Page 16 of 60 [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 60  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:01 pm

Is it really that bad though? I mean before Roe vs. Wade, people were still hooking up and the free love movement happened before Roe vs. Wade, so was it really that bad, since people chose to have a free love movement, before the law was even passed?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:07 pm

ironpony wrote:
Is it really that bad though? I mean before Roe vs. Wade, people were still hooking up and the free love movement happened before Roe vs. Wade, so was it really that bad, since people chose to have a free love movement, before the law was even passed?

In 1962 millions of women started using the pill as a contraceptive which helped start the "free love" movement and when groupies started throwing themselves at rock bands.

During the 1960s there were a lot of pregnancies from hookups where the mothers were forced to term. Lots of single mothers and adopted children.

Last edited by cyberdad on 25 Jun 2022, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:07 pm

ironpony wrote:

Yes it's really that bad.

Whether it's written as a "constitutional right" or not in Canada, we have the Charter of Rights and Freedoms ensuring that all Canadian citizens are treated equally regardless of sex, gender, etc.

We didn't strike down any laws ensuring that girls and women were equal to men, or that they had the same civil liberties as other human beings.

All Canadian girls and women have access to abortions because healthcare is provincially governed, and none of the provinces or territories have made it a criminal offence or thrown people in prison for helping others to get the medical care they might require.

Last edited by IsabellaLinton on 25 Jun 2022, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:08 pm

Oh I see. So the pill is not the most reliable then?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:09 pm

ironpony wrote:

I hope you're joking.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:09 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Yes it's really that bad.

Whether it's written as a "constitutional right" or not in Canada, we have the Charter of Rights and Freedoms ensuring that all Canadian citizens are treated equally regardless of sex, gender, etc.

We didn't strike down any laws ensuring that girls and women were equal to men, or that they had the same civil liberties as other human beings.

All Canadian girls and women have access to abortions because healthcare is provincially governed, and none of the provinces or territories have made it a criminal offence or thrown people in prison for helping others to get the medical care they might require.

Oh I see. Well it seems that Americans have wanted socialized health care like in Canada, but why don't they go for that instead of just the abortion right only? Why not protest not having socialized health care?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:10 pm

ironpony wrote:

A lot of teenage girls don't take the pill and yes, sometimes it doesn't work or they forget to take it at the right time.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:10 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
ironpony wrote:

I hope you're joking.

Well I read it was pretty effective but not sure if there are a lot failings though.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:

A lot of teenage girls don't take the pill and yes, sometimes it doesn't work or they forget to take it at the right time.

Well it seems abortion is still legal, it's got some more restrictions but what are the restrictions now exactly in the US? You need to provide reasons, before they decide?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:14 pm

Only in the USA can guns end up having more rights than women.
I guess next the guns will have the right to vote and not women. I knew the USA was going to a certain very hot place the minute the orange turd was elected for president.

I'm sure many Americans were not supportive of this decision, but it happened anyway because the most idiotic are always the loudest, and in the US the loudest are always the ones that are heard.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:18 pm

The real reason this has been passed is because many red states have a majority of their population who are pro-life. I posit the 6 supreme court judges who overturned the 1973 bill are of like mind otherwise it doesn't make sense.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:35 pm

Well I am no US law expert but as I understand it, the judge in the Roe vs. Wade case, said that there was a law in the constitution guaranteeing the right to abortion. But there is no such law in the US constitution, so should we be surprised the court overturned it, when a judge on a case, made a law up, hoping it would stick for all time, if I understand that correctly?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:36 pm

So when are the unwed mother’s homes making a come back?
Here it was Florence Crittenton homes for girls.People were still sticking their daughters in them when I was a teenager.One of my friends had to stay at one, her parents couldn’t bear the shame of a pregnant unwed teen under their roof.
https://www.thelily.com/a-shame-filled- ... ir-babies/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:38 pm

Misslizard wrote:
So when are the unwed mother’s homes making a come back?
Here it was Florence Crittenton homes for girls.People were still sticking their daughters in them when I was a teenager.One of my friends had to stay at one, her parents couldn’t bear the shame of a pregnant unwed teen under their roof.
https://www.thelily.com/a-shame-filled- ... ir-babies/

Making American great again like the 1950s :roll:

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:40 pm

Well it was said that many teenage girls do not use the pill but why not? Do they think they just will not get pregnant or what?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:

A lot of children, teenaged girls, young women, and adult women don't take it because it is hormonal contraception that can be deadly or be contraindicated by their preexisting conditions.

Furthermore, a lot of children, teenaged girls, young women, and adult women don't take it because they don't expect to have sex, even though they may be forced into it against their will by family members, friends, partners, and / or strangers.