Page 24 of 25 [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 7:12 am

Dox47 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Unless of course this outcome is desired and instances like this aren't a bug, they're the core feature. :chin:

They aren't, this movement gets its strength from suburban moderates, the architect of the whole thing is a Seattle area Millennial, separating it from previous religious right driven curriculum fights is a high priority for them as that's poisonous to the types of voters they're trying to reach here.

Rufo has been very up front with what he's doing here, he's baiting the left into defending their nuttiest academic theories in public, in the context of what's being taught to children, which makes it high stakes for their parents. He doesn't want to whitewash history, that doesn't help him in any way and is a distraction, what he wants is to drag the theorists out of the shadows and make them Exhibit A in why the left can't be trusted to educate your children, and more broadly, govern your country, he comes right out and says it

The truly amazing thing is that the Democratic party could easily get out of this if it was willing to "Sista Souljah" these cranks, which would be a brilliant political move regardless, but they won't, they'll cut their own throats trying to defend it instead and lose everything they claim to care about.

Most of us will lose by a combination of Trump winning in a landslide and s**t that will follow. Both Proud Boy and woke types will be validated by that result. Very bad.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 11:09 pm

Cancel culture was originally a Conservative idea, broadly, in a historical context - and it is figuratively on the horizon again, so all of those wokeologists are going to be the subject of a nice feast - being cancelled (not by me) - but by other Conservatives who don't value freedom.

Oh, the irony.

You reap what you sow etc.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 12:28 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Cancel culture was originally a Conservative idea, broadly, in a historical context - and it is figuratively on the horizon again, so all of those wokeologists are going to be the subject of a nice feast - being cancelled (not by me) - but by other Conservatives who don't value freedom.

Oh, the irony.

Indeed. Some conservatives think we are so stupid that we haven't noticed that they are using something to cancel something else even though they created it in the first place.

Almost every attempt to cancel culture has been led by the front by conservative types bemoaning that progressives are moving too fast in creating a better world.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 4:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Oh, the irony.

Indeed. Some conservatives think we are so stupid that we haven't noticed that they are using something to cancel something else even though they created it in the first place.

Almost every attempt to cancel culture has been led by the front by conservative types bemoaning that progressives are moving too fast in creating a better world.

It works both ways, doesn't it?

Personally, I try to keep directly in the centre of everything, by being progressive and maximising my freedoms, whilst not figuratively letting my brains fly out of my head by being overly open-minded.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 9:09 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Oh, the irony.

Personally, I try to keep directly in the centre of everything, by being progressive and maximising my freedoms, whilst not figuratively letting my brains fly out of my head by being overly open-minded.

True, progression must be tempered by the speed of change. But then hey! who would have guessed in the 1990s that people in 2019 would be walking around 24-7 staring at small electronic devices which held their entire lives in their little hands and that two years after that the whole of humanity would be working from their living rooms.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 11:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Oh, the irony.

True, progression must be tempered by the speed of change. But then hey! who would have guessed in the 1990s that people in 2019 would be walking around 24-7 staring at small electronic devices which held their entire lives in their little hands and that two years after that the whole of humanity would be working from their living rooms.

I consider this new way of doing things to be somewhat of a regression, personally.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2022, 11:48 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I consider this new way of doing things to be somewhat of a regression, personally.

And yet the right/conservative have adapted with the times in order to remain relevant. They conveniently and deliberately peddle conspiracies/theories using social media (that they probably know are untrue) in order to rile up conservatives.

The republicans have used social media as effectively (sometimes even better) than the democrats and provided a voice for younger conservatives whom in the 1990s might have been scared to show their face in public or openly state their support for a buffoon like Trump, Boris Johnson or Bolsanaro.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 2:28 am

I just thought the right wingers where all getting a hard on about 'f**k your feelings'

but kind of seems like when people act the same way towards them they get all butthurt and offended and complain about getting 'canceled' so yeah right back at all right-wingers with their special snowflake insult....well who's the special snowflake now?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 2:39 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I just thought the right wingers where all getting a hard on about 'f**k your feelings'

but kind of seems like when people act the same way towards them they get all butthurt and offended and complain about getting 'canceled' so yeah right back at all right-wingers with their special snowflake insult....well who's the special snowflake now?

I think basically they want to control the narrative only how they see it. Nobody else matters.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 2:48 am

^^^as my college abnormal psych prof described it, that is dissocial in a nutshell.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 3:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I think basically they want to control the narrative only how they see it. Nobody else matters.

Irony is always funny. Even free speech until it affects them. Now they want to censor us.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 3:17 am

they don't want us to vote either.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 5:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^as my college abnormal psych prof described it, that is dissocial in a nutshell.

League_Girl wrote:
Irony is always funny. Even free speech until it affects them. Now they want to censor us.

Yes I think there are elements or "traits" of anti-social personality disorder + obedience to authority which leads to a disregard to the welfare of those deemed "other". If I mention one example of where this got out of hand unfortunately I would be invoking Godwin's law again.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 5:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

League_Girl wrote:

Yes I think there are elements or "traits" of anti-social personality disorder + obedience to authority which leads to a disregard to the welfare of those deemed "other". If I mention one example of where this got out of hand unfortunately I would be invoking Godwin's law again.

the actual Godwin recently said that his law is sorta obsolete now, due to all the crypto nazis rearing their heads/outing themselves all over the place.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 5:51 am

Working in a work-factory is a nightmare. Bringing the factory to your home is a nightmare.

Not having money is a nightmare.

We are all doomed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 6:03 am

the 1% always seem to come out on top no matter what.