Page 47 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 60  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:00 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
How did he go from a record breaking 81 million votes to a 37% approval rating in just 10 months?

He's disappointing but a significant portion of those voters would have voted for practically anything to save their nation from Trump's second term.

Now we're safe from being energy independent!

That's a funny way of saying safe from needless environmental destruction in the middle of a global shift away from those types of energy sources.

This might come as a shocker but people younger than you care about their future and that future is dependent on more than just cheap energy.

Oil is still being pumped out of the ground just instead of us getting our own, Middle Eastern countries are pumping the oil and shipping it to us.
I like my oil to come from a nice clean pipeline rather than travel across the ocean in a dirty oil taker polluting the water.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:59 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
How did he go from a record breaking 81 million votes to a 37% approval rating in just 10 months?

He's disappointing but a significant portion of those voters would have voted for practically anything to save their nation from Trump's second term.

That's a funny way of saying safe from needless environmental destruction in the middle of a global shift away from those types of energy sources.

This might come as a shocker but people younger than you care about their future and that future is dependent on more than just cheap energy.

Oil is still being pumped out of the ground just instead of us getting our own, Middle Eastern countries are pumping the oil and shipping it to us.
I like my oil to come from a nice clean pipeline rather than travel across the ocean in a dirty oil taker polluting the water.

Let me know when there's finally a clean pipeline. :lol:

The oil doesn't need to come out of the ground because the goal is reducing dependency on it. The drill baby drill crowd sound like a heroin junky arguing they don't need to quit because they've got a big stash at home while ignoring all the consequences of abuse. It doesn't matter where you get it from, it's time to end the harmful addiction.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 9:01 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

You do realise that "cheap energy" is helping impoverished nations out of, err, poverty. :scratch:

You are making a binary where none exists.
And playing the ageist card is an indication of a cheap ploy.
Try playing the ball and not the man, kid. 8O D'oh! :mrgreen:

You do realize cheap energy that's harmful to the environment isn't actually cheap, you're just forcing the costs on to future generations, right?

Just because you'll be dead before it's a big enough problem doesn't mean it isn't a big problem.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 11:01 am

Wow China making threats against the EU .Judging by the video in the further up link .China now sounds more like a War monger type of position ?

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 7:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

You do realise that "cheap energy" is helping impoverished nations out of, err, poverty. :scratch:

You are making a binary where none exists.
And playing the ageist card is an indication of a cheap ploy.
Try playing the ball and not the man, kid. 8O D'oh! :mrgreen:

You do realize cheap energy that's harmful to the environment isn't actually cheap, you're just forcing the costs on to future generations, right?

Just because you'll be dead before it's a big enough problem doesn't mean it isn't a big problem.

You do realise how many people die in undeveloped countries because they don't have cheap energy, right? 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:07 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

We have a similar problem in Australia.
We won't build another coal fire energy source, while China and India build hundreds more, but we will ship coal to those countries for them to burn.

How many people complain about China producing 28% of CO2 emissions, btw.
(Australia produces 1.3%)
And why are so many countries pissing on Australia when it is meeting its emission targets while others don't?
Did someone say "Political buggery"? 8O :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:11 pm

Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

We won't build another coal fire energy source, while China and India build hundreds more, but we will ship coal to those countries for them to burn.

And why are so many countries pissing on Australia when it is meeting its emission targets while others don't?

To be fair, plenty of activists on the issue call out China, that's why China responses by trying to call Greta Thunberg fat or a puppet of the west or any of the other insults they've levelled in her direction over the years.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Let me know when there's finally a clean pipeline. :lol:

The oil doesn't need to come out of the ground because the goal is reducing dependency on it. The drill baby drill crowd sound like a heroin junky arguing they don't need to quit because they've got a big stash at home while ignoring all the consequences of abuse. It doesn't matter where you get it from, it's time to end the harmful addiction.

You do realise renewable energy couldn't survive without massive subsidies, right?
You do realise that solar panels and windmills use resources dug up by the mining industry, right?
And what happens to the product when their use-by date is up in 20 or 30 years?
Ever think about that, youngster? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:15 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

To be fair, plenty of activists on the issue call out China, that's why China responses by trying to call Greta Thunberg fat or a puppet of the west or any of the other insults they've levelled in her direction over the years.

How many years did it take Greta (god bless her) to discover China's dirty secrets?
I have been whinging about this for literally years. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:20 pm

Jakki wrote:
Wow China making threats against the EU .Judging by the video in the further up link .China now sounds more like a War monger type of position ?

You just discovered *now* that China is ruled by a jingoistic warmonger, my little chick-a-dee? 8O

Xi seems to be losing it and is attacking just about everyone but the Taliban.
Speculation is that he is relying on nationalism to help him survive.
I hope they oust him before he starts WWIII. 8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 8:24 pm

Pepe wrote:
How many years did it take Greta (god bless her) to discover China's dirty secrets?

The earliest articles I found after a quick search were over a year old. Considering she's still a high school kid, has only been notable for about 3 years and has the rest of her life to devote to this matter I'd say she's got a fair record so far.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 12:15 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

The earliest articles I found after a quick search were over a year old. Considering she's still a high school kid, has only been notable for about 3 years and has the rest of her life to devote to this matter I'd say she's got a fair record so far.

It took her 17 years plus 9 months to realise China's lack of environmental interest.
That is a hell of a long time to ignore the problem. :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2021, 12:23 am

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:

It took her 17 years plus 9 months to realise China's lack of environmental interest.
That is a hell of a long time to ignore the problem. :mrgreen:

Clearly we need to start our activists younger. Baby's first words better be profound and informed.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 7:03 pm

Less than 1 year in - courtesy of MSNBC:
More details:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 9:34 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Less than 1 year in - courtesy of MSNBC:
More details:

It is harder to govern than taking potshots when you are not. 8)

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 9:37 pm

He's still better than the orange man