN TAKING

A DRUG NOT AUTHORIZED FOR USE
TO TREAT COVID-19; Only that the
Coverage Was Slanted And Incorrect in part.

From the Article in Question:

Quote:
"Given that a prominent CNN personality agreed with a strong critique of his own colleagues, we placed the matter before the network’s PR department. They issued this statement:

[The heart of this debate has been purposely confused and ultimately lost. It’s never been about livestock versus human dosage of Ivermectin. The issue is that a powerful voice in the media, who by example and through his platform, sowed doubt in the proven and approved science of vaccines while promoting the use of an unproven treatment for covid-19 — a drug developed to ward off parasites in farm animals. The only thing CNN did wrong here was bruise the ego of a popular podcaster who pushed dangerous conspiracy theories and risked the lives of millions of people in doing so.]

"That’s quite the statement, and it makes some good points. Though ivermectin is used for scabies and river blindness and the like, the Food and Drug Administration advises against its use for covid, saying that existing data “do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19.” Doctors have been prescribing it for covid in any case, and some people have sought the drug from veterinary suppliers. “As long as the drug is approved for some humans, it seems to me irrelevant that it’s approved for animals, except that this is the way that people have gone about procuring the drug and in so doing have put themselves at risk,” says Peter Lurie, president of the Center for Science in the Public Interest and a former FDA associate commissioner. The FDA tweeted:

"You are not a horse. You are not a cow; seriously y'all. Stop it."

"CNN is also right that Rogan has made dismissive remarks about coronavirus vaccines.
And touting ivermectin as a response to covid is incredibly irresponsible."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/21/joe-rogan-cnn-ivermectin-statement-gupta/

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:35 pm

aghogday wrote:
^^^

From the Article in Question:

Quote:
"Given that a prominent CNN personality agreed with a strong critique of his own colleagues, we placed the matter before the network’s PR department. They issued this statement:

[The heart of this debate has been purposely confused and ultimately lost. It’s never been about livestock versus human dosage of Ivermectin. The issue is that a powerful voice in the media, who by example and through his platform, sowed doubt in the proven and approved science of vaccines while promoting the use of an unproven treatment for covid-19 — a drug developed to ward off parasites in farm animals. The only thing CNN did wrong here was bruise the ego of a popular podcaster who pushed dangerous conspiracy theories and risked the lives of millions of people in doing so.]

"That’s quite the statement, and it makes some good points. Though ivermectin is used for scabies and river blindness and the like, the Food and Drug Administration advises against its use for covid, saying that existing data “do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19.” Doctors have been prescribing it for covid in any case, and some people have sought the drug from veterinary suppliers. “As long as the drug is approved for some humans, it seems to me irrelevant that it’s approved for animals, except that this is the way that people have gone about procuring the drug and in so doing have put themselves at risk,” says Peter Lurie, president of the Center for Science in the Public Interest and a former FDA associate commissioner. The FDA tweeted:

"You are not a horse. You are not a cow; seriously y'all. Stop it."

"CNN is also right that Rogan has made dismissive remarks about coronavirus vaccines.
And touting ivermectin as a response to covid is incredibly irresponsible."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/21/joe-rogan-cnn-ivermectin-statement-gupta/

:cheers: :thumleft: :hail:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 8:39 pm

aghogday wrote:
^^^

Oh, so you can format your posts normally, and even correctly use quotes after all? So, would you say that I presented the information in a deceptive manner in order to create a certain impression? Was that wrong? Would you say it's bad to do that?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 9:28 pm

^^^

Dude, (Or 'Knuckle Dragging
Intellectual' as You Once Described Yourself)

i didn't Earn 3 College Degrees

ALL AT ONCE, For Nothing, HAha...

And Don't Fool Yourself; i've
Never Been 'Normal' Either, TG.

i've made it clear more than
Once, my special interest is
Writing Long Form Epic Poetry.

This is A Site For Autistic Folks;

And A Support One For Them to
Entertain Their Special Interests.

Entertaining Philosophy, Religion,
And Politics, in Form of Free Verse Poetry is What i do.

Is it Everyone's Cup of Tea Who has Difficulty With Metaphor: No.

Yet It Has Gained Over 70,000 Views in One Solo Thread i Create

So Apparently, Someone is Looking; As Our Administrator

Cornflake Makes it Clear; Those Are Only Registered
Member Views.

Never the Less,

However That's
Not my Problem;

Metaphor is Not
An Issue with my
Form of Autism Now.

And As Far as Your Presentation:

It Was Slanted And Partly Incorrect;

Yes, Similar to What CNN Also Did;

No, i Don't Think You Are Lying Either.

i Worked For the Federal Government
For 25 Years too; i Surely Will Do 'Hall Monitor'

And Be As Pedantically and Semantically Correct As Anyone Else Here.

And on Top of that one of my Jobs For the Federal Government Was Approving

Printing Jobs for a Very Large Navy Installation. It Was my Responsibility to

Edit other Folk's Writing And Computer Graphics Mistakes.

i Still Enjoy Editing Other

Folks Mistakes,

In Addition to
Writing Longest Epic

Long Form Poetry too;

And Still Doing Stuff Like Leg Pressing Up to
1520 Pounds, more than Any Elite Military
Dude Can Do At The Military Gym i Work-out at as
A Retired Federal Employee. And No, i don't need
Any 'Guns', Other than my arms to make it through

Life fearless and free (With Associated Martial Arts Skills);

And No, i Don't Think You Did Anything 'Wrong' Per Say; You
Just Presented Part of the Story; And i Presented the Rest of the story

For Fair and

Balanced

Coverage, hAha...

Anything, i've Ever Done Here,
i Can Still Do; Plus SO MUCH MORE;

Human Potential That's (This Is) What
i Do Across The Life Span; i Just never stop

Like A Real

Living Energizer
Bunny, Hehe With SMiLes...

Of Course, The Bi-Polar Non-Specified
Part, in Balance, Does Provide A Bit of Extra Brain
Juice to the Otherwise Bland Autism Spectrum Disorder...

my Father Wasn't Fortunate Enough to Inherit That from my Mother, like me...

Yet on the Other Hand, Some of my Maternal Relatives, Weren't Fortunate Enough

To Inherit

the Asperger's

Syndrome From my Father

That Balances, Bi-Polar Non-Specified, Out too

For me at least. Outside of This place, Most

Folks Online Consider me 'SUPER BLESSED'...

Anyway, i don't Forget Much; You Noted i had
Some Kind of Medical Condition in the past That Caused
me to Write the Way i Do; So, Hopefully, This Explains, in Part, why i do...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 9:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Brictoria wrote:

The former Mr. Katy Perry feels he's qualified enough to attack Dr. Gupta, so that in itself implies he's some sort of authority on the subject.

So, you create a strawman argument that by "attacking" Mr Gupta, it automatically makes him an "expert" (at least, in your eyes) while at the same time questioning what makes him an expert (being a position you, personally, assigned to him)?

Even taking your deeply flawed "reasoning" as being correct, the discussion was about the specific medication Mr Rogan was taking (was he taking the "livestock" form as CNN claimed, or the "human" form given to him by his doctor), a subject of which Mr Rogan would be in a much more knowledgable position (an "expert" on the subject, even) than Mr Gupta (or anyone at CNN)... It wasn't about how "effective" (or otherwise) the medication may be, merely about the "form" of medication taken.

Off Topic
It's interesting watching the campaign to misrepresent a discussion between 2 people regarding whether one of them was specifically taking a horse medication, or a human medication supplied by a doctor (given both have the same "active ingredient", though at differing levels). The attempts to present it as instead being about the "effectiveness" of the medication for treating a particular disease, or that the human and livestock versions of the medication are "interchangable" in discussion\reporting because they share an ingredient, show either a complete lack of understanding, or a concerted attempt to spread misinformation about it...

On the plus side, those pushing these alternative narratives (such as CNN did) have helpfully demonstrated that they are happy to promote\spread misinformation, and so shouldn't be trusted\believed on other subjects as a result.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 10:23 pm

^^^
I'm still sticking with my criticism of the former Mr. Katy Perry. So there: Thpppttt (Me sticking my tongue out and making that noise).

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 12:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
I'm still sticking with my criticism of the former Mr. Katy Perry. So there: Thpppttt (Me sticking my tongue out and making that noise).

Sticking to your usual high standards for rigorous argumentation, I see.